mtbr member

"Ultimate Bike Build"

I wanted to share a big thank you and share a quick story I thoughtsome might get a kick out of about how one Blur LT2 is "changing the world"....
    Santa Cruz donated a bike frame to be auctioned off back at the end of 2008 to help support the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship at Downieville.
    MTBR Post
    I won the ebay auction, bought the rest of the stuff at my LBS and have thoroughly enjoyed the bike. I also enjoyed the thought that I was supporting something that many others would benefit from. This LT2 has been a fantastic all around bike, chewing up anything I could throw at it and coming back for more. However, Iately I've had a taste for an even lighter, faster ride so I found a great deal a 2010 Blur XCc and absolutely love the 23.lbs razor rocket that it is. So I figure I'm gonna do like most people and sell the LT2 and recoup some $$ to feed my mtb fever, but then a thought hit me, this bike helped build a trail system for people to ride and enjoy, what else can this bike build? You see, I've had an interest in supporting a project to bring clean drinking water to the some of the nearly 1 Billion people that don't have it, but honestly the thought was pretty overwhelming. Average cost of a water well is $5K, but hey, this bike has still got to be worth some decent coin so I put it on the local Craigslist and within a few days a Firefighter from a few hours down the road comes with his buddy to pick it up, but not before I give them a tour of our local trail. He loved the bike, so soon I'll be making a sizable donation (100% of the sales price plus some) to really jump start this water project.
    Check it out at http://mycharitywater.org/believe and see what these people are doing to put a dent in the global water crisis and how you can help.

Anyway, it's a great feeling when you finish a great bike build, I expect it will be just as good or better to witness what this bike builds next.

All Glory to Him.
    2010 SC Blur XCc

Space Ghost
    Way to pay it forward. Well done.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

Members who have read this thread: 0