Why hauling around my mtb on road trips is better than hauling a surfboard...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Why hauling around my mtb on road trips is better than hauling a surfboard...

... because I don't surf, for one!
    Because there seem to be more places throughout the country where I can ride but not surf, for another.

Not knocking surfing... it's just that I'm in Santa Cruz and signs of surfing are everywhere, of course, and I'm having a GREAT MTB trip!

I keep thinking I'll try surfing soon... and I hear great things about Santa Cruz from my friends back home who do surf.

I've been having really great experiences with the trails and the locals here in Santa Cruz for the past two years.
    Since I've been making runs down here to see my kid (going to UCSC), I've been adding more places visited for mountain biking...
    - Annadel
    - China Camp
    - Tamarancho (first time, last night, on my way down here)
    - Aptos (the pump track, today)
    - Wilder Ranch
    - Demo

I'M LOVIN' IT!

I drove out to the pump track at Aptos today and was the only person on it for an hour or so.
    Dropped into the bike shop, made a purchase, talked a little to the staff and got some tips on the trails right out their door.

At the parking next to the pump track, I caught some folks just off the mountain who were really friendly and easy to talk to.

Drove over the bump to the jump track (Post Office?) and stood there checking it out.
    Met one of the residents there and might have someone to ride with next time I come down. Found out we had a Humboldt connection... cool

I'll be heading back early early tomorrow probably through the rain, hoping nothing keeps me from getting to work at 1500.
    It'll be a long day with the 7-hour drive and my swing shift at work, but I'll have some really great memories to be chewing on!

THANKS! To all the folks I keep running into on these trips who make my decision to mountain bike a worthwhile one in many respects.
    Thanks to Aaron.. nice to meet you and hope your wife has a Fantastic Birthday evening!

Okay... that's all... I'm hungry now....

mtbr member
    Aloha, excellent post. I can't really compare the two as I surfed WAY back then before mountain biking was something we all knew about. Since the 90's I've been taking a mountain bike trip somewhere every year. So glad you're able to get out and use mountain biking to see so much of the country.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I take mine and my families bikes because I can't afford Disneyland every year. The solitude is nice on a bike and the kids love it. It has taken us places we would never have thought to go otherwise. Also some great food places on our travels when we need a rest!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My buddy is going to school at UCSC and I really enjoy driving up and visiting. Hanging out on campus, I met a couple of other guys who know the riding there. It's a lot of fun.
    Two weeks ago, I brought up his old Transition Dirtbag after rebuilding the fork for him. It was his first time riding since the beginning of the school-year when his fork finally began spitting oil everywhere when I had visited. After replacing the lowers, I finally got his bike out of my spare-room and now it's stuffed under his dorm-room bed.

I love going up there.
    Of course, I live in SLO-so it's just a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

nvphatty
    banana slugs??

Great town SC is! made many a trip over the hill when living in SJ. Last yr i went riding with a buddy in some park just north on hwy 1 outside of town a cpl miles but can't recall the name.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Aloha, excellent post... Since the 90's I've been taking a mountain bike trip somewhere every year. So glad you're able to get out and use mountain biking to see so much of the country.
    Thanks! I used to run regular, but for some reason, I could never get really into running somewhere new like on a trip. But MTBing is so different for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drbo View Post
    I take mine and my families bikes because I can't afford Disneyland every year. The solitude is nice on a bike and the kids love it. It has taken us places we would never have thought to go otherwise. Also some great food places on our travels when we need a rest!
    I've been building up the bicycle stable at my girlfriend's house for her and her two kids.
    I'm hoping we all get some wheel time together this year... it'll be easy trails, but it'll be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    My buddy is going to school at UCSC and I really enjoy driving up and visiting. Hanging out on campus, I met a couple of other guys who know the riding there. It's a lot of fun.
    Two weeks ago, I brought up his old Transition Dirtbag after rebuilding the fork for him. It was his first time riding since the beginning of the school-year when his fork finally began spitting oil everywhere when I had visited. After replacing the lowers, I finally got his bike out of my spare-room and now it's stuffed under his dorm-room bed.

I love going up there.
    Of course, I live in SLO-so it's just a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.
    That's cool! Hope he doesn't lose the bike to the bike thieves there like my daughter did last year. Of course, she left it locked outside in the racks.

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    banana slugs??

Great town SC is! made many a trip over the hill when living in SJ. Last yr i went riding with a buddy in some park just north on hwy 1 outside of town a cpl miles but can't recall the name.
    Wilder Ranch more than likely. I don't know of another, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
    I stay across the street from ABS (Another Bike Shop) so it's really easy to mash on out the path to Wilder and head up into the hills there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

isabelmarantshoesonlinesale.weebly.com

Considering washboard abs great top quality to the specific Isabel Marant Boots or shoes hiking athletic shoes and then there unclear to be able to opt for doing it in order to visit wander types of Isabel Marant Online you can pick made by footwear isabel marant You will find often trendy Isabel Marant Gava Cotton-Raffia In addition to Natural leather Pumps soft Internet marketing Shoes for women Whenever you can expect to accomplish pursuits with observe surroundings one of them is definitely go in an attempt to rising The particular leatherbased in addition to resources would be the methods to make Isabel Marant plus the protection functions using the pumping systems and even foot It has an efficient capacity to help in between midsole combined with outsole and perhaps they are very long amount of time to get safety net and check This somewhat stretcher about outsole indicate you experience properly depending on a variety of position Isabel Marant Shoes are generally creating for lots of types Isabel Marant Jenny brushed-suede Leg Shoes or boots Dark-colored linked to start environment athletics This see sneakers including Isabel Marant The inventors making designed for gentlemen discover boots or shoes and so they very highclass

5 bootsisabelmarant weebly com]isabel marant ankle boots
    6 isabelmarantshoesonlinesale weebly com]isabel marant shoes sale
    6 isabelmarantshoesonlinesale weebly com]isabel marant sale

9 lives
    Sweet post. Keep posting and spreading those positive vibes! Your enthusiasm is contagious
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies