Thread: Seat post

mtbr member

Seat post

I was hoping to get some feed back on the Crank Brothers Joplin seat post or a silmilar product. Is it worth the extra dough? I would be installing it on a 5point5. What about the bar remote or lever activation? I checked the reviews but there was not enough info to persaude me one way or the other. Thanks

mtbr member
    I have a Maverick (they sold the design to CB) withOUT the bar lever. I like it pretty well except for having to take my hand off the bars to adjust.

I ordered a Joplin for my new bike, but I thought the remote lever mechanism was cheesy, so I dumped it. With a different lever I think it would be ideal. I'm keeping my current post for the new rig.

I did have an issue right after I bought the Mav where the seat would spin on top (thought I had a loose post grip at first, but it was the Mav). LBS sent it back to Maverick for repair and it's been great ever since.

I LOVE the ability to drop/raise the seat without stopping. Minor weight penalty relative to a regular post, but not a huge issue, as I'm bucking 240# currently.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I have the GD Turbo and love it... a buddy has the Joplin and loves it. The remote lever on both works great - highly recommend it for keeping your hands on the bars and lowering the seat easily.

Old man on a bike
    I've seen lots of problems with Maverick posts, hopefully CB will do a better job; I'll stick with the mechanical innards of the Gravity Dropper. Did you see this thread http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=joplin. Personally without a bar lever I don't see the point of using a multiposition post. I've used a Gravity Dropper for a few years and love it, but do like the 360 degrees of movement and soft touch the Maverick/CB handlebar lever has (whereas the gravity dropper's is linear and takes more pressure to use).
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input.

Members who have read this thread: 0