Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?

Just got back from another great trip to USA

Rather than just post up exactly where i rode I'm going to post some Pictures and let others say where they think i was riding - then i will add more detail and more pics

On my first day after flying in and unpacking my bike i got out a for a nice 18 mile night ride, pretty obvious which city i'm at but which trail has these views ?

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day1-1.jpg
    My out of date MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

CEO Product Failure
    Vegas?

mtbr member
    Yes it was Las Vegas i rode the Desert Hills Loop

https://www.trailforks.com/route/desert-hills-loop/

It was pretty windy and cool - but a great night ride to do after 10 hours on a plane

Heres some Pics from my ride the following day

I had 4 seasons worth of weather on this ride it was sunny, then it rained, drizzled, hailed and even snowed while i was out -but never too much to make the ride unpleasant

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day2-2.jpg
    Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180315_155728.jpg

Any guess's as to which trail system this was ?

mtbr member
    Blue Diamond

mtbr member
    I never actually dropped into blue diamond , and stayed on the cottonwood trail system

But thats close enough

I rode just over 30 miles of trail , i started from Late Night Parking lot and headed south up badger path trail, then cut back on whit rhino and under the freeway onto Latenight trail, then i took a trail new to me Stone Henge which was nice and rocky with vegetation much closer to the singletrack than other trails and ended up by the water trough, then on continued north to black velvet , and then rode along landmine east before heading north towards blue diamond , where i took the hurl alt up to the top of the hurl - although this route still requires hike a bike i think its more fun that the lower hurl trail, as usually i meet people heading what i consider the wrong way up the trail, the Hurl is way more fun heading down south east, a nice fast descent with some big rocks as opposed to a a descent down a trail covered in kitty litter, at the bottom i headed west and then up lawn mower and then down rusty bucket, and then headed up more curves and then up daves drive way before heading down land mine and cutting back down more curves and then up the higher lawnmower trail and then down lawn mower climb , along lawn mower run and then down ducky before heading back up to the latenight car park, from there i refueled and then headed over to mustang before cutting back east via an unnamed trail and back up beginner loop to SUV

Really great trails at CottonWood

The Next day after a fairly long drive I did two rides one in the afternoon and one night ride

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-3-1.jpg

Which area and trail is the above pic from ?

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-3-2.jpg

A bit harder as its dark - but which trail was the above picture taken on ?

mtbr member
    That's Mescal in Sedona
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Be careful. Those bikes are notorious for getting axed by girl friends.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    That's Mescal in Sedona
    Yes the first pic is Mescal ,Ride conditions were the best i've had in sedona not too cold and not too hot, I started the ride near the vulteree arch carpark, i rode chuckwagon (which had a lot of walkers on it until i got past the arch turning), the trail conditions were great after the recent rain, hero dirt 8-), at the end of chuck wagon i headed up mescal, then up the road to the doe mtn car park then up and back down down arie to the carpark (This has much more flow than riding it the other way), then back up the road to , cockscombe to az cypres up the gradual climb of Anaconda then onto Girdner for a total of 18.5 miles

I then packed up and headed for Famous Pizza and had a couple of tasty slices before driving over to the village of Oak Creek

The 2nd picture was taken at the top of HiLine

I parked up lower down in the village and then rode up to slim shady, and then up highline (by now it was dark), the trail felt a lot narrower in the dark. Then down baldwin along templeton to bell rock pathway to big park for a total distance of 13 miles

I then headed up to flagstaff where i was staying as all the accommodation in Sedona was way to expensive

Here are pics from my ride the following day - which trails are these- my legs were getting tired now so the mini tripod was called into action more to give me some breaks from riding

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-4-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-4-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Eazy Breezy Drop-In and Little Horse. Nice pics!

Bikesexual
    Nice shots! Little Horse and Hi-Line kicked my ass!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I like this game. Got any more photos?

Great shots by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Eazy Breezy Drop-In and Little Horse. Nice pics!
    Yes indeed that is where i took the pictures Rockman wins the prize for most accurate spot of where pictures were taken - a guided tour of some of UK trails i know, if he ever makes it out here 8-)

I had another great day out in Sedona its amazing how much better riding is in sedona if its not baking hot

I parked at mystic th on the side of the road and then rode up to chapel of holy cross and then along chapel trail then down little horse (Rides really well in tis direction), and along templeton (It made a nice change to ride it this way - i usually ride it the other way in the dark then back along easy breezy, up hermit, Yavapai and down slim shady (Again this trail is much more fun heading towards oak creek) the great thing about this route is half way along i was able to stop and have some pizza slices at famous pizza, I then headed up bell rock path, then up llama trail to little horse up to chicken point , high on the hog, hog heaven, down pig tail which was a hoot with the jumps, up peccary, and back down pig tail again as it was fun , then back along mystic for a ride totaling 22 miles

Here's a couple more pictures from the 2nd part of the ride - Anyone want to comment on which trails they are taken on ?

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_4360.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_4371.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I like this game. Got any more photos?

Great shots by the way.
    yep i've got pictures from another 11 days from my trip which consisted of 15 days of non stop riding , i'll post more as the trails are named 8-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinger-uk View Post
    Yes indeed that is where i took the pictures Rockman wins the prize for most accurate spot of where pictures were taken - a guided tour of some of UK trails i know, if he ever makes it out here 8-)

I had another great day out in Sedona its amazing how much better riding is in sedona if its not baking hot

I parked at mystic th on the side of the road and then rode up to chapel of holy cross and then along chapel trail then down little horse (Rides really well in tis direction), and along templeton (It made a nice change to ride it this way - i usually ride it the other way in the dark then back along easy breezy, up hermit, Yavapai and down slim shady (Again this trail is much more fun heading towards oak creek) the great thing about this route is half way along i was able to stop and have some pizza slices at famous pizza, I then headed up bell rock path, then up llama trail to little horse up to chicken point , high on the hog, hog heaven, down pig tail which was a hoot with the jumps, up peccary, and back down pig tail again as it was fun , then back along mystic for a ride totaling 22 miles

Here's a couple more pictures from the 2nd part of the ride - Anyone want to comment on which trails they are taken on ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4360.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	1191273

Name:	IMG_4371.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	1191274
    1st one is Broken Arrow between Chicken Point and the start of High on the Hog. 2nd is Hog Heaven.

I'll have to take you up on that offer one of these days. Or, meet in the Alps.

mtbr member
    1st one is Broken Arrow between Chicken Point and the start of High on the Hog. 2nd is Hog Heaven.
    Yep thats the trails, as a lot of snow was forecast for flagstaff in the evening i didnt do another ride in Sedona and headed back up to Flagstaff, In the Morning i was woken up by the sound of snowplows clearing the roads around the hotel i was at , there was a good few inchs of snow on the ground. So I decided to head further south for my next ride as it was a Sunday I didn't fancy going somewhere like browns ranch which would a zoo, so instead opted to a ride just outside of Phoenix - here's a couple of pics from the ride

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-5-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-5-2.jpg

The riding conditions were a lot better than the last time i did this trail when i ended up with heatstroke and had to lie down in the river to recover Which trail is this ?

mtbr member
    I already know the answer because you posted in the AZ forum so won't reply.

