Moab report or what I did on my spring break- Mtbr.com
    Occidental Tourist

Moab report or what I did on my spring break

Cram 8 guys and one very tolerant gal into a studio apartment and what do you get? Three awesome days of riding and a long line to the bathroom.
    Last weekend we had a reunion of former and present Tucson dwellers up in Moab. Took off on Wed and got to Blanding around 4am. Crashed out in the truck for 4 hours (after getting it stuck in mud and snow) and arrived in Moab on Thu morning. By Thu afternnon the whole crew had arrived and we were ready to head out to slickrock to strecth our legs. we rode up from town and cruisd the trail. Not what I expected from the trail but it was fun.

Day two: Procupine Rim - got the shuttle going and realized that the home base vehicle keys were not with us but not too bad since it ws only 4 miles to town. Now this is what I cameto Moab for - good climbing and screaming fun downhill - an awesome ride.

Day Three: Amassa Back. Wondering if my legs are going to let me enjoy this trail. After about 30 minutes the soreness was gone and I felt great. We had to compete with the jepps but everyone was polite(ish). Earlier in the day we had stopped by Rim Cycler and a guy there told us about some single track that comes down on the ohter side of Amassa back or as he put it "dental work singletrack". After soaking in the views and playing around it was time to descend and what sweetness it was. Fast in places, super technical in others and downright spooky in some - we loved it! Herz a few pics while I wait for the others.

Pic1- Standad maob view
    Pic 2- Slicrock
    Pic 3 - Slicrock
    Pic 4- Amassa Singletrack
    Pic- 5 Monument Valley
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Occidental Tourist
    Tanks for the mammaries
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

Mar 2004
    Hey Crash...what didn't you like about the Slickrock trail? I'm heading there in two days to do some wheeling and want to make sure we hit the best trails.

Great pics. Thanks.

Occidental Tourist

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianYETI
    Hey Crash...what didn't you like about the Slickrock trail? I'm heading there in two days to do some wheeling and want to make sure we hit the best trails.
    Great pics. Thanks.
    Maybe it was the lack of sleep but it just wasn't that fun - very short downhills and steep ups - not enough flow for me - just plain old grinding and not even tht technical. Good views but I can't hlep but to wonder what I missed. The other two rides were stellar.

Feb 2004

Springbreak?

Springbreak without a videographer from Girls Gone Wild? I'm sure you felt a lot better after your spring break that most. Nice pics.

Occidental Tourist

A few more pics

Got my pics back yesterday

mtbr member
    Beautiful pics!! Thanks. I especially liked the first panorama and the Amasa singletrack.

I'm with you Dummy, slick rock trail is kinda cool because it's so unique, but not the best trail Moab has to offer. If you've never done it, you definitely should, then maybe repeat it every other time you're down if you have time, but there's a bunch of other stuff that needs to be experienced.

KRob (trying to figure out when he's going to fit in his Moab/Fruita pilgrimage this spring)

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianYETI

Great pics. Thanks.
    I went to moab once for 2 days. it was my first time there, so i rode slickrock. it was cool. then i rode porcupine rim and it was incredible. i have that same feeling of: 'what did i miss by riding the slickrock trail?'. it's like, you gotta ride it because everyone does or something. in my opinion, it can be skipped. but it's a great intro to moab, and if you get lost on that trail, you might as well not leave the porta-potty. ever.
    Only boring people get bored.

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob

I'm with you Dummy, slick rock trail is kinda cool because it's so unique, but not the best trail Moab has to offer. If you've never done it, you definitely should, then maybe repeat it every other time you're down if you have time, but there's a bunch of other stuff that needs to be experienced.

)
    I agree and all my systems are down so here are a few more form mr.bored