mtbr member

Good job! Like him or not...

This is first class. Many of you have probably heard of Ride 2 Recovery or Wounded Warriors efforts. Looks like W is hosting a MTB ride for wounded warriors next weekend.

As a retired Navy officer, having the former Commander-in-Chief get out and actively lead a ride to support and benefit wounded warriors is amazing. I can't think of any other CINC who has done anything like this. Wish I could participate!

"I'll be riding across the deserts of Texas with wounded warriors to show the unbelievable character of our men and women in uniform," Bush said in a statement released by his office. "It's a 100-kilometer ride in the desert, and it's not a leisurely ride; it's a ride to herald people who were dealt a severe blow and said, 'I'm not going to let it tear me down.'"

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...n-the-desert/1

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Hed probably lose me on the downhill sections, but Id smoke his ass going up the hills.
    Uh oh! Someone just stole your KOM!

mtbr member
    Not from what I've heard... it seems that since he took up MTBing, he's become pretty damn good, leading "peloton 1" at a steady pace of ~20-21 MPH. You might beat him... but it wouldn't be a smoking! Not bad for a guy his age!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Big Bend will not necessarily equate to high MPH. The area is a blast but I don't see him setting any sort of scorching pace up any area incline such as Tres Cuevas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    Big Bend will not necessarily equate to high MPH. The area is a blast but I don't see him setting any sort of scorching pace up any area incline such as Tres Cuevas.
    Agreed. Especially since it's a ride for wounded warriors. I did a road ride with them and while they move right along, it's not a full up ride for all of the adaptive cyclists. But it's damn inspiring to have been a part of it!

Members who have read this thread: 0