Could use some snow in Flag though. Trails are already getting dusty. It's going to be a mean fire season in the southwest.

mtbr member
    Yep thats the trails, as a lot of snow was forecast for flagstaff in the evening i didnt do another ride in Sedona and headed back up to Flagstaff, In the Morning i was woken up by the sound of snowplows clearing the roads around the hotel i was at , there was a good few inchs of snow on the ground. So I decided to head further south for my next ride as it was a Sunday I didn't fancy going somewhere like browns ranch which would a zoo, so instead opted to a ride just outside of Phoenix - here's a couple of pics from the ride

Name:	day 5- 1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	1191290

Name:	day 5 - 2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	1191291

The riding conditions were a lot better than the last time i did this trail when i ended up with heatstroke and had to lie down in the river to recover Which trail is this ?
    Only guessing with the water crossing....BCT?
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    yep i've got pictures from another 11 days from my trip which consisted of 15 days of non stop riding , i'll post more as the trails are named 8-)
    15 days straight eh? Good for you. I've ridden 6 straight but 3-4 is usually my limit and my arse would prefer a break.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    15 days straight eh? Good for you. I've ridden 6 straight but 3-4 is usually my limit and my arse would prefer a break.
    x2 since the slayer of singletrack usually does a night ride after fueling up with a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

mtbr member
    Yep my arse was hurting bad by the time i was riding the BCT, but after a few more days the pain had dulled. It was worse this year for me as i had not ridden my bronson at all this year due to the bad weather in england and had been riding my old ellsworth with a different saddle

mtbr member
    Only guessing with the water crossing....BCT?
    Yes it was the BCT trail I started at the rock springs trail head and headed out on the skyline segment, the river crossing was easy with a load of logs to step over
    Then on to BCT cheap shot, at the end of this segment i headed along williams mesa to create a loop coming back on BCT little pan, the trail deviated from my gpx here as a big chunk of river bank had collapsed on the river crossing , at this point in my ride i found i was running low on water, so when i got to where the trail connected to jeep roads i cheated a bit and cut out a section of cheap shot (And a steep hill climb), before getting back on BCT and heading back along cheapshot and finally back on skyline

To be honest I was bit disappointed with this ride - it was just one long slog, ok it was nice to be deep into the desert scenery with the large cactus - but the trail it self was dull and too groomed, the climbs were sustained and many - a good route if you wanted to keep fit - but not if you are looking for thrills. I rode 25 miles in totral on this ride with ascent of 3189ft and descent of 3202ft

At the end of the ride i headed back up to flagstaff and then the following day drove for over 5 hours to my next ride and met up with beanman, heres some pics - which trail did i ride this time ?

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-6-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-6-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks like Capt. Ahab. Although Beanman is going the wrong way in the 2nd pic so could be Hymasa? Unless the pic was staged.

mtbr member
    Looks like Capt. Ahab. Although Beanman is going the wrong way in the 2nd pic so could be Hymasa? Unless the pic was staged.
    First two pics are from us heading up Hymasa at the top we then headed up Ahab, which has a fair bit of climbing initially with some down bits

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180319_175523551.jpg

As we started to lose light fairly rapidly no more pictures were taken as we completed the rest of the ride - which was great fun

The next day beanmans wife kindly gave us a lift up to our next ride which would be a point to point

Heres some pics from the ride can any one name the sections of trail the pics below were taken on (Other than Rockman ?)

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-7-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-7-2.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-7-3.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-7-4.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180320_171115568_hdr.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180320_175936746.jpg

mtbr member
    Not sure about the exact location of the first picture, but looks like somewhere on Mag 7, then Blue Dot/Gold Bar Rim, and Portal.
    No dig no whine

mtbr member
    I like this game. Nice pics Zinger!

mtbr member
    I can name those spots...I can even tell you that the one with Zinger holding the bike over his head was not taken with a tripod.

Honestly, I donít know how he does it, riding four days with Zinger wore me out.

mtbr member
    I just retired, I can go anyway I want now...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMan View Post
    I just retired, I can go anyway I want now...
    Good for you. Congrats!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    Not sure about the exact location of the first picture, but looks like somewhere on Mag 7, then Blue Dot/Gold Bar Rim, and Portal.
    Yes - this was a great long day out

It was chilly at the start and snow was still on the ground in shady spots, but the trail it self was in dry enough to ride

We went down some trails new to me this time , down mustang west, whirlwind west, then along 7up to hidalgo and then up wildcat then up 7up to bull run, we followed bull run to great escape, along little canyon and then made our way up to blue/dot / goldbar

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-bd.jpg

then along blue dot to to the portal trail. We managed to finish the ride in daylight and rode around 28 miles with 2425 ft climb and 4439ft descent.
    The ride was pretty hard with the extra stuff at the start of the ride, best conditions id ridden it in though - as it never got hot during the ride.

That ride was enough for today so we went and had a real meal at bluepig

The next day Beanman's wife shuttled us up to our next point to point ride, there was a bit more snow up there than i'd been expecting 8-), and we were breaking powder , as no one else had started here since the snow had come down

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-20180321_114059.jpg

Name that trail , i'll post more pics soon

mtbr member
    Yes - this was a great long day out

It was chilly at the start and snow was still on the ground in shady spots, but the trail it self was in dry enough to ride

We went down some trails new to me this time , down mustang west, whirlwind west, then along 7up to hidalgo and then up wildcat then up 7up to bull run, we followed bull run to great escape, along little canyon and then made our way up to blue/dot / goldbar

Name:	bd.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	1191512

then along blue dot to to the portal trail. We managed to finish the ride in daylight and rode around 28 miles with 2425 ft climb and 4439ft descent.
    The ride was pretty hard with the extra stuff at the start of the ride, best conditions id ridden it in though - as it never got hot during the ride.

That ride was enough for today so we went and had a real meal at bluepig

The next day Beanman's wife shuttled us up to our next point to point ride, there was a bit more snow up there than i'd been expecting 8-), and we were breaking powder , as no one else had started here since the snow had come down

Name:	20180321_114059.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	1191513

Name that trail , i'll post more pics soon
    Kokopeli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Kokopeli
    Yep it is indeed kokpelli we were able to ride some of the downhill parts until we hit drifts of around 3 feet, and riding up the hills was impossible in the snow

And i ended up with a very bruised right leg from my pedal whacking the back of my leg as we pushed our bikes in the snow

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-8-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-8-2.jpg

The snow cover was getting less as we got to upper UPS singletrack, but now we had to contend with carrying our bikes to avoid leaving tracks in exposed mud

Eventually the trail got more rocky and we were able to ride until we got to ups alt instead of taking the first turning of notch we continued along and then negotiated the accumulation of snow at the notch and the path heading back to the ups trail.

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-8-3.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-8-4.jpg

After we had got past that steep section of slick rock the snow started to recede and by the time we got to double track it was all gone

The porc double track was quite fast as the recent moisture had made the sand a lot firmer than normal. The lower porcupine singletrack was a lot of fun and we didn't stop that much to take pictures

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180321_162223567.jpg

It had been a great day out around 18.5 miles with 524ft of climbing and 4992 ft of descent

After buying and eating some food at the city market we set out for a night ride

Name the trail we rode !!!

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_4451.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_4447.jpg

mtbr member
    Yep it is indeed kokpelli we were able to ride some of the downhill parts until we hit drifts of around 3 feet, and riding up the hills was impossible in the snow

And i ended up with a very bruised right leg from my pedal whacking the back of my leg as we pushed our bikes in the snow

Name:	day 8 -1.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	1191540

Name:	day 8  -2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	1191542

The snow cover was getting less as we got to upper UPS singletrack, but now we had to contend with carrying our bikes to avoid leaving tracks in exposed mud

Eventually the trail got more rocky and we were able to ride until we got to ups alt instead of taking the first turning of notch we continued along and then negotiated the accumulation of snow at the notch and the path heading back to the ups trail.

Name:	day 8 - 3.jpg 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	1191543

Name:	day 8 - 4.jpg 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	1191544

After we had got past that steep section of slick rock the snow started to recede and by the time we got to double track it was all gone

The porc double track was quite fast as the recent moisture had made the sand a lot firmer than normal. The lower porcupine singletrack was a lot of fun and we didn't stop that much to take pictures

Name:	IMG_20180321_162223567.jpg 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	1191545

It had been a great day out around 18.5 miles with 524ft of climbing and 4992 ft of descent

After buying and eating some food at the city market we set out for a night ride

Name the trail we rode !!!

Name:	IMG_4451.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	1191546

Name:	IMG_4447.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	1191547
    Ok that oneís easy..... and the perfect night ride.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Ok that oneís easy..... and the perfect night ride.

Yes night riding really is the only way for this trail - But you didnt name it !! - no more pics until trail is named..

mtbr member
    Yes night riding really is the only way for this trail - But you didnt name it !! - no more pics until trail is named..
    Slickrock Trail

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Slickrock Trail

Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Slickrock Trail

Yes i've not ridden the slickrock trail in daylight for years now

Beanman commented as we rode it that it was like a zoo now during the day with so many mtb's , motor bikes, jeeps and zipliners during the day

We rode all of slick rock going left at the junction.

The next day we rode a trail i'd not done before

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-9-1.jpg

The trail contoured along under the moab rim

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-9-2.jpg

It was quite windy and cool, and weather forecast had rain in it, but we got lucky and had no rain

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-9-3.jpg

although the profile for the ride looked mostly down, its quite a hard aerobic work out as the trail goes up and down quite a bit. Plus it was fairly techy in places

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-9-4.jpg

It gets quite narrow in places with drops off to your right, at the end of the ride which was only 5.8 miles but felt like more Bean man headed home as he had family stuff to do, I grabbed some soup from city market and then headed out for my second ride , before that though which trail was this one ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Pipeline

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Pipeline
    Hi , pipeline is the lower trail usually used for setting this ride up as loop, the trail we rode was PipeDream.

Here's some pictures i took on my second ride of the day - I chose this ride as it had got pretty windy, and this trail is fairly sheltered from the
    wind

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-9-7.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-9-8jpg.jpg

The trail was Captain Ahab again, trails so good riding it twice in a trip aint a problem.

I woke up to these conditions in Moab

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180323_084400840_hdr.jpg
    After packing up all my gear the following day i Headed out for another ride in the Moab area, which i thought would be after heavy rain

Name that trail (or trail segments - as the loop i rode was made up of multiple trail segments)

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-10-1.jpg

It looked like Moab was being dumped on while i was out riding

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180323_133003812_hdr.jpg

To the west of me there was a massive black cloud - but i got lucky and only had a few spots of rain on the ride, the rain from earlier on had left puddles ion slick rock, but had firmed up any sandy spots

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-10-2.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180323_173400826_hdr.jpg

i rode around 21 mile on this ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-10-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    PipeDream is really cool for a short close to town ride in Moab. It lacks the sense of isolation that many Moab trails have but for a afternoon ride I highly recomend it. Flow, Tech, Climbs. It has it all in a small package.
    Last edited by BeanMan; 04-16-2018 at 09:42 AM.

mtbr member

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?

Name that trail (or trail segments - as the loop i rode was made up of multiple trail segments)

Name:	day 10 -2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	1191826

Name:	IMG_20180323_173400826_HDR.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1191832

i rode around 21 mile on this ride
    Well If no one else is going to play, Iíll venture a guess. Thatís Monitor and Merrimack in the background so Iím guessing Navajo Rocks and Horsethief trails area.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Well If no one else is going to play, Iíll venture a guess. Thatís Monitor and Merrimack in the background so Iím guessing Navajo Rocks and Horsethief trails area.

Yes it was Navajo Rocks I started at the lower car park, and then headed off up rocky tops, then i cut across middle earth to Big Mesa and headed upto big lonely and then down coney island and gut back over via middle earth to ride back to suv via Ramblin

When i do ride next i will start at the lower and ride rocky tops then cut over to road and ride up the 313 to then come down big lonely and big mesa - as it didnt ride as well going the other way, coney island is a bit mehhh as there as lot of double track- but definitely better coming from big lonely direction.

