Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 229
  1. #1
    Lurker
    Reputation: firstcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    192

    Instant karma for a ****** bag

    This guy thinks it would be funny to door a bike rider. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81oPQ...layer_embedded
    Where the Sidewalk Ends
    "Its not a hobby its a way of life."

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    581
    lol...loved it! Wouldnt want to be that guy, he got just deserts and a lesson he wont ever forget (assuming he lived or did not suffer brain damage). I'm sure if he injured one of those young guys riding their bicycles he and his friends would've just had a big ole laugh about it.

    What friends eh? They edited the vid (thus the slow mo replays) and put it on youtube!

  3. #3
    ride the moment
    Reputation: Dogbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    824
    "Go back dude! Something serious has f@cking happened!" ROFLMAO
    Hey Butthead, are we gonna die? - Beavis

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gjenkins@'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,598
    ouch, that made yell out loud at work. instant karma indeed.

  5. #5
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    "That was a-door-able."
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mt. Tam Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    That was EPIC karma! if i was that little kid he hit, i would have kicked him in the nuts too.

  7. #7
    M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,000
    HA HA!
    Uh oh! Someone just stole your KOM!

  8. #8
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    HA HA!
    I really don't find this video funny. Everybody is different.

    Yes, sometimes people need to pay for their stupidity and bad decisions, but it sucks when the bad choices made by some, implicate other (innocent) people.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  9. #9
    M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I really don't find this video funny. Everybody is different.

    Yes, sometimes people need to pay for their stupidity and bad decisions, but it sucks when the bad choices made by some, implicate other (innocent) people.
    Well, considering the fact that there seem to be people who are ADULTS here in California who think doing things like that is funny (knocking people off of bicycles), it’s good to see that that j-tard cornhole little b¡tch of a poosy will never do that to someone when he finally grows up into a big adult.
    Uh oh! Someone just stole your KOM!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    685
    No one in that car was innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dietz31684's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    942

  12. #12
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I really don't find this video funny. Everybody is different.

    Yes, sometimes people need to pay for their stupidity and bad decisions, but it sucks when the bad choices made by some, implicate other (innocent) people.
    It wasn't funny at all. Wasn't funny when it came out. Wasn't funny when everyone found out that kid was dead.

    Still isn't funny...
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  13. #13
    the test dummy
    Reputation: insanitylevel9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,487
    serves him right
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

  14. #14
    WTF
    Reputation: spartan034's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    292
    trying to door a biker is assault. the offender got what he deserved
    Dont wait, procrastinate now!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Raven6*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    92
    Oh man... that kid got what was coming to him. Still makes me wonder what kind of medical attention he had to get after that.
    2006 Specialized Enduro Elite
    2004 Rocky Mountain Element 50

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: superjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven6*
    Oh man... that kid got what was coming to him. Still makes me wonder what kind of medical attention he had to get after that.
    Well, someone on the internet said he's dead.
    I love the hills, but the hills don't love me back.

  17. #17
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by superjesus
    Well, someone on the internet said he's dead.
    Somebody else said he survived, but needed extensive facial reconstruction surgery. I'm not in the mood to go digging for the truth.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: caldan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    42
    Meh, asking for it. Don't be an immature dick, lesson learned. And if he is dead, well, guess he's a dead dick now... If you're going around pulling that kind of crap you are probably a waste of life anyways if you ask me. It was kids on the bikes to boot... eat bumper dirt bag.

  19. #19
    1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Reputation: Koppuh Klyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    641
    Natural selection,no?

  20. #20
    too cold to ride
    Reputation: BigSharks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,130
    no way that person lived through that... I feel the worst for the person who hit him- talk about life changing...

    Wait- I watched w/o sound- was that a parked car or oncoming traffic?
    Last edited by BigSharks; 08-11-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I really don't find this video funny. Everybody is different.

    Yes, sometimes people need to pay for their stupidity and bad decisions, but it sucks when the bad choices made by some, implicate other (innocent) people.
    Exactly, it would suck to be parked there and have to replace your bumper because some idiot hit it with his face.

