photo-john's been busy..- Mtbr.com
    fc
    head minion Administrator

photo-john's been busy..

He stayed up late last night and did this:

http://www.photographyreview.com

Please check it out and let us know what you think. He missed a few rides because of this.

francois
    Attached Images Attached Images

I Just Ride....

Good job!

LOOKS GOOD!!
    Give John a raise Francios!
    He Deserves It!
    And for all of you guys who take a camera along on your rides and want to improve your photography check Photo Review!
    It's a great community and has lots of great people who are equally passionate about photography!
    Make sure you check out all of the forums! Especially the Critique Forum! It's the best one there!

Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    He stayed up late last night and did this:

Please check it out and let us know what you think. He missed a few rides because of this.

francois
    Nice - fast loading front page - I don't know enough about photography to comment on usability, but the layout is nice and simple.

Nitpicky, but on the Reviews page, the scroll boxes are titled Search By, when there is no way to search from a scroll box - should be Browse By, right?

And that Kodak ad needs to die. That is my latest pet *peave* - those friggin pop-overs that show up in the middle of the screen and you can't get rid of them. Hate 'em - Napster has the worst one I've seen.

Fartographer

Search by / Scroll by

Thanks for pointing out the "Search by" inconsistency. That's a good one. And I can fix it!
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

Fartographer

Can't Take Credit

I can't take credit for all the work. The design is from our winderful designer, Katarina. And most of the real work was done by our two developers, Mike and Matt. I just harassed people, shared my lame ideas, and wined about all the extra work

I'm not so sure if that Photo Critique forum fits in anymore. Maybe we've outgrown it?

mtbr member
    Kick-Ass! Way better than the old layout!!

The promo skyscraper banner promoting the new design might make more sense if it clicks over to a discussion thread about the reasons for the new design, and give people a place on your site to give feedback. The way it is now (click on the banner, and it simply takes you to the home page) is kinda confusing and doesn't explain anything.

Looks like all those late nights are paying off, Pho-Jo! And it seems to load faster.

-g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

I Just Ride....

... and if we just ... You know John...

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I'm not so sure if that Photo Critique forum fits in anymore. Maybe we've outgrown it?
    I have always thought you had a good sense of humor.....
    But not in this case!

Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

mtbr member
    yes, much better!

kudos to all.

a nice article/buying guide, I just sent it to a friend who's contemplating going digital for trip to Egypt... sorry she's not much of a mtn biker, but I did tune up her bike recently.. so there's some bike related content.

Fartographer
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    Nitpicky, but on the Reviews page, the scroll boxes are titled Search By, when there is no way to search from a scroll box - should be Browse By, right?
    I just looked at the Search By section on the reviews page again. It is actually accurate. That is a search tool. It lets you narrow results by choosing different parameters. Unfortunately, it ain't working right now. So it needs to be fixed before the title means anything at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0