JP Nuts heads to the Southwest- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

JP Nuts heads to the Southwest

Greetings you all,
    I am seeking lesser known trails between here and Sedona passing thru Bend, Sun Valley ,and Hurricane, UT, leaving from Bend after 10/18. I have ridden most of the big name trails along the way some more than once. There are locals only know trails that are a hoot that I would like to ride. Who has ridden Switchgrass trail @ Lake Wilson, KS? ; a not well known trail but an absolute gem. Pocatello, ID has a network of trails from town. Sun Valley has more miles of trail than I will be able to ride in my lifetime. Moab was just a played out mineral extraction town in the desert. I just know that some of you have a secret stash that is on public land that in your opinion is as good as a more famous trail.

For the last 26 months I have been travelling the lower 48 states riding what I can find for 7870 miles on 508 rides. See Craig’s List article in June 2010 issue of Bike.

My joy would be for you to share your ride w/ me. I keep my wheels on the ground most times and quit riding b4 I really beat myself up. Let’s go for a ride.

Thanks

That Waters Guy
    Jan 2004
    Sheesh, why don't you show up for a trail work day or two?

Wait, you just did that in Leavenworth. I suppose I'll have to give you a hall pass, but it'd help to know where "here" is in your message.

Rolland

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Oh, "here" is Spokane. I will be riding at Bend's Big Fat Festival leaving there on the 18th.
    I do trail work when I can find it. I have worked for rides and will still. I have helped @ races. I just don't wash my van.

Really I am that slow
    JP have a place i've been doing a bit of expolrin in..... a bit off the beaten path... net time your in hurkin i'll show yah
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

That Waters Guy
    Jan 2004
    K, I'm missing my book marked page, but there's supposed to be some good terrain worth exploring down by the tucannon on your way out of Spokane.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Nuts
    Oh, "here" is Spokane. I will be riding at Bend's Big Fat Festival leaving there on the 18th.
    I do trail work when I can find it. I have worked for rides and will still. I have helped @ races. I just don't wash my van.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Some guys out in the Texas Panhandle have built trails at Palo Duro Dam (not to be confused with Palo Duro Canyon) between Hardesty, OK and Spearman, TX. Guymon, OK is a slightly larger town about 40 mins away in the center of the OK Panhandle. There is overnight camping, RV parking, picnic areas, etc. It is remote, hidden, and almost completely empty of bikes. No motorized vehicles are allowed and neither are horses. I'll almost you'll be alone while you ride. On Sunday, I counted 3 cars at the whole lake besides my own. Really nice at this time of year, as well.

http://www.riptankcycles.com/page2.html
    http://www.spearman.org/pdra.html
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...kes/palo_duro/

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks all.
    I forgot about Tucannon, I did ride up the river there.
    Fixie Dave I look forward to your discovery.
    Panhndl, I declare your trails out of bounds for my travels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Maybe next time

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    it was good riding with you today on cda mtn.

tim

mtbr member
    Check in with me at Spoke and Wheel Bike Shop in Twin Falls, (South of Sun Valley.) We have a great desert riding area, (Indian Springs) that will be nice as it has cooled down here.

Mike M.
    208-734-6033

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the ride, Tim. I learned that swapping directions makes for a different ride.
    Mike, Thanks for tip, I'll check you out after Sun Valley

Members who have read this thread: 0