Passion Threads Going Missing- Mtbr.com
    Elitest thrill junkie

Passion Threads Going Missing

Well, moved, but missing from passion. Some of them seemed right up the alley of “passion”....
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Well, moved, but missing from passion. Some of them seemed right up the alley of “passion”....
    Mods, please move this thread to the "Complaining About Moved Threads" forum. Thank you!

mtbr member
    alley of “passion”....
    Yeah, google that at work.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    So let me guess, they are moving the cool threads elsewhere and keeping the garbage here?

I've been saying for years they should just re-name Passion the "General forum" and move Passion to somewhere you have to work a little to see it. People see it at top of the list and how many people are viewing it and figure its the best place to post all their useless drivel.

Say, since we have you all here can someone tell me what tire I should run for fire road climbing? TIA

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Yep, I’ve been bitching for 3 days about it. Even started a poll in Passion that was a unanimous vote to move the Animal thread back to Passion. They moved that thread to the Site Feedback section. Makes sense.

http://forums.mtbr.com/site-feedback...l-1089653.html

And also go here >
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Yep, I’ve been bitching for 3 days about it without a response. Even started a poll in Passion that ended up to be a unanimous vote of 16 members who agreed to move the Animal thread back to Passion. They moved that thread to the Site Feedback section. Makes sense.

http://forums.mtbr.com/site-feedback...l-1089653.html

And also go here towards the end > http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...r-1089477.html

Passion Threads Going Missing-1c580f7b-0eff-4da1-afce-f8141f8cfb8e.jpg
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    People title all kinds of threads and just put the word Passion in it. Bread Passion or sleeping all day Passion. Some at least try to keep it mountain bike related.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    The 'What is the Passion Section for' post states, "Threads that are not actual riding experiences will be moved out of this section to the one they belong in."

So, how does 'Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]' fit in? You might be passionate about buying bike stuff, but that ain't a riding experience.

The moderator needs to get on the stick and start moving these inappropriate threads.
    Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    The 'What is the Passion Section for' post states, "Threads that are not actual riding experiences will be moved out of this section to the one they belong in."

So, how does 'Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]' fit in? You might be passionate about buying bike stuff, but that ain't a riding experience.

The moderator needs to get on the stick and start moving these inappropriate threads.
    Ummmm..CHUM is or was a major moderator for years. Guess who started that thread in Passion where it’s been active and happy since 2011. That’s SEVEN years in human years.

The Animal thread is about riding and seeing wildlife. It was moved, does that make sense? It’s been happy here in Passion for FOUR years. Moving that one to General makes zero sense, ridiculous actually. If it bothers a mod that it’s in Passion then move it to the OC.

Granted many threads in here are not Passion but a thread that’s been happy for so long shouldn’t be moved.

mtbr member
    Whoa. Many threads just got moved, included some that shouldn't have been, IMO.
    Do the math.

It's about time they started cleaning out Passion, it's long been a catchall for the too lazy to scroll down, becoming a cesspool.
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    So let me guess, they are moving the cool threads elsewhere and keeping the garbage here?

I've been saying for years they should just re-name Passion the "General forum" and move Passion to somewhere you have to work a little to see it. People see it at top of the list and how many people are viewing it and figure its the best place to post all their useless drivel.

Say, since we have you all here can someone tell me what tire I should run for fire road climbing? TIA
    one of my old racing buddies swears by these:

https://www.rei.com/product/628174/c...y-tire-26-x-21

Candlestick Maker
    Well, this should be a fun change. An exuberant "super mod" brings a dying forum and website back to life through moderation. Where is my popcorn?

And, here is some riding passion to keep it on topic. 6800ft of descent, 1200ft of climbing. Good times!

ride stats by Brad Baker, on Flickr
    baker

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules