Whats your ridiculous story?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whats your ridiculous story?

Give me a story of something rediculous you have done on the bike.

It could be smashing a gnarly dh run at night with lights on in the snow, or riding a esculator backwards down the middle of a shopping mall or doing an epic mtb trip in the french alps with your buddies or racing a 24hr in a purple tutu or watching a buddy endo into a super deep puddle only to do a perfect flip over the bars land on hits feed and walk away........

The stupider and sillier the better.

Regale me with your prose
    Last edited by plummet; 09-25-2018 at 09:36 AM.

mtbr member
    I ran over a goose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

29er convert
    I threw up on a deer
    ---------
    I once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Taken out by a beaver.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Chased by a skunk
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

mtbr member
    When I was in 7th grade I was riding to a friend's house, no hands, because each hand was holding a Super Soaker, for a dual wielding ride-by spraying.

This story ends with me walking back to the house with a broken collar bone.

mtbr member
    First trip to Moab with my lovely bride - who was in her second year of biking. She was 59 at the time, I was 60. We've been married about forever, so we know each other's "foibles"!
    Anyway, I had painstakingly set up her bike and had twist grip shifters on it. Just prior to the ride I had to remove the shifters and grips for some reason and had hurriedly put them back on.

So. We're riding, and she's having trouble shifting and says something like, "Hey, I'm having trouble with these shifters!
    (Rough translation, Geezuz H Kriste, man, did you f*ck up my bike?)
    My response was, something like "just make sure you're pedalling while rotating the shifter"
    (Rough translation: "C'mon, what are you, an idiot?")
    Her: "I am doing that ("sh*t-for-brains!")
    Me: "Well, let's take a look ("Okay, I'll stop my pleasant ride because you're too stooopid to shift gears!")

Well. Turns out, I'd put the shifters back on upside down and backwards!
    OOOPS!

Maxxis cult follower
    A few...

1. First mountain bike I bought, $180 box bike, front disc brake, put on the rotor backwards and it screwed up the pads/caliper. So I simply proceeded to ride it 5 more years without any front brake, only V-brakes in back. I didn't even know that I could buy a Shimano $20 front mechanical caliper and pads. Oops.

2. Walmart bike for $150, and crashed badly OTB with horrible tires. So I bought a better front 26" tire online. Could not get it to fit, went to the LBS, and they say "Oh by the way you have a 27.5" bike". Oops. At least they put a Kenda Nevegal on the front, that helped a lot.

3. Put the rear disk adapter on backwards, and wondered why I had so many clearance issues with the hydraulic Deore calipers. This was after I brought the bike several times to an LBS for unrelated reasons, but the 2nd LBS immediately pointed it out and I fixed it later in my garage.
    From Ancient Times - Scarlet Skies Burn to Ash

mtbr member
    When we were teenagers, a riding buddy of mine jumped a set of stairs, and flatted his front tire. Being kids, we weren't prepared with anything to patch it, so he rode a wheelie to the LBS. This wheelie lasted for several miles, up and down curbs and hills across town. I have no idea how he did it.

I was riding my bike on a local college campus, and it had a 3x crank as it was still trendy at the time. I tried to hop up on a concrete ledge and smashed the big ring square on the edge. It pinched my chain to the middle ring, preventing me from riding anywhere. As I was walking, I came across a metal dustpan. Oh yeah. I shoved the handle of that dustpan between the rings, and with my foot solidly on the frame of the bike, proceeded to pry and free my chain. It worked! At least I could ride home.
    The cake is a lie.

Barely in control
    I was maybe 12. Convinced a buddy of mine to ride bikes to the local Mr W Fireworks stand. Turns out it was like 10 miles away and the last mile was up a 20% grade. They wouldn't sell us any fireworks because of our age. He never talked to me after that.

mtbr member
    I had a Ruffed Grouse flush right over my back while riding through an unmowed pasture. It made such a racket, scaring the sh*t out of me.

I thought I was being attacked by a bear !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    In highschool my buddy and I fitted a CR80 engine to a moped which I proceeded to rip around town for the better part of a summer. Hanging out at this tiny strip mall was the equivalent of "cruising" when I was kid. One night I was showing off and rippin wheelies in the parking lot. That is until I rode a wheelie off a curb and the fork lowers shot off. I was probably going about 27 MPH when I came down sans front wheel and promptly whent cartwheeling. Everybody thought it was pretty funny, I think, cementing my legendary showing off skills.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

the discerning hooligan
    One year there was a World Cup DH race ( I think Fort William) on the same day as the Erzberg Rodeo Hare Scramble so , of course I got up at 5am and sat in front of Red BullTV for the next 6 hour pounding strong coffee. Then it was off to the ski hill, Burke, with an Iron Horse Sunday I had built up over the winter for my first lift access ride of the season. Well, first run didn't go too smooth. Maybe it was because of a morning soaked in adrenaline and caffeine. Maybe I needed to take some time to dial in the rebound settings. It was probably a combination of factors that lead me to "get after it" on that first run, boosting the one big kicker on Jester WAAYYYY past the tranny and a little to the right. Rolling up to the lift at the bottom some friends noticed me shaking the dirt out of my helmet....strike that...my friends noticed the new bike...then noticed me shaking out my helmet, asked about the new bike, asked about my old bike, and then asked if I was alright. As I handed my bike to the lift operator and got on, I told them that I was sure that I had separated my shoulder. "You're going back up?" "yeah, I have about 40 or 50 minutes before this starts to hurt for real, so I want to sneak in one more run!" How did I know how long it would take for an AC separation to start hurting?

It was two years before my crash at the hill...known in my house as the "Sunday, Bloody Sunday crash"...that on a wonderful summer day I went out for an after work ride on my fixed gear. Just after looping through Forest Park to start making my way back home, I was hit by a car that had been waved through to make a left turn, blind, across 2 lanes of traffic and directly into my path. I saw her and she saw me, both too late, but we adjusted enough that I crushed her passenger side door instead of getting low by the front of her car. I got up cursing wildly and continued until I noticed a toddler strapped in a car seat just behind where I struck the car. I didn't think I was hurt too badly so I pulled the handle bar back as straight as I could and let the poor girl off the hook for hitting me. I took my time riding to my favorite shop a little more than a mile further down the road. Sean, the best wrench I've ever know, was about to drive home, and very kindly offered to get me back to my house. On the drive I told him about how I had added some new free-ridey features to the trails behind my house and offered to show him a bit if he wanted...I still didn't feel too bad. We made it about 20 minutes up the hill when things started to go south for me, just about an hour after the crash. It was a pretty easy roll back down the hill and Sean got to hit at least one big roller before I had to quit on him. There were also a couple turns around the pump track while we discussed what I had probably done to myself. " Well, it's probably separated." " That sucks...I should probably get xrays, right? You want a beer before I kick you out?" "Sure!" I remember it was a bomber of Unibroue La Maudite, a sort of dark Belgain double ale, that we split while I tried to write a "cute" note to my wife about going to the hospital because "I got bumped a little bit by a car today on my bike ride."
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I fell into a guy once and ripped his leg off.

jcd's best friend
    I bought a bike...turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
    Trek Émonda | Transition Scout | Transition PBJ | Framed Attack Pro

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    i bunny hopped a bunny that froze in the trail as my bike approached him..

Retro on Steroids
    40 years ago my friends and I read in a magazine about these guys in Colorado who rode their town bikes in the Rocky Mountains. We figured they were just like us. So we drove 1000 miles to join them, and it turned out that the magazine article was wrong, their bikes were junk, barely useful even in town.

But we were already there, so we rode anyway.

the discerning hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    40 years ago my friends and I read in a magazine about these guys in Colorado who rode their town bikes in the Rocky Mountains. We figured they were just like us. So we drove 1000 miles to join them, and it turned out that the magazine article was wrong, their bikes were junk, barely useful even in town.

