This time good Rain- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

This time good Rain

Rain .
    Think itís the first time I liked the rain and it made a ride for me.
    We had rain 3 days ago and it helped melting the last inches of snow on our trails .Still we have plenty of snow but at last after two months we can ride .Its muddy a situation I hate it but cant wait any longer . After 7 weeks of staying home or riding urban .While I was in the final exams and having a unit unpassed .Dynamic mechanics made me a struggling winter and more love to ridding .

Tomorrow ill have my first downhill ride after snow season. It must have a cool taste .Whooa cant sleep tonight .

By the way I have a technical question although . In some photos I see some gravity riders riding in muddy terrain put a foil Ď cloth or something between their forks crowns .I wondered whatís that? Then my wonder told me it prevents splashing mud and throwing particles from the front tire in the air in front of the rider .Where they would hit the riders face and body as going on high speeds .

Was my wonder right?
    A rider/online bike shop owner/Mechanic From Iran

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SABER_MTB
    By the way I have a technical question although . In some photos I see some gravity riders riding in muddy terrain put a foil Ď cloth or something between their forks crowns .I wondered whatís that? Then my wonder told me it prevents splashing mud and throwing particles from the front tire in the air in front of the rider .Where they would hit the riders face and body as going on high speeds .

Was my wonder right?
    Yep its a poor mans fender if you will and I think it is just an old inner tube split and then zip tied.

Rich S.

No Fear
    Oof .i like it more than a fender .You know fenders make my bike look like motorcycles and i hate that.

By the way it didnít happen. i mean the ride .It was raining for the whole day .heavily .
    Well at least all the snow have gone now the only thing we need is a couple of sunny days to dry the surface.

No Fear
    I had it today . Still 31 days left do the spring in calendar but it seems like winter has ended here . Bright sunshine ‘ temperatures rise to 12 ‘ C .
    Again it was a solo ride .Its mid week and most riders are at work . I have 4 pals to ride during the week. One had a cold ‘ one was at university ‘ one had broken his boxxer and hadn’t got a fork yet .The last one was home and ready for the ride but he’s a racer and his habit is to panic on running faster ‘ taking a shorter time to cover the course and …….. .i didn’t want to ruin my first spring ride like that .I needed fun ‘ silence ‘smooth ridding .
    Got out of home to have proper ride after 51 days .Sh** the traffic has got really dense these days .Petrol is very cheap here and nearly every one has a car or two . So what happens Idiots who just sit behind their steering wheel for every thing ( for shopping ‘ going to work ‘ seeking chicks or just wandering about ) would make me to f*** them on the face on the whole 8 KM way I have to our trails. Although we have metro ‘a very well distributed bus network ‘BRT’s and over 300/000 taxis running on and under the city no one could prevent the public from using personal vehicles till petrol is 10 Cent per liter here . The government has rationed subsidized fuel from last year but the ration is too high 100 liters monthly for personal cars and 600 liters for taxis and pickups .Those vehicles who have a CNG or LPG fuel kit .( those who can use compressed natural gas and liquid pressurized gas besides petrol too. ) for those the ration is half.

No matter .The weather was just cool wow . The sun was shinning ‘blue sky with scattered powder like clouds drifting away by the breeze . Oh I wish I had brought my camera .the northern ridges were clearly visible as the wind swifted all the pollution away today . White walls of mountains standing behind each other .And on the NW . the big dome of MT Damavand rose above all . Its perfect cone was standing neatly a couple of thousand meters higher than its neighbors . It’s a dead volcano but sulfuric gases can be seen wandering around its 5671 meter peak .

The soil was still damp with snow in some shaded parts making mud underneath it . The vegetation needs some 20 more sunny days to green up the slopes. While pushing my rig up the trail I rode some technical parts to waken my skills and for warming up on the trail. On the top I sat for half an hour and enjoyed the sights in silence .

Whoo its 51 days I havnt rode and here I am a perfect course to bomb. The damp soil made more traction also more stick than usual . Muddy parts weren’t more that 20 percent of the trail .and the mud wasnt that wet so it was cool to have some on the bike clothes and on my face.
    When I got down I used two other AM trails to reach the city instead of the parks asphalt . Hmm the rigs needs some overlooking . I didn’t touch it during winter . The right leg on my 66RC2X leaves oil rings on the stanchion . And the front lever needs bleeding besides some drive train cleaning.

I had so much fun today. My passion rose from its hibernation .It really pumps adrenalin with an unforgettable taste to ride after 50+ days .

Hello spring .cheers.
    Oh I forgot to thanks god for the rain he sent to melt the snow.

Members who have read this thread: 0