Where I rode today- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Where I rode today

On July 19, 2008 I set out on Mountain Biking the States, my goal was to ride at least once in each of the lower 48 states; it took me 11 months. Along the way I met bunches of people, many became friends. The locals know the trails. My mileage total to date is just under 13,000 dirt miles from 840 rides.

For years and still today I clip articles about rides. I have used MTBR.com as a research aid. I have not added a comment to any of the posted rides nor entered new data.

Yesterday during my ride on the Mohican State Forest trail down near Loudonville, near where I grew up, I hatched this idea to share on MTBR where I rode that day, just simple facts and a few comments. My purpose is to share w/ MTBR readers and hope that readers might share a trail that I have not yet ridden. This is not to be a contest for best trail ever ridden; itís just what I have ridden.
    By the way, I do not have a favorite trail but I do have the toughest: Michaux State Forest outside Gettysburg, PA.
    Not all who wander are lost.

So, yesterday I rode the Mohican SF trail, gps data of 23.74 miles, climbed 3116 feet. Tough trail in deciduous forest. one adjective: rooty. Lots of short little climbs w/ a break at the top. Almost all hand cut. trail was cleared completely after the derichio storm 2 weeks prior indicating an attentetive stewardship. I plan on riding it again on Tues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Awesome! Can't wait to read more.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thats awesome man. I dunno where you rode in FL, but I think Ft Pierce and halpatiokee park have pretty good trails, although I've never been to markham, santos, or Amelia. I can't wait to read more.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Where'd you ride in Illinois and Colorado?

Give it a crank
    That's an awesome adventure many dream of but only a few get a chance to make it happen. Some of us in AZ got a chance to meet you when you rode the BCT over a year go.

I enjoy reading your blog and I think it would be great to read more about your rides in these forums. I grew up in the east coast too. Someday I'll go back to ride some of those places.

Team Fearless Descender
    Nuts - been following your blog since the beginning. Truly awesome.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Muskoka

Allegrippis?

JPNuts I read your blog too...very cool lifestyle you have going on. Was disappointed all you had to say about Allegrippis Trails @ Raystown was a one liner that it was fun! Maybe you will flesh out the details in an upcoming post?
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    So, today I rode the Mohican State Forest trail again, 23.61 miles and 2802 feet climbing in 3 hrs 3 mins. Today the temp was 92 @ ride's end. Still a wonderfully built and challenging trail. Great for riding w/ just roots on the trail, trees gapped just over 28 inches, and shade. No vistas.
    There are trail descriptions on MTBR.
    I met Kent @ Kim's bikes in Loudonville, OH just outside the forest. I was invited on their shop ride Wed eve. Back to Mohican, it really is that enjoyable.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That sounds like it was an awesome time.

May i have a link to your blog?

Thank you

undercover brother
    Have you even ridden Idlewild England? Its probably about 3 hrs from Mohican across the river in Kentucky. Great trail system for the area. If your ever in the Cinci/northern KY region, definitely give it a check.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Nuts View Post
    On July 19, 2008 I set out on Mountain Biking the States, my goal was to ride at least once in each of the lower 48 states; it took me 11 months. Along the way I met bunches of people, many became friends. The locals know the trails. My mileage total to date is just under 13,000 dirt miles from 840 rides.

For years and still today I clip articles about rides. I have used MTBR.com as a research aid. I have not added a comment to any of the posted rides nor entered new data.

Yesterday during my ride on the Mohican State Forest trail down near Loudonville, near where I grew up, I hatched this idea to share on MTBR where I rode that day, just simple facts and a few comments. My purpose is to share w/ MTBR readers and hope that readers might share a trail that I have not yet ridden. This is not to be a contest for best trail ever ridden; itís just what I have ridden.
    By the way, I do not have a favorite trail but I do have the toughest: Michaux State Forest outside Gettysburg, PA.
    Not all who wander are lost.

So, yesterday I rode the Mohican SF trail, gps data of 23.74 miles, climbed 3116 feet. Tough trail in deciduous forest. one adjective: rooty. Lots of short little climbs w/ a break at the top. Almost all hand cut. trail was cleared completely after the derichio storm 2 weeks prior indicating an attentetive stewardship. I plan on riding it again on Tues.
    Wow thats awesome

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Could you share a link to your blog?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    My blog is: runutsadventures.com where I capture more info.
    Thanks for ride suggestions. Some I might ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    let me know if you are ever back in north idaho. Cda mtn is riding good, but it is hard to see the trail right now, due to the brush growing up so much.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Just finished Versailles State park in Indiana. Nicely executed machine cut trail weathering nicely. Even beginer trail was fun as it got hairier the faster I rode. Shower @ TH pool. Fun ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nice! sounds fun!

MTB
    Jul 2012
    Very cool idea for a thread! Will be keeping up with this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Friday I rode finally the famous Brown County park in Indiana w/ friend Phil as a guide. Well built trails. You ride what you have and the trail builders made a lot out of what they had. Some roots. What it lacked in tech on the ground stuff it made up for by twisting and turning. Got a 3 hour 26 mile ride, 2000' climb.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Catch up: I don't always have internet access to update.
    Sat. Phil shared Nebo Ridge near Norman. It is an old hiking trail running the spine of the ridge. Old school as downhills and uphills went that way. Zippity do dah.
    Sunday we rode the trails @ French Lick. 8 mile system of machine cut interesting trail. The trail crossed several small dry streams and rode up one. Pleasant riding in the woods' shade. Technically more challenging than Brown County (excluding Schooner).
    Monday I returned for another go @ Brown County trails. Buzzard feeding on a dead raccoon down in a dry creek bed.

Members who have read this thread: 0