Anyone with Syncros bar?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone with Syncros bar?

Since 6.6 frame is so fat looking around the head tube area (naturally, it's onepointfive) and regular size bar and stem look little odd, so I'm looking into changing them to oversize ones. Luckily, I have a Dangerboy SR71 OS version, so actually looking into bars, then I found that Syncros makes DH bar with white color (for my white color frame) and very low rise, 20 mm rise with 9 degree sweep called Bulk bar.

It seems Syncros is back to making some good products this year, and wondering if anyone got hold of the bars.
    I'm wondering how they are made.

Anyone?
    Full filled with 6.6 then migrating to Slope Style for more. "Intense Slope Style Central"

No, that's not phonetic
    I've been on a set of the 7-series aluminum Bulk bars (in 25.4mm) for a while now. Super bar. Hard to find a 28" bar that doesn't weigh a ton. I love the bend. It feels like FSA, Protapers, and Eastons before they got all weird with CNC. Just stay away from the 6-series aluminum. Heavy!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Which rise bar do you have? I want to keep the bar height low, so I'm interested in the low rise bar, and from their web site the low rise bar looks appealing comparing to other brand and also seem to be lower.

Also, which color do you have? Do they have grossy finish?

Last edited by OneBikeGuy; 01-07-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Full filled with 6.6 then migrating to Slope Style for more. "Intense Slope Style Central"

mtbr member
    I run the Bulk bar on my Hardtail I've had it for about 3 years now and I absolutely love the feel. I'm running a 2 inch rise and the Syncros I think it's the bearhug stem 50mm and the setup rocks.

mtbr member
    E2,

Great. Can I order Syncros stuff through you folks? That will be awesome.

mtbr member
    yes you can, we don't stock much because not many people ask for it, email me or call and I'll get you hooked up. Ride On- E2 [email protected]

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've ridden my 7075 Bulk bar for 1,5 years now. Absolutely no complaints.

mtbr member
    Thanks, boot, can't wait 'til I get one!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBikeGuy
    Which rise bar do you have? I want to keep the bar height low, so I'm interested in the low rise bar, and from their web site the low rise bar looks appealing comparing to other brand and also seem to be lower.

Also, which color do you have? Do they have grossy finish?

those look pretty sweet! i was about to pick up a ritchey lowriser but now i'm reconsidering...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    those look pretty sweet! i was about to pick up a ritchey lowriser but now i'm reconsidering...
    Isn't it? The best looking low riser bar (I mean really low) I've seen.

No, that's not phonetic
    I have the 2" rise bar. It is a flat matte black, and the ano finish is pretty durable. They were going pretty cheap on ebay a while back. They make a carbon version too that looks nice. The website says they are 690mm but all the Bulk bars I have seen are 715mm. I like em long.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    I just received my Syncros stuff from [email protected]
    The bar is amazingly nice!!!! I bought the saddle and pedals and they are all nice.

Now I have to take new photos again with white Snycros parts on my bike.

mtbr member

Holy $hit

Kaku i cannot believe you already have that order.........we just shipped it Monday night!!!!!

How about that blingin' bashguard? I gotta get one after seeing yours. I'm gonna snap some photos of my bike with the white Syncros stuff prett soon. Ride On- E2

mtbr member
    Competitive Cyclist is just amazing. You guys must be located in the airport.

And you work so hard E2!

With such business shceme you have, you should claim for international dealership to the manufacturers, that don't prohibit you from selling internationally, because no one won't be able to do better than you.

Maybe I'm lucky that I caught your attention, but so far, you are the best sales person I ever encountered (and maybe you are not even only sales person).

Best,

mtbr member
    Competitive Cyclist is just amazing. You guys must be located in the airport.

Best,
    lol.

killer pro shop indeed!

mtbr member
    yep.

Just look at what I got from [email protected]! He specially ordered these for me and delivered them so fast! More photos from here.

sick! what is the weight of the bulks?

now you just need the syncros ds28 white rims and u'll be set

mtbr member
    I wish the ds28 was UST and I love my crossmax sx wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one

didn't weight the bar seperate but with a 65mm all mountain Syncros stem it was 459g

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one

The weight of the bar from their website says "265g". It is for DH so pretty heavy.

mtbr member

Okay here it is.