On the drive back down to the 191 i spotted some nice rock art by the side of the road

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-10-4.jpg

I then drove over to the Dino flow trails and parked at the northern most parking and headed south along dino flow before heading up baby steps to ekg which i rode along to little salty which i headed up to get onto babysteps 4x4 trail which i headed along to Alaska which was great fun as a night ride around the big rocks and then down homer back to my suv

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-10-3.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180323_193218851_hdr.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180323_195700705_hdr.jpg

Really fun trails in this area.

The Next Day I met up with Beanman in Fruita, our choice of places to ride was limited as it had rained a lot the day before

Here some pics from our ride - Name that trail !!

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day11-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day11-2.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180324_124841953_hdr.jpg

mtbr member
    A UTV had illegally driven a portion of this trail just before us, What a dirtbag, he left lots of ruts.
    Last edited by BeanMan; 04-16-2018 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMan View Post
    A UTV had illegally driven a portion of this trail just before us, What a dirtbag, he left lots of ruts.
    That must give some clue as to which trail we rode - no one out there recognize the trail we were riding ?, i've still got pics from another part of utah to post it anyone gets this location.

mtbr member
    Western rim
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke View Post
    Western rim
    Yes it was western rim, the recent rain had firmed up the sand, so we had a good ride. There were a couple of sticky spots but on the whole everything was ride-able, which wouldn't have been the case at 18 road or koko, the western rim trail is pretty easy but has some nice views, the best part is here

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-img_20180324_142902731_hdr.jpg

The picture doesn't really capture how much fun this fast section of trail is.

If I had a choice i would have ridden at 18rd or koko over this trail, but the rain meant this was the most ride-able option.

The next day I Headed west to next riding location, I arrived mid afternoon and met up with a mate and we got out and rode some fun trails

Name the trails below

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-12-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-12-2.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day2-3.jpg

mtbr member
    just cleaning up the HD prior to a trip to Colorado this September and noticed no one replied to the thread for above pics - which were taken on the jem and gould rim trails near hurricane utah

here are the pics from the last few days of this trip, the next day i drove over to Wire Mesa

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day13-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day13-1b.jpg

At one point i spotted a off piste section of trail heading up west which i took - it wass a fun tight bit of singletrack , but while going up a steep section of trail a rock flipped up into my rear mech and nearly ripped it off

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day13-2.jpg

After a push back to the suv, i fitted my spare mech and then carried on with the ride not taking the off piste trail.

After this ride I headed over to Little Creek Mesa and rode the West Loop

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day13-4.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day13-3.jpg

The next day I headed over to Gooseberry Mesa

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-14-1.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-14-2.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-14-3.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-14-4.jpg

I rode most of the trails on goosebury apart from secret trail before meeting up with a buddy from St George at santa clara where we rode the rim runner loop.

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-14-5.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-14-6.jpg

On my last day of the trip me and my buddy headed up to the 3 peaks trails near cedar city

We rode Twilight zone over to the whale trails , where had a play around on the different whale trails

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-15-1.jpg

the 4 loco and onto the 3 peaks loop

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-15-2.jpg

and did the 3 peask technical trail before heading round big hole, then lost world, and outlaw

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-15-3.jpg

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-15-4.jpg

After riding the 3 peaks trails we headed over to Lichen it trail which we rode up as fair as we could until the trail started to get moist

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-15-5.jpg

Then we turned around and headed down the fun Lava flow trail

Spring Road Trip Pictures - Where was I ?-day-15-6.jpg

This trail was a great finish to the trip, the next day i flew home fro Las Vegas

I'm now looking forward to 3 weeks of riding in Colorado, we are flying into Denver airport in the first week of September for hopefully 3 weeks of non stop high altitude riding