a tick made me endo- Mtbr.com
    the bomb

a tick made me endo

Thought I'd give this new forum a try. Went for a ride yesterday at alum rock park in San Jose. I spent a little time at a picnic bench under a tree at the top of the single track loop. I believe that's when a couple of ticks jumped on for a ride.

One bit me on the left side of my neck on the way down the single track. I did a great job of coming to a complete stop before jumping around and slapping at my neck (found him). From that point on I was tickanoid, and kept thinking I felt one on me.

Later, on a paved path section, I was making my way out of the park. Moving along at a decent pace, I felt one bite me again, this time on the right side of my neck. So I'm standing up and start to slow down, but before I do reach up with my right hand to grab the tick and grab a handful of front break with the other. Before I know it I'm flying over the handle bars. Luckily I managed to not hurt myself and jumped up slapping at my neck and yell "F*&#$(ing ticks!" Must have been a site to see!

Last edited by pfunk; 01-12-2004 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling correction: thanks zonic man! nice fro
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

ali'i hua
    sorry to laugh, but it is funny- and IVe been in the exact same situation.

thank goodness the ticks arent out in full force....yet.

Jed Peters
    No "k's" in picnic.

Nice pics, though.

Derailleurless

Ticks Suck!

My sis suffered a nice OTB excursion while swatting at a bee. I'd have happily taken a dozen bee stings over the road rash she suffered.