the one thing better than a mountian bike- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

... and if we just ... the one thing better than a mountian bike

Ok, I know it's not for everyone, and its a mountian bike forum, but I am just crazy about the birth of my little girl Audrey and cannot wait to strap into my bike trailer when she gets home and show her the forests. I already have her first bike waiting in garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rjpstoked; 01-23-2004 at 06:42 PM. Reason: picture missing

Perpetually single track
    congrats!!, little girl has a lot to look forward to.

Trail rider and racer
    Congratulations, what a lovely little baby.

Much better than any Mountain bike.

Trevor!

T 3

Jan 2004

Smile Congratulations !

And you didn't tell us her birth weight,or how well you think she'll climb !

Quote Originally Posted by rjpstoked
    Ok, I know it's not for everyone, and its a mountian bike forum, but I am just crazy about the birth of my little girl Audrey and cannot wait to strap into my bike trailer when she gets home and show her the forests. I already have her first bike waiting in garage.

transitional form
    Congrats! Absolutely beeeeautiful.

Watch out for that paternity weight... I put on a few pounds when my son was born 2.5 years ago because riding time was drastically (though temporarily) reduced. Fortunately, I was skinny, so that meant I finally got up to my ideal BMI.

Great name, too. Pretty, not weird, but not one of those super-popular names right now... she won't be one of 5 Hannahs or whatever in her Kindergarten

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    She's a cutie!

Werner
    Don't harsh my mello

Jan 2003
    That's the pinnacle right there. You will never do anything in your life as great as that! I have two girls, 10 and 7. I took the oldest on her first "real" mtn. bike ride a few weeks ago. She ruined her shoes and all the clothes she had on with all the mud. Her mom was furious with me. It was the most fun I have ever had riding, period! I think we have one more mtn. biker in world now, she's hooked! I hope you get to enjoy the same thing in the future. Congratulations!

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

congratulations

as a long time veteran of fatherhood (okay, all of 7 months!) it is a truly rewarding sight to watch your baby develop. Enjoy every minute of it becuase it really is true. They grow up so fast! It seems like just yesterday that I could hold my son in my hands and now he's a whopping 21 pounder!

congratulations again.

Michael

Dec 2003
    CONGRATULATIONS! "Linoleum Lizards" are true time-suckers, and it's worth every second!

Des(s)ert Rat

Congratulations!

Welcome to an amazing journey, far more epic than any ride, more complicated than the latest and greatest component, and yet so simple to enjoy.

Rollin' a fatty

... and if we just ... Welcome to the wonderfull world of fatherhood

I have a 9yrs old girl that hates anything with 2 wheels (had a brad crash on a bike with training wheels) and a 7yrs old boy that loves anything cycling, specially mountain biking.

Hopefully your little girl will be brave and wise enough to fall in love with the outdoors specially riding bikes on forests.

Hope that you find enough time to be a father and keep on riding, congrats!

mtbr member

Congrats!

Kids are so much fun! That's a beautiful baby there.
    Cangrats to you and your wife!

Cyclist

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by screampint
    Welcome to an amazing journey, far more epic than any ride, more complicated than the latest and greatest component, and yet so simple to enjoy.
    I have to agree with you. This pic is a little outdated, but it is one of my all time favorites. Don't ever through out that old hardtail. It makes a dandy kid carrier!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

Jan 2004
    ...and cannot wait to strap into my bike trailer when she gets home and show her the forests. I already have her first bike waiting in garage.
    Congrats on a beautiful girl and a nice name, too!

We got a trailer for our daughter when she was 1yo. Much younger than that, and the helmet doesn't fit right. It'll be a while before she can hold her head up anyway. Enjoy every minute you have with her, and congratulations again.

mtbr member
    Congrats! My wife gave birth to our first child 3-1/2 months ago, and life hasn't been the same. Here's little miss Evelyn:

"If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb