Thread: My Fruita

Young, Shawn Young

My Fruita

This time I would be meeting some fellow Las Vegans for some riding and beer drinking. Road trips should always be shared with friends so I was looking foward to this trip.

Its about an 8 hour drive and I was leaving a bit later than the others so I would have to solo it out and back.Not too bad as Ive driven back and forth across the US by myself and usually with very little nap time.

I got there pretty late in the day on Thursday and the winds were howling but I decided to head up to 18rd for a run up Prime and down Kessler. Did I mention the wind was howling? There werent too many people out this late in the day with the wind turning the parking lot into a bit of a sandstorm.

The next few days I hooked up with the Vegas people for more 18rd riding, Horsethief area riding, and GJ which I was really looking foward to as I had not ridden there before. The folks I was riding with are no slouches and I found myself chasing them most of the time but you cant help but enjoy the riding out here.

I think by the third day of riding I realized I had a bad pinched nerve in my neck that decided to move down into my shoulder, elbow, and even wrapping around my shoulder and into my chest muscle. Painful but I wasnt going to pass up riding in GJ. Spectacular riding and trail system in GJ and would love to go there again for sure. Thanks to Dave and Rick for waiting up for me on ocassion

I would be remiss if I didnt mention the beer tent, great music, and clunker crit. The 1554 was going down quite nicely and the whole vibe/feeling of downtown fruita is awesome. I was hoping to demo a 08 575 but my size never seemed to be there when I dropped by so I guess I will keep my 04 for now.

It was a painful ride back but well worth it as always to ride and enjoy some time with friends both on the bike and tipping back a few. Heres a few shots plus a link to more if you care to check them out. All shot with the olympus 1030sw, not a bad camera for a P&S.

Shawn

https://bigfoot.smugmug.com/
    Last edited by Redmon; 05-10-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

mtbr member
    Great shots Shawn. That lizard photo is amazing!

Did you guys ride Moore Fun west to east? That second pic looks like the very end of MF if you went that way. We went east to west so that looks like our initial climb. Yes?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

just along for the ride
    Nice butt he last 2 were... saynomore

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Great shots Shawn. That lizard photo is amazing!

Did you guys ride Moore Fun west to east? That second pic looks like the very end of MF if you went that way. We went east to west so that looks like our initial climb. Yes?
    That second pic is the climb up to chutes and ladders. The guys were showing off climbing that hill like it wasnt even there. I didnt ride MF but I did 2 years ago-great trail. For me, I would have had to hit that one early in the trip-some good climbing involved there
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Members who have read this thread: 0