But we were already there, so we rode anyway.
    I saw something like that in a movie once.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

Motion activated
    I rode my MTB down the stairs in my house when the wife was away on a business trip.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Professional Crastinator
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    - I told some inebriated hunters with four-wheelers during deer hunting season they were not going to find deer on "that ridge" they started stumbling up towards. It was apparent this was the only time of year they were in the woods, as I've never seen deer where they were suspecting, and they kindly suggested I should be careful riding my bicycle when folks were out hunting on trails frequented by mountain bikers all the time.

- I once almost T-boned a black bear when I rounded a bend in the trail at high speed.

mtbr member
    Duck flew into my head, took me out. Not as fun as being taken out by a beaver, or so I imagine.

T-boned a cow.

Rode around a corner in town while looking for my friends escaped puppy, Friday night, party time in a college town. Cleared the hedge row on the corner and was completely cleaned off my bike by a big dude on a rope swing. Dislocated my shoulder on rope swing/dude impact, relocated it upon impact with the ground. Found the puppy, talked to girls at the kegger with the puppy in hand. Things improved.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Hahahaha, Those are some amusing stories. Keep em coming.

mtbr member
    I was once held hostage in a marijuana grow house and forced to watch the movie Rudy. This was just one portion of a night that was as epic as you can ever imagine, and the crazy thing is it was real and actually happened.

I plan on eventually turning it into a screenplay, no joke, so can't share it. Coming to a theater near you in 2025

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roughster View Post
    I was once held hostage in a marijuana grow house and forced to watch the movie Rudy. This was just one portion of a night that was as epic as you can ever imagine, and the crazy thing is it was real and actually happened.

I plan on eventually turning it into a screenplay, no joke, so can't share it. Coming to a theater near you in 2025
    If it's even half as good as Rudy I'll go see it. Possibly under the influence of marijuana.

mtbr member
    I once crashed in an xc race. Over the handle bars and landing groin first on pointy stump. I completed the race then checkout the damage. There was a fair amount of blood on the old fella.

Closer inspection revealed a gash in my "meat", the 2 veg however were intact. I went home showered off then decided the gash was too big to just leave unchecked.

So off i go to the emergency room. Inform the nurse i gashed my frank but the beands are still good. So a nurse comes in and inspects the wound. Then docter, then a few more docters and nurses for shits and giggles. What was hugely embarrising is that your diddle is like a scare turtle when it gets wounded. It shoots up inside yourself and hides. Like swimming in super cold water.... I'm sure the doctors and nurses had a good old laugh!

The very polite indian female doctor was trying to tell me in a polite way not to crack a hard on for the next week...... Very funny. Aparently the pork sword has good blood flow so it would fix up fast.

It repaired up well and i was ribbed for extra pleasure for a year or so until the scare faded away.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I posted an opinion about ebikes on MTBR.com.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

29er convert
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
    I posted an opinion about ebikes on MTBR.com.
    That's rediculous

(edit, that would have been much funnier if a mod hadn't changed the thread title. Now I just look like a no spelling redneck)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    ---------
    I once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt

the half breed devil
    me and my buddy tried to lead a critical mass ride in san francisco onto the trails in golden gate park...

the motorcycle cops put a stop to that pretty quickly, though...

mtbr member
    When I was 20 years old, I rode my BMX bike off the roof of my Mom's house 'cause I knew I could stick the landing. I did, too. The first four times. The fifth? Not so much, I can still feel the divot in my shin from the slipped pedal, and I was wearing leathers.

mtbr member
    Back before I'd attained my current mediocre level of skill and fitness, there was a section if trail that I'd never cleaned: about a 1/4 miles of slight uphill with lots of rocks, roots and twists. Typical New England. This time I made it. As I came out to a small clearing at the top, 2 pretty women were sitting on their bikes facing my way. I was so deep into Anaerobia that I gasped "I made it" and keeled over into some brush. I staggered up to see them flash smiles of amusement and ride off.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    1. I used to wheelie everywhere I went, around town at least. I went halfway across town one time, down a hill, without coming down once. Another time I went over backwards going about 30mph and used my tailbone to stop. ;/ I must've skipped along the asphalt at least three times.