    Even if he had managed to hit one of those kids on bikes with the door I suspect he was underestimating how hard the door would come back at him form the impact.

  22. #22
    Weekend Warrior
    Reputation: BadKarma145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppuh Klyde
    Natural selection,no?
    at it's finest.
    Rule number 2: Stay in the middle of the trail.

  23. #23
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    It wasn't funny at all. Wasn't funny when it came out. Wasn't funny when everyone found out that kid was dead.

    Still isn't funny...
    He tried to kill a little kid on a bike and died from his own stupidity.

    No, I guess you're right. It's not funny. It's justice.

  24. #24
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  25. #25
    Weekend Warrior
    Reputation: BadKarma145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    It wasn't funny at all. Wasn't funny when it came out. Wasn't funny when everyone found out that kid was dead.

    Still isn't funny...
    Actually it's too bad both him AND the @sshat that was filming it weren't both killed. I suppose the camera guy just 'happened' to be filming this....not like he knew what the other kid would do or anything, huh?

    These JD's were obviously driving around looking to intentionally harm someone else as a "prank". What if the kid he was aiming for had been pushed into an oncoming car? would you still see it as prank or not?
    Rule number 2: Stay in the middle of the trail.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,749
    Talk about laser guided karma.

    Shame he isn't eligible for a Darwin award, no more than the little angel deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSharks
    Wait- I watched w/o sound- was that a parked car or oncoming traffic?
    Parked car, he hits the back of it.

  27. #27
    7hz
    7hz is offline
    Old newbie
    Reputation: 7hz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    313
    Apparently, this wasn't as malicious as it appears, although still stupid.

    The kids in the car were into driving about filming. They know the kid on the bike, and used to roll the window down and give him a smack. Ok dumb but apparently nothing really very malicious or life threatening.

    On this day, in this car, the back window didn't roll down far enough, so the kid opened the door to try to slap the kid on the bike, and we see the results.

    This story makes more sense, since smacking a bike with a car door is both incredibly stupid, and will mess up not only the bike and biker, but the car door as well.

    Apparently, the kid lived, and was in hospital for a month after breaking every bone in his face from the nose down, and loosing 5 teeth and a bit of their upper lip.

    So, very very stupid, yes. Malicious and deserved what he got, no - but it was a stupid thing to do.

    I'm sure we have all done stupid things or been with people that have. A lot of the time, we get away with it. Sometimes, we don't.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mullen119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    It wasn't funny at all. Wasn't funny when it came out. Wasn't funny when everyone found out that kid was dead.

    Still isn't funny...
    The kid didnt die. He is going to be on Tosh.0 this year for a "web redemption". Or thats what Tosh said on a radio interview.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jason B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by 7hz
    Apparently, this wasn't as malicious as it appears, although still stupid.

    The kids in the car were into driving about filming. They know the kid on the bike, and used to roll the window down and give him a smack. Ok dumb but apparently nothing really very malicious or life threatening.

    On this day, in this car, the back window didn't roll down far enough, so the kid opened the door to try to slap the kid on the bike, and we see the results.

    This story makes more sense, since smacking a bike with a car door is both incredibly stupid, and will mess up not only the bike and biker, but the car door as well.

    Apparently, the kid lived, and was in hospital for a month after breaking every bone in his face from the nose down, and loosing 5 teeth and a bit of their upper lip.

    So, very very stupid, yes. Malicious and deserved what he got, no - but it was a stupid thing to do.

    I'm sure we have all done stupid things or been with people that have. A lot of the time, we get away with it. Sometimes, we don't.
    Since when was slapping innocent kids riding bikes acceptable in society?
    Sure he got what he deserved. He shouldn't be going around harassing innocent kids.

  30. #30
    bust a move
    Reputation: 2ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    Knowing that he didn't die...That is Pure Sweetness!
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

  31. #31
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,454
    Stupid things happen to stupid people.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  32. #32
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja
    He tried to kill a little kid on a bike and died from his own stupidity.

