riding at Mt. Creek NJ or Blue Mt PA.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

riding at Mt. Creek NJ or Blue Mt PA.

I am interested in maybe going to both these mtns. I only have a had tail bike. Do they have easy middle level trails where they are not so gonzo? Is it better to rent a bike from them? Or is it all downhill crazy stuff where you need to either own or rent a freeride bike?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic300
    I am interested in maybe going to both these mtns. I only have a had tail bike. Do they have easy middle level trails where they are not so gonzo? Is it better to rent a bike from them? Or is it all downhill crazy stuff where you need to either own or rent a freeride bike?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you can ride at Blue Mountain. Their website doesn't say anything at all about biking there. Spring Mountain and Bear Creek are open to bikes, but not Blue.

Re: hardtail... you should be fine as long as you have a decent fork and good brakes (pref. discs, but V's work as long as you don't ride over your head).
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member

Mt. Creek

I assume you are going to Mt. Creek to use the lift. If so, there are easier ways down the mountain that you can ride on a hardtail. I did it a few years ago with a SID and v-brakes. That isn't the best combination but it can be made to work. On top of the mountain is a pretty decent network of xc trails where a hardtail would work fine.

As for rentals, yes, Mountian Creek does rent FS bikes including full on DH rides. Last year the cost for a full day rental of a DH was $75. I think they also rent full face helmets. You would do best to check there website. WWW. MountainCreek or something like that. Do a search and you'll come up with it.

I have no information on Blue Mountain.