2. On top of a 9400' peak, while I was sitting, taking a breather, a mountain goat nonchalantly walked up, grabbed my Hydrapak with its teeth, and flung it off the edge of the peak. When it looked at my bike I decided I'd better scare it away. Fortunately I was able to scramble down to where my pack landed; a few feet away from a sheer face that dropped vertically for at least 1000 feet.

Let's just wheelie!
    Sep 2018
    Rode over a skunk and got sprayed. Cost me a couple of hours of clean-up and a pair of shoes.

Last year during a gravel ride I was bombing down a hill and guys kept warning me to slow down but I couldn't figure out why until the abrupt off camber turn in loose gravel. Managed to powerslide nearly 100 yards past the turn. When the smarter and faster guys caught up they asked how many times I practiced that turn before I made it without crashing. I didn't have the heart to tell them I just got lucky.

I start every ride with a wheelie. Over the years I have crashed leaving for work or leaving work at least a dozen times. Last Thursday I left work on the commuter, wheelied, started to fall over backward and grabbed the rear brake. Friday people were asking me where I learned to do that "Wheelie, skid and recover." My answer "I've mastered failure, I'm working on everything else now."

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    As a kid (5th or 6th grade), a buddy and I would ride to the local skating pond and do power slides across the ice (pedal like hell, drop on to the pond, then "Tokyo drift"). Awesome fun.
    And then I power slid too close to the outflow. And went over the edge. The bike went almost all the way in, my legs only up to my thigh. I "caught" it with my foot.

My buddy helped me get out and get the bike out. A few minutes by the fire to warm up, and then I rode until I was dry again.
    Ahhh, youth.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    A few beers in, I rode my cyclocross bike (candy pedals with flip flops on my feet) through my buddy's living room, out his front door, and down the stairs of his front porch. My feet slipped off the pedals, my nuts hit the top of the still rotating back tire, then got jammed between the tire and frame, as I desperately tried to hang on and pull it off. I finally came to a halt in the grass of his front yard where I collapsed in pain.
    Western Montana

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ^^ouch.

mtbr member
    Okay I'll go.

The Downieville Classic Race somewhere back in the 90's, k can't remember the year.

But then bar-ends were commonplace.

Somewhere I decided to pass a guy on the Third Divide. Hauling ass.

I go to the left, after calling it out, and make enough speed.

But the dude drifts left while looking over his right.

And our bar-ends hook together like S-hooks before my eyes.

Next the trail turns left, but we both soar out over and into the forest.

That was crazy, like in a flying dream.

We lived with minor hurts. That's racing.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

CEO Product Failure
    While on a mtb trip to Sedona, we bought one of our buddies an inflatable, sheep sex toy. He rode with it all day either strapped to his handlebars or tied to his camelback. The comments from hikers and other riders were pure gold. Looking back at the photos always makes me laugh.

**our buddy named the goat "Lucy".

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    Looking back at the photos always makes me laugh.
    Please share!
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I was riding my new long and low bike and wasn't quite used to the steering. On this trail, theres a switchback turn followed by a fairly steep descent on a ledge.

Well, I negotiated the switchback but oversteered to the left as I began the descent. Realizing my steering error, I feared oversteering to the right, which would send me off the ledge (not that far down or steep, but nothing good could happen). The descent was just steep enough that braking to a full stop didn't seem particularly likely.

To my left was a sapling about 2" in diameter. I hugged that tree like nobody's business to stop my descent without going OTB.

Up In Smoke
    I saw some buddies at a trailhead hanging out as I was finishing a ride. I was coming in hot and thought it would be cool to do a big turning skid and spray some dirt/sand on the guys. Not much dirt/sand actually sprayed anything and I ended up skidding into my buddies bike. Karma got me that day, they went off for a ride, I had to call for someone to pick me up since my derailleur hanger got mangled in the incident and I was still a good 5 miles from home.

