What are your favorite bike shops and other bike-related destinations?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

What are your favorite bike shops and other bike-related destinations?

I'm going to be doing some travelling this summer and besides hitting some epic trails, I'd like to visit some other bike-related places, specifically good bike shops and also some small frame builders.

Got any suggestions? Some of the places on my list are OTE Sports in Fruita, Soulcraft Bikes in California, Yeti Cycles in Colorado, etc etc.

Got any other places you'd personally recommend as being worthy of a visit? I'll be in Colorado, California, Utah, Idaho, and a few other states out West.

Glad to Be Alive
    bunny ranch in Nevada
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

asleep by 10:00pm
    Jun 2004

chile pepper...

Quote Originally Posted by GotMojo?
    I'm going to be doing some travelling this summer and besides hitting some epic trails, I'd like to visit some other bike-related places, specifically good bike shops and also some small frame builders.

Got any suggestions? Some of the places on my list are OTE Sports in Fruita, Soulcraft Bikes in California, Yeti Cycles in Colorado, etc etc.

Got any other places you'd personally recommend as being worthy of a visit? I'll be in Colorado, California, Utah, Idaho, and a few other states out West.

visit chile pepper bike shop in moab if you are going through there. a top notch bike shop in any local in my opinion, but also happens to be about the only shop in moab where the staff will actually treat you like a real human being when you walk in the door. plus, sean makes the best, and i mean the best cup of coffee in town and probably the entire state of utah, or quite possibly the best i have ever had outside of the city of seattle.
    oh yeah, and visit over the edge in fruita too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMojo?
    I'm going to be doing some travelling this summer and besides hitting some epic trails, I'd like to visit some other bike-related places, specifically good bike shops and also some small frame builders.... I'll be in Colorado, California, Utah, Idaho, and a few other states out West.
    When will you be in SoCal? Coming to San Diego area?

KgB
    SNGLSPD

Absolute bikes

In Salida, CO
    epic riding,cool shop(museum)and coffe shop.
    One of my favorites shops and I like the town itself.
    I've been inside too long.

TJ.
    MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer

Salida, CO

Quote Originally Posted by KgB
    In Salida, CO
    epic riding,cool shop(museum)and coffe shop.
    One of my favorites shops and I like the town itself.
    I like the Patio Pancake resturant there. Best breakfast in that area. They are a decent shop. I like the museum too. There is so much riding in Salida. Likely the sleeper town of the rockies.

TJ
    All my friends, and associates call me Uncle Rico.

www.fatboy.s5.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    MTB hall of fame/museum in crested butte. Pretty cool history lesson on just how far the sport has come.

mtbr member

New Belgium Brewery...

Here in Fort Collins, CO. You can drink a Fat Tire Ale as fresh as they come, after hitting some of our local trails.

Sure, it's only marginally "bike related," but that's just a minor detail.

On the bike-side of things, the company does give away fat tire cruiser bikes like candy to their employees, so the brewery always looks pretty cool with 20-30 fat tire bikes chained up out front.

Members who have read this thread: 0