I think I'm going to paint the frame flat white to match the bar and stem. Kiddie camo started flacking at the headtube, so some aircraft paint remover brought back the works finish. Check out the custom green decals also, the photo may not do them justice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    you'v got the stem! Flat white on your flame would be nice.

mtbr member
    E2, my man, did you see the black bulk bar? The design is more updated and it has etching like the raceface seatpost! Wouldn't it look nice on your bike?

mtbr member
    E2, my man, did you see the black bulk bar? The design is more updated and it has etching like the raceface seatpost! Wouldn't it look nice on your bike?
    saw it and yes it's pretty dope, but after painting mine flat white it should look superdupperdope with the white bar and stem

mtbr member
    yeah, the white bar is so apealing, too, I can't decide which.
    It seems my case can go both way because of black stanchion of Marzocchi.
    How do you like the stem besides the color?
    Is CC going to handle Syncros as regular stock item from now on?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Check out the custom green decals also, the photo may not do them justice.
    Where do you guys get all the custom decals from? I saw those cool snow camo on IntenseRdr's Socom. Intense?

mtbr member
    Green decal. Nice. I was thinking red for mine since some of the little parts are red.

mtbr member

I hope so

I hope we have enough people interested to start stocking the Syncros items.........they definitely rock. The stem feels great, I think I might drop it a tad lower before my next ride, I rode home in the snow yesterday, and did my usual climb through a park nearby that connects 2 of the main roads to my house. The climb is a bout a mile, so nothing real lengthy but it's kinda tough with a 38T up front only, not to mention the roots were getting very slick. I had the opportunity to hit a few drops yesterday as well and a couple good gap jumps and the bar and stem feel rock solid and have the perfect blend of upsweep and backsweep (now the cockpit feels VERY close to my urban bike) I would definitely recommend the stem good rise and perfect length(65mm) I'll post some more action shots soon. Later OBG- Ride On- E2

mtbr member

Props to Patrick @ Syncros

Gotta let everyone know that Patrick is the man @ Syncros, he is trying to let people know that Syncros is not dead, they are very much alive and still creating some of the best equipment out there, with white being the trend this year in freeride he's definitley got his head in the game alond with Deity, and a couple other guys offering white products, but the Syncros stuff is light, strong and they provide A+ customer service. Hopefully we can get this stuff on our shelves here soon, with so many people running either FSA, Easton, or Race Face, it's nice to have something different and give people more options. Ride On- E2

mtbr member

I was looking around the web

I was looking around the web for the ideal headset for the 6.6 (downsize to 1&1/8) then found the new Syncros website. I only knew them with rather older people using the seatposts. The headset looked awesome, too bad both the upper and the lower cups were very thin that I won't be able to use it for my 6.6 because the crown will hit the downtube. The I looked through the other products and man, they all looked great. Especially the handlebar. I had never seen such good looking oversized low rise bar. I'm super picky about the bar shapes but this one is the king of oversized low rise bar for sure. Too bad for me that the stem has little bit of rise, since I'm short in height, I want to keep the bar height low, so I chose Thomson 4X stem. I didn't mind getting the black and white stem, too, if it was 0 degree rise. I also purchased the saddles. Both models. One for the downhilling and another for allmountain and everyday ride. They are not as slick as SDG BelAir which is a perfect fit for me, but especially the allmountain/xc version of Syncros saddle is getting to be nice, extra padding than SDG, so I don't hurt after hitting my bud on the drops when I make mistakes. As for the pedals they look very nice. I got the white magnesium one, they only weigh 420 grams. One thing is that my left pedal might be little warpt looking and I feel it, too when I'm pedaling. Was it from the beginning or not, I don't know. Also, I got the bash guard for 36/38T but it seems like it is made for 40/42. I have 36T middle ring but it is way too big, the one I got was labeled 36/38 on the box, but it is actually slightly larger than my Gamut bash for 40T. but the silver shiny bash guard looks nice! I hope to get the right size so I can fit it with my Blackspire stinger chain device (only seem to except up to 38 the largest).

The bar is awesome, I'm sooooo happy to find a great bar like this. I was into Answer ProTaper TI silver lowrise, but since 6.6 frame is pretty fat around the headtube area, I wanted to get an oversized bar. Thanks to Syncros for making such beautiful handlebar and thanks to E2 to making extra effor to deliver them to me so quick.

Now, as I said, I can't decide between the black bersion and white version. The white version looks great with my white frame. The same white color pedals make it not too much white actually, I was afraid that it would look too childish to have too much white parts but it turned out to be okay. However, the black Bulk bar has nicer finish with shiny and mat black designed with the logo. Very nice. The new log and paint of the name "Bulk" looks so much nicer on the black one, too. So, I hope Syncros makes the white one just like the black version with mat and shiny white with the logo patterns. I won't be able to stop myself to just buy that without thinking.
    Last edited by OneBikeGuy; 02-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0