That was the day I decided to convert to SS.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Started noticing issues with the rear brake. Disc started rubbing a little and it started feeling a little spongy. This went on for better then a week-getting a little worse, but not real bad. At some point, the shifting started acting up a little too. So, I then went on a group ride where we hit some trails with a little more tech to them. Immediately after one particularly nasty downhill, my rear wheel locked up. Looked down to see the wheel askew. The thru axel had come out. Figured it and the dropout was toast. Put the thru axel back in which fixed the brake and shifting issues! I’ve always prided myself in being in tune with my bikes…..

My Dad told me a story of when he was a little kid back in the 30s. He and his mother were at his cousin’s and there was a 28” wheeled bike in the front yard. He took it up to the porch so he could get on it. Took off ok, but couldn’t figure out how to get off without crashing. He kept riding around the block till his mother came out to go home. She ran out and caught him when he went by.

He worked in a bike factory during the war putting tires on bike wheels. With the rubber and steel ration, there was a limited number of bikes they could make. He could go in after school and put all the tires on for that day’s production. With the tires already having tubes it them, he’d put a tire on in 30 seconds. Before he quit, he built up a bike for himself using a “really good” drive train the factory owner had in back that they couldn’t get any more. The owner did the pinstripe himself and put my dad’s name on it. My dad rode that bike everywhere until he went in the navy. He got back from the navy only to find his dad had sold it…

mtbr member
    I drove over my bike in the garage.

Accidentally knocked the stick into gear when I was sprawled out across the front seats and looking for something under the passenger seat. The next morning I started it up and took my foot off the clutch as always thinking it was in neutral. The Jeep lurched forward and crushed the front wheel of my bike. I did get a new wheelset out of it. ;-)
    AreBee

Snow Dog
    when I first got back into riding about 6 years ago, I was at the local abandoned
    BMX track. I was cruising around and this little fox came out from the brush and was following me around. Not chasing to attack, but just loping along with me. If I stopped, he would stop, and always keep a safe, but curious distance from me

Whats your ridiculous story?-westdirt9.jpg

Whats your ridiculous story?-westdirt10.jpg

am pretty sure he was hungry, but I did not feed him, though I really wanted to. I know you are not supposed to. There were 2 of them there that whole summer.

Sorry for the sideways pics...i downloaded them a while back when I didn't know the site very well
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Awwww
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    One time hauling down this canyon trail, I had to immediately bunny-hop over a rattlesnake.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

High Plains Luddite
    Dear Penthouse Forum...

EDR
    On a spring day solo ride in Sedona 4 or 5 years ago I was going slow in a generally uphill direction and came around a blind corner. Just as I did this guy in his 50's I'd guess gets startled by me and just stands straight up like nothing is going on. What he was clearly doing was such a "guy" thing. He was pretending to grab his wife's hips and and do her from behind (unbeknownst to her) as she bent down to take close up shots of flowers. I laughed out loud to myself as soon as I was out of site.
    Boys will be boys, at any age.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Got passed on a gnarly greenbelt trail by a couple of older guys. One I found out later was 71.
    As we rode I exclaimed to my riding buddy how much I respected their commitment to health and fitness and I hoped that through a strict diet and exercise I could age like they had.
    Finally caught up to them on the trail as they were sitting on the side, smoking a joint and drinking beer.
    True story.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    ^Haha, that's great.
    Happiness & fun are #1 in health.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    Dear Penthouse Forum...
    Go on.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    On a spring day solo ride in Sedona 4 or 5 years ago I was going slow in a generally uphill direction and came around a blind corner. Just as I did this guy in his 50's I'd guess gets startled by me and just stands straight up like nothing is going on. What he was clearly doing was such a "guy" thing. He was pretending to grab his wife's hips and and do her from behind (unbeknownst to her) as she bent down to take close up shots of flowers. I laughed out loud to myself as soon as I was out of site.
    Probably not his wife.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    Dear Penthouse Forum...
    I was once downhilling on a secret DH trail that's not so secret anymore (thanks Strava and bike industry). About halfway down, the trail crosses a fire road that you shortly ride down before dropping back in. I had hit the fire road and found two blondes in a Jeep with the top off. One of their 35s was flat with a gash in the sidewall. I pulled the spare and used their jack and lifted up the Jeep, then notice the spare is a couple pounds from flat. I pull out the mini pump and go to work. For an hour and in near 100* heat. And the blonds? They probably weighed a combined 500lbs.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    That was you? Small world.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I was once downhilling on a secret DH trail that's not so secret anymore (thanks Strava and bike industry). About halfway down, the trail crosses a fire road that you shortly ride down before dropping back in. I had hit the fire road and found two blondes in a Jeep with their tops off…
    FIFM (fixed it for me)