    No, I guess you're right. It's not funny. It's justice.
    "He tried to kill a little kid"

    Where do you come up with that?

    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  33. #33
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma145
    These JD's were obviously driving around looking to intentionally harm someone else as a "prank".
    How do you come up with that?

    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  34. #34
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Surestick Malone
    Exactly, it would suck to be parked there and have to replace your bumper because some idiot hit it with his face.

    Even if he had managed to hit one of those kids on bikes with the door I suspect he was underestimating how hard the door would come back at him form the impact.
    Maybe he wasn't trying to hit anyone with the door. Did you ever think of that? Maybe the kid on the bike was his little brother and he was going to steal his hat? Maybe the guy was going to slap his sister up the side of the head while she rode her little pink bike down the middle of the street? I could go on millions of times. Trying to hit a kid with the door would only be ONE of the possibilities.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  35. #35
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Maybe he wasn't trying to hit anyone with the door. Did you ever think of that? Maybe the kid on the bike was his little brother and he was going to steal his hat? Maybe the guy was going to slap his sister up the side of the head while she rode her little pink bike down the middle of the street? I could go on millions of times. Trying to hit a kid with the door would only be ONE of the possibilities.


    Another possibility is that you are trolling looking for another E-argument to try to show how clever you think you are .

  36. #36
    7hz
    7hz is offline
    Old newbie
    Reputation: 7hz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B.
    Since when was slapping innocent kids riding bikes acceptable in society?
    Sure he got what he deserved. He shouldn't be going around harassing innocent kids.
    He deserved to get pulled up by the police or someone's parent.

    He deserved maybe to bust a finger.

    He didn't deserve 1 month in hospital and every bone in his face broken.

    No one said it was acceptable what he was doing. The teens in the car were being idiots doing what they were doing. It was very stupid to try to slap a kid on a bike. To them, it was a harmless prank though, they weren't trying to hurt anyone. Hands up everyone in the forum who has not been a teenager and has not done a stupid prank, or been around someone that has.

  37. #37
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B.
    Since when was slapping innocent kids riding bikes acceptable in society?
    Sure he got what he deserved. He shouldn't be going around harassing innocent kids.
    From what I read about this (this clip came out a long time ago), they knew the kid, and it was not considered a big deal (even by the kids on the bikes), just playing around.

    I love how the internet allows such broad judgment based on so little info
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

  38. #38
    Weekend Warrior
    Reputation: BadKarma145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    How do you come up with that?

    From the facts that
    A) First guy brought along a video camera to capture their "fun".
    B) Prince Darwin wasn't trying to pull the "prank" on himself.

    This kind of behavior is unacceptable anywhere, no matter what you call it. If you enjoy being on the receiving end of that kind of crap, give him a call, I'm sure he'd be glad to drop by. The rest of us don't feel it's funny to harass or terrorize ppl. /rant.
    Rule number 2: Stay in the middle of the trail.

  39. #39
    banned
    Reputation: Uncle Jemima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    510

    You say Hello, and I say...

    Stay seated untill the Flight Attendant tells you otherwise, Bro. That kind of Language is only allowed to be used in IBEX Forum... http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=7137401&postcount=13


    Quote Originally Posted by firstcut
    This guy thinks it would be funny to door a bike rider. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81oPQ...layer_embedded

  40. #40
    CEO Product Failure
    Reputation: bingemtbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    997

    Listen! Well said.

    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Stupid things happen to stupid people.

    Along those same lines:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OsEu43ZxH0

    "Mullet" is in the same bag of cr@p as these guys...

  41. #41
    member since '97
    Reputation: froggy97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    171
    Deep down I am a sensitive person. Even when I argue with someone it's to make the world a better place.

    But this video, doesn't make me cringe at all. I'm happy that someone that stupid is eating through a straw. Having seen my wife grabbed on her bike by similar long haired idiots, and crashing this video gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

    What if we remove the kid on the bike? Then it's just a moron rocker opening the door of a moving vehicle. Still an act of stupidity, with the malice removed. Opening the door, regardless of intent, was stupid. And, he payed for that stupidity with his face.

    I refuse to feel pity for someone that does something so stupid. Accidents happen. This wasn't an accident!! If he was hit by a car, that would (probably) be an accident, and different. But what he suffered was a product of his own actions.

    I don't care if he was trying to door the kid, slap the kid, or pick up a Happy Meal off the road. The only one to blame for his misfortune is him, so why should we feel sorry for someone who's too stupid to have a sense of self-preservation.

    Save the pity for those that are suffering for things beyond their control, like cancer, or natural disasters not Darwin Award Honorees!!
    Life is too short to race through it. When life is a blur, you'll miss the magic.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Maybe he wasn't trying to hit anyone with the door. Did you ever think of that? Maybe the kid on the bike was his little brother and he was going to steal his hat? Maybe the guy was going to slap his sister up the side of the head while she rode her little pink bike down the middle of the street? I could go on millions of times. Trying to hit a kid with the door would only be ONE of the possibilities.

    Maybe my comments were based on the assumption he was trying to hit the kid and you can disregard them if that wasn't the case. Did you ever think of that?

    This is the internet where we are all free to make wild assumptions and snap judgements based on very little information.

  43. #43
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    "He tried to kill a little kid"

    Where do you come up with that?

    I watched the video.

    Traveling behind someone on a bicycle in a car with the intention of hitting them either with the car or with your hand is likely to result in the death of the person on the bicycle.

    Being too stupid to realize that wouldn't have helped the kid on the bike if they had managed to accomplish what they were attempting.

    In the somewhat garbled interview with the person who was supposedly in the car with the kid who fell out, that was exactly what they were trying to do.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,797
    Oh, since he 'knew' the kid on the other bike, I guess it's OK to just drive by and slap him whenever you want.

    Can anyone here remember being bullied? Did that person know your name? OK, cool, then you weren't bullied because that kid 'knew' you.

  45. #45
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by schnee
    Oh, since he 'knew' the kid on the other bike, I guess it's OK to just drive by and slap him whenever you want.

    Can anyone here remember being bullied? Did that person know your name? OK, cool, then you weren't bullied because that kid 'knew' you.
    I suspect this is EXACTLY the case.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  46. #46
    member since '97
    Reputation: froggy97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    171
    Take the kid on the bike completely out of the picture, as I said in another post. What then?

    The door kid is still an idiot that suffered for his stupidity. Opening the door to a moving vehicle is asking for brain damage or proving that it was already there. I don't care if he was reaching out of the car to give "FREE HUGS" he is an idiot!!

    Motives are beside the point. In terms of the Gene Pool Ledger, he is in the liabilities column not the assets. He was doing a jackass thing and paid for it.

    Frosty, you can play devil's advocate until you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change a thing. He got what was coming to him. It doesn't matter if it was punishment for lacking common sense, or trying to injure the kid. HE OPENED THE DOOR, HE LEANED OUT, THERE IS NOBODY TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF!!! I hope he enjoyed eating baby food for a month.
    Life is too short to race through it. When life is a blur, you'll miss the magic.

  47. #47
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy97
    Take the kid on the bike completely out of the picture, as I said in another post. What then?

    The door kid is still an idiot that suffered for his stupidity. Opening the door to a moving vehicle is asking for brain damage or proving that it was already there. I don't care if he was reaching out of the car to give "FREE HUGS" he is an idiot!!

    Motives are beside the point. In terms of the Gene Pool Ledger, he is in the liabilities column not the assets. He was doing a jackass thing and paid for it.

    Frosty, you can play devil's advocate until you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change a thing. He got what was coming to him. It doesn't matter if it was punishment for lacking common sense, or trying to injure the kid. HE OPENED THE DOOR, HE LEANED OUT, THERE IS NOBODY TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF!!! I hope he enjoyed eating baby food for a month.
    You can try logic and reasoning with Frosty untill you are blue in the face too
    and it wont change a thing either
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  48. #48
    dedicated beater
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    166
    Does this kid who fell out of the car deserve a beat down that would put him in the hospital for a month? No. Does he deserve to be hospitalized in a month for a stunt he performed of his own free will that landed his face into the back of a parked car? Well, it sure as hell beats death or paralysis. If he did live, and just had to deal with reconstructive surgery, I think he should consider himself lucky.

    Anyways, I'm not so sure as what happened to him has anything to do with "deservedness" so much as simple cause and effect. Leaning on an open door of a moving vehicle is just plain stupid no matter what you're doing. The fact he was doing this while trying to harm/"mess with" another person is just beautiful irony. Darwin would be proud. I just hope these idiots learned their lessons so that they don't continue their dangerous behaviors.

  49. #49
    too cold to ride
    Reputation: BigSharks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Maybe he wasn't trying to hit anyone with the door. Did you ever think of that? Maybe the kid on the bike was his little brother and he was going to steal his hat? Maybe the guy was going to slap his sister up the side of the head while she rode her little pink bike down the middle of the street? I could go on millions of times. Trying to hit a kid with the door would only be ONE of the possibilities.
    Dude! Was it you? That must have hurt...
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

  50. #50
    Still surfin in my 60's.
    Reputation: Cedar Branch Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    138
    You could see in the video, the window was down far enough for the guy to reach out and slap someone. I had a friend who someone did the open door trick on him when he was riding his motorcycle. they drove off and left him lying beside the road with the bike on top of him. He wasn't too badly injured, and when he managed to get up and rode down the road, he saw the car stopped at a store and my buddies "MC" just happened to to be waiting for him there. "Justice prevailed".
    So you think you can jump!

  51. #51
    Pimpmobile
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    487
    I distinctly remember Mom saying things like... "Don't run with the scissors", and "Don't put your head outside the moving car".


    All my teeth are still in the FRONT of my skull!
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,334
    welcome to three years ago

  53. #53
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma145
    From the facts that
    A) First guy brought along a video camera to capture their "fun".
    B) Prince Darwin wasn't trying to pull the "prank" on himself.
    Where was "fun" quoted by anyone? So they had a camera? big deal. That doesn't mean they were trying to "kill" anyone. It doesn't mean they were trying to hurt anyone. Quite frankly, it doesn't mean anything at all. They had a cam... OMG... that must mean they want to hurt someone...

    Your "facts" are irrelevant and simply have nothing to do with proving or showing what anyone was doing... short of shooting some footy.

    This kind of behavior is unacceptable anywhere, no matter what you call it. If you enjoy being on the receiving end of that kind of crap, give him a call, I'm sure he'd be glad to drop by. The rest of us don't feel it's funny to harass or terrorize ppl. /rant.
    What "kind of behavior"? You are making everything up as you have NO CLUE what the kid was was doing. You have no clue if they had the camera all day long. You have NOTHING to go on but what you happen to believe from 10 seconds of vid.

    "Ohh man.. check it out... there is my little bro wearing my freakin' hat again... Hey Billy Bob... slow down and get close.. I am going to yank my hat off his head... CRACKER BOOM OOPS!!!!"

    That is JUST as valid as what you have come up with. You have no facts that show that the kid wanted to hurt anyone at all. You have no facts showing that the kid was even attempting to hurt anyone. You have NO idea if anyone had any intention of "terrorizing" anyone...

    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dagenhay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    444
    Okay, say the guy does slap the bicycle rider in the back of the head. Then the bicycle rider likely loses control of his bike and then is the one that slaps into the back of the parked car. Granted, not at the same speed and likely not with the same result but never the less some pain and suffering.Clearly the bicycle riding is a kid and not someone like us who may be able to stay in control.

    We all take risk in life and when we fail we have to pay the price. We don't always get to determine what that price is. So you better put