Thread: Out West Bliss

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Out West Bliss

Just wrapping up a 12 day mountain bike vacation to Colorado & Utah. I could not have asked for much more than what this trip has provided thus far. Started with a weekend camping on top of Porcupine Rim in Moab. Nothing is better than waking up and hoping on your bike right beside some of the best single track in the world. Porcupine as usual was awesome, Kokopelli is as far as the weather would allow you to go, but I guess 17 miles of single track should be enough. The second day we rode Megaladon, which is a "secret" and it was freakin amazing!

After Moab we headed to the Grand Valley and stayed with my sister in Grand Junction. Rode all the usual suspects: Holly Cross, Lemon Squezzer, Mary's Loop, Horse Thief, Zippity, More Fun & a few others. The GV has a lot to offer, the single track was technical in places and the views were a nice distraction from the searing heat. I must admit I am a little bit more of an adrenaline junky so Moab and the shuttle were more my cup of tea, but the XC stuff is necessary every now and then.

Now I am sitting in Boulder, CO and working on our next ride, which I believe is going to be Nederland to Boulder in the Morning. Altogether I have put about 85 miles on the Transition this trip and the bike has held up well, but the Marzocchi ATA 55 has seemed to bite the bullet, its supposed to be the best AM fork on the market, I guess this is what happens when you outsource to Taiwan, thank god for that 3 year warranty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0