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Not too crazy but I still laugh about it...
    Many moons ago, I rode down the 30+ flights of stairs of a condo building in my neighborhood. After exiting the elevator on the top floor, turning, I opened the stairwell door and noticed an old guy watching me. I'll never forget the look on his face as I dropped in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    I ran over a goose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I saw 3x Possums on what particular night ride...

Ran ones tail over & it had a go at my left clip-in shoe o_0

'Born to ride!'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    How did you know about my purple tutu race?
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

Co Springs
    I'm sure of a few to come up through the years but I'll stick with the most recent;

Friday night, two of us riders were mid-way through a local feature - RTP -that navigates the Peaks Peak region and we planned for two overnights to stretch it out. My bivy type tent is pretty small and the other guy has a 1.5 man tent with elbow room. I told my wife I'd describe mine as a Toys R Us kids adventure dept type thing.

Anyways, we'd hiked and scouted some of the areas a few days before the trip and found opportunity to stash some canned bev's in areas we'd camp to make the efforts prizeworthy. Cool nights at 10,000 ft and cold streams provided chilled refreshment and we enjoyed brews the afternoon and evening One of the trip.

On afternoon two, we got the beers at established hideaway and went up the trail farther to set up in softer ground and better tree cover. Rains and hail came and went in the late afternoon and we marveled at the tent designs that kept things comfy and dry as we waited out the storm in our respective enclosures. The second round of beers snapped to life at dinner time with clear skies and as per my norm, I sipped and enjoyed my beer at a turtle-crawl pace.

By mid evening, it was time to hunker down for rest and more threat of thunderheads. I had already mentioned my tent having a handy pocket to hold things and the beer can fit nicely. Rather than gulp it down with urgency to finish, I set it in the pocket with phone and glasses and dozed off to sleep with almost half a beer to finish in the morning if desired. More rains and lightning a few times through the night, then around 2 am, my hand hits a puddle and I'm instantly awake to investigate a leak. You guessed it-

The can is laying sideways and my phone and glasses are a puddle of half-finished beer that is under my sleeping bag and flowing through the nooks and crannies of the pillowed texture air mattress. After all the weather drama and a $45 tent proving itself against forces of nature, there I am wide awake at 2am using a small towel to mop up beer, clean off my glasses and see if my phone even works.
    Most of that 3500 ft decent and ride home was amid chirping alerts every 30 seconds, phone alerting me with the screen warning of a charging port issue with moisture or a foreign object. I finally shut it off and decided to try the defroster on heat to dry it out when back to my car.

Later that day-
    At home telling my wife of the 60 mile adventures and fun smelling like a guy who just awoke in a puddle of beer.

*All preceding stories cracking me up -- Great contributions !
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Good story Bachman. Well told and I felt I was living it myself. I’ll have to catch up on some of the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Good story Bachman. Well told and I felt I was living it myself. I’ll have to catch up on some of the others.
    TY DJ

Jeez, I thought I'd read them all but I see I missed some here toward the end. Need to catch up too. Those mechanical builds, adjustments or parts and fixes gone wrong early on the thread had me in tears!

Nice topic O.P
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman: