MTB Singapore- Kent Ridge Trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

MTB Singapore- Kent Ridge Trail

I'm not the type to take pictures while riding, I rarely have a camera. But I did manage to snap a few pictures while in Singapore. They aren't the best, but I think you'll get the idea. Kent Ridge was short, but a lot of fun to ride.

Blah.. ignored this one.. I saw lots of tire tracks....while most of us would, in Singapore you really have to think twice about breaking any rules or laws.

That's it... rides are for riding, not taking pictures!
    Draft College Republicans

Its only 1" on the map!
    Very cool looking. Is that near the north end of the island. I had plans to ride on some stuff at the north end of the island some years back, but it ended up not happening.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My god, that mountain biking sign only makes me feel so good. Nice shots man, love the web of platforms.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Wow. Cool pics. I saw a group of MTBers just near the entrance to the Zoo when I was in SIngapore a couple of weeks ago. Got me wondering what sort of riding there was to be had. Singapore is such a great place.

Jul 2008
    Love the pics. Its great to see all the different places in the world where people ride!

Jun 2008

how long is the trail?

how long did you take for the trail?

Was standing at the entrance of it with my virgin bike (no offroad yet) at around 6:30pm and was wondering if I could make a round before its too dark...

Thanks for the pics. You just have to love Singapore for doing things consequently, if they do it.

The other trails in Singapore are in Bukit Timah, Tampines and some on Pulau Ubin. Close to the zoo is T15, some non-official cross country track.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow, never thought I'd see the KR trail on MTBR.

My friends and I are the folks who helped put together some of the biking trails and races in Singapore. The trails available are as follows:

BT (Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, 5.6km per loop)

T15 (Track 15 to the Zoo from Chestnut Ave, out and back, 6km)

Ketam Trail (on the island of Pulau Ubin, 7+km loop, done with IMBA's input)

Tampines Trail (North East Singapore, 7+km loop, also with IMBA's input)

Kent Ridge Trail (Kent Ridge Park, forgot the distance as it keeps changing, race there this August 31st, http://www.dirtraction.com)

There are a few more less than legal trails around which I will not post here but if you talk to the locals, you'll find out where they are. The longest ride you can string together without hitting tarmac too much would be about 38kms.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bummer
    Wow, never thought I'd see the KR trail on MTBR.

My friends and I are the folks who helped put together some of the biking trails and races in Singapore. The trails available are as follows:

BT (Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, 5.6km per loop)

T15 (Track 15 to the Zoo from Chestnut Ave, out and back, 6km)

Ketam Trail (on the island of Pulau Ubin, 7+km loop, done with IMBA's input)

Tampines Trail (North East Singapore, 7+km loop, also with IMBA's input)

Kent Ridge Trail (Kent Ridge Park, forgot the distance as it keeps changing, race there this August 31st, http://www.dirtraction.com)

There are a few more less than legal trails around which I will not post here but if you talk to the locals, you'll find out where they are. The longest ride you can string together without hitting tarmac too much would be about 38kms.
    I was surprised by how much Singapore had to offer. I imagine it gets even better in Malaysia. I went to Kent Ridge, Bukit Timah, Tampines, and Pulau Ubin. Nothing too technical, but good fun. Riding in the tropical weather is a nice change from summer riding in Texas as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by morid
    how long did you take for the trail?

Was standing at the entrance of it with my virgin bike (no offroad yet) at around 6:30pm and was wondering if I could make a round before its too dark...

Thanks for the pics. You just have to love Singapore for doing things consequently, if they do it.

The other trails in Singapore are in Bukit Timah, Tampines and some on Pulau Ubin. Close to the zoo is T15, some non-official cross country track.
    I went to the zoo one day, but didn't know about any trail out that way. Kent Ridge doesn't take too long to ride, bring lights, I bet that trail is a blast in the dark.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Nice stuff A, need to check that out the next time I am down there.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike
    Nice stuff A, need to check that out the next time I am down there.
    John.. how often do you make it Singapore? It is now by far one of my favorite destinations. When you go be sure to check Bukit Timah and Pulau Ubin. Pulau Ubin is cool because there is no cars out there, just bikes!

Members who have read this thread: 0