Report: Sunday At El Corte De Madera- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Report: Sunday At El Corte De Madera

I was hoping that the excellent weather had opened up the lower trails here. I was right! I arrived at 2pm and there were a lot of folks just finishing up. Smiles all around. What a beautiful day. Temps in the upper 70's…clear blue sky. Started at CM2 and headed along the ridge out to fir trail then hit Resolution trail....Woohooo! perfect trail conditions and I was all alone under the redwoods firing down one of my favorite trails. I had forgotten just how smooth and ridable these trails are...not what I am used too. After resolution I headed down El Corte De Madera to North Leaf (awesome!), South Leaf to Virginia mill....Then I turned around and headed back to Methuzala and up, up, up, up...oh the beautiful pain! Then down, down, down Manzanita (outstanding) and I still have only seen one other rider. Halfway down manzanita is one amazing view looking southwest towards green hills and the pacific ocean (shrouded in a blanket of fog yesterday)...if you been there you know what I'm talking about....wish I had the damn camera!...A short ways up Timberview Trail I hit the very short Crosscut trail....a very steep rocky chute... and by this time it was getting kinda dark under the redwoods and I am wearing sunglasses...CANT SEE! JUST GO! YeeeeeeHawwww and I am at the bottom...ready to climb back out again. I reach the top (CM3) at around 4:15 and I am feeling really good so I head down the ridge to Steam Donkey! for one more taste...then back up again. I finished a little after 5pm....What an epic ride under the redwoods...absolutely perfect. I love Spring!
    :p

ol'guy who says hi &waves

Yeehaa !!!

I've been patiently waiting for the "Opening Report". I may have to play hooky real soon. Demo is nice but doesn't compare to the miles of trails at Skeggs. Great route you took. Going down Steamdonkey always gets me so stoked! Thanks for the report, see ya the trails, brah-FdT

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

the bomb

feel'n ya

Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder
    Halfway down manzanita is one amazing view looking southwest towards green hills and the pacific ocean (shrouded in a blanket of fog yesterday)...if you been there you know what I'm talking about....wish I had the damn camera!!
    That view makes me stop every time. I always seem to ride manzenita up, and I've been meaning to descend that trail. Now I gotta!

glad you enjoyed the ride
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

I am lost, I'm no guide
    Most impressive about the report was the absence of riders! I can never recall riding there w/o seeing dozens of people on the trail, no matter what time of day it was!