whos riding ther bike/christmas present on christmas day?- Mtbr.com
    cannondale rider

whos riding ther bike/christmas present on christmas day?

im taking my new cannondale prophet out on christmas eve and christmas day and sunday. im ditching the family thing at grandma right after lunch to go for a ride. whos doing this too, or am i the only one with his/her priorities screwed up

Sep 2004

I wish I could

but the bike I ordered has not arrived yet.

mtbr member
    my wife and kids would be very disappointed if I blew them off for a ride on Christmas. but it did cross my mind. However, if I got a new bike, I think she would understand if I took it out for a spin. Having said that, the day after Christmas, my daughter and I are going moutainbiking, and we'll be gone most of the day without any flak.

Have fun man and post some pics.
    Bikes are my time machines.

Des(s)ert Rat
    Unless you peeked under the wrapping paper, how would you know?

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    Not me because I have to build it on Christmas day, but have a good time.

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rshank3499
    im taking my new cannondale prophet out on christmas eve and christmas day and sunday. im ditching the family thing at grandma right after lunch to go for a ride. whos doing this too, or am i the only one with his/her priorities screwed up
    I was seriously considering a spin in the morning [Christmas], but when I watched the weather, and it said it would be 17 degrees, I pretty much changed my mind. Then I read your thread and now I have to go. 7am will now find me in Abingdon Va, at the Virginia Creeper Trail. Thanks for the inspiration and Merry Christmas! Anyone care to join me? I'm sure Lawrence will be there! [If you have ever ridden the creeper, then you probably know Lawrence]

Trail rider and racer

No new bike this year - or anything bike related but....

I always save boxing day for a good ride. Usually the weather is good and you always get some good trail time with minimal interruptions and it's always nice to see new riders, bikes and happy faces on the trail.
    Trev!

Two wheels are best
    Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    Well, because I picked it out and have had it (and been riding it) since the second week in November!
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

TJ.
    MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer

I am.

I can't believe that I am going to ride it. But I am. F***** roadies.

TJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All my friends, and associates call me Uncle Rico.

www.fatboy.s5.com

fun things are fun
    ridin tommrow, goin down the road to a big hole with caution tape around it as it was previously a tiny house with a basement now testing grounds for my new P.2
    oh yeah it's been sitin in the garage for the past two weeks witha big red bow on it and i haven't ridin it can't wait only 10 more hours
    "If your not getting dirty your not doing it right,
    unless you ride in the rain then your just muddy"

Oct 2004

...so poor...

I'm so poor that my Christmas Day ride is my present

But it's supposed to be 50 degrees tomorrow, so I guess it's not that bad. Riding on Christmas is almost as good as riding on Super Bowl Sunday, no people on the trails.

Preemptive Revenger

Me!

I talked my riding buddy into blowing off family & girlfriend and heading to Moab with me! Yes!
    Friends don't let friends give their money to NORBA.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

dr.harmonica
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclust
    I was seriously considering a spin in the morning [Christmas], but when I watched the weather, and it said it would be 17 degrees, I pretty much changed my mind. Then I read your thread and now I have to go. 7am will now find me in Abingdon Va, at the Virginia Creeper Trail. Thanks for the inspiration and Merry Christmas! Anyone care to join me? I'm sure Lawrence will be there! [If you have ever ridden the creeper, then you probably know Lawrence]
    Whoa there! I'm glad you chaged your mind. if it had been 17 degrees here in Oslo, Norway I would have gone for a ride any time. Instead it's -2 degrees and snowing so my ride will probably be on the trainer.

I was hoping that it would not snow today because then I would have had a great 2 hour ride, but in these conditions it's not fun to ride at all.
    --
    Oyvind
    terrengsykkel.no

Oct 2004
    FedEx tracking?

shins meet handlebar.
    I was told I would be getting money for a new bike, but instead I got some sweaters.

They are nice sweaters, though. No riding today. I told myself that xmas eve and xmas day were 2 days I wouldn't worry about exercise.
    Fear is the mind-killer.

Dain Bramaged

PM me your address

I KNOW I have something I can send as a gift. You deserve some bike-related gifting this year. Seriously.

Dij

mtbr member
    Kinda hard to ride a lump of coal . I guess I'll have to get on the bike tomorrow. I think I'll get a new fork in the spring for my present to myself.

mtbr member

Nope....

I got a 1Up trainer but the weather was clear, the ground either frozen or dry, and temps were in the 30s so when my wife and girls settled in to watch Princess Diaries 2 I took that as license to go for a ride. Didn't even take time to load up my new Camelback HAWG.

mtbr member
    I went for a ride after my wife and son were settled in with TV or computer games. Offered to take my son with and he treated my offer like a bad joke.

Got to the trailhead about 3:45, on the trail at 4. Arrived at the last bail out at 4:30 and wired up the battery to my helmet mounted lamp and discovered that my extension cable was faulty. Ooops! Time to head back to the car. I violated the rule, always take 2 lights.

Too bad, the 1" of fresh snow was pretty easy to ride on, no more slippery than mud and the dirt underneath was frozen solid, so no trail damage.

The temperature is supposed to hit 40F in southern Wisconsin by Wednesday, so that will be my last trail ride for a few days. I have some Lake winter shoes on order, I'm hoping that the weather cooperates!

Walt

Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra
    I'm so poor that my Christmas Day ride is my present

But it's supposed to be 50 degrees tomorrow, so I guess it's not that bad. Riding on Christmas is almost as good as riding on Super Bowl Sunday, no people on the trails.
    Yeah, that was my Christmas present too. It was sunny, the trails were empty (saw three hikers and one other cyclist) and I could not of asked for a more fun Christmas.