Vermont DH- Mtbr.com

Thread: Vermont DH

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Vermont DH

Hey guys, just wanted to share the experience I had going to 2 different Downhill bike parks in Vermont. First one was burke mountain. Wow it was absolutely awesome. It was lift operated so I saved my legs, me and my dad both. Sadly there were only 5 trails available from the top of the lift. The two best trails were jester and knightslayer. I especially liked knightslayer. It was fast flowy and with a ton of jumps. Tabletops step ups step downs rollers and huge berms. Great free ride trail could ride that all day. Jester was a bit less extreme, not as step tables better trail to start on, sadly half was shut down so half way down you had to go down enchanted forest which was ok, kinda rocky with some roots, can get some speed though. Other trails were just singletracks throughout the woods with a lot of roots. Second place was Killington. Really had to have real DH bike with at least 6 inches of travel for there. Lots of trails, lots of rock gardens even on the blue runs. Best side of the mountain was probably the more difficult with all blacks nothing else. Definantly not for beginners ,new to biking, lots of rocks and bumps, not to to groomed but still fun if you have the right bike, I rented a kona, not sure what model but was some type of suprme operator, had boxxers on the front and some rockshox on the back, dpwas amazing on the trails really plush. My favorite trail was trail 18. Good size rock gardens some drops and flawy berms.
    Overall my favorite place was burke, and defiantly knight slayer. Although if your a more hardcore dowhiller I would recommend killington. One last question for all who have been to burke and been on knightslayer, I just wanted to ask if there were any trails or places like it? Whistler maybe? Or winter park co?

mtbr member
    Never ridden Knightslayer, but I've skiied it Love the rest of burke as well, good to hear the DH stuff is up to par.

Have you watched Mikesee's Parkin' video yet?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=727426

How about Highland bike park in NH?

http://highlandmountain.com/