lost and found...- Mtbr.com

Jun 2004

lost and found...

It was not an easy decision to give up riding (I am coming from the world of motorcycle roadracing) nor to take up bicycling again. I just knew with the little one on the way changes needed to be made in my life that would reduce the risk factor, up the health factor and allow me to continue in my pursuit/love/passion/affair of/with everything two wheels.

I had no idea how much or how quickly those changes would begin take place. So back to the title of the thread, lost and found.

What I have lost in just three short weeks back on a bike is 22lbs. Unbelievable!!!

What I have found is so much more than that. I have found reserves of energy I did not know where there. I am sleeping 2-3 less hours everyday and have more energy throughout the day. I have found is a desire to fill my body with healthy foods and liquids instead of whatever is available. I have found a peace of mind and clarity when I am riding that I have not experienced in a very long time. I just feel good.

I am sure you all have felt the same things so this is probably not shocking to you. I however am blown away.

the unvarnished nonsense

22 pounds in 21 days...

Congratulations to you, on so many levels. Losing the weight, finding the passion, and the little one on the way. In a few years you might be lugging that young one around behind you in a trailer, something I doubt you could do on a motorcycle track. Sounds like the passion has infected yet another. To date, I've found the infection to be incurable. Enjoy the ride.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

jrm
    mtbr member

Are you taking any supplements?

that may be the reason for the loss of sleep.

Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    that may be the reason for the loss of sleep.
    Its not that I'm losing sleep, just that I am staying up a little later and waking up a little earlier. I am actually get much better sleep (not periodically waking up) than before during the hours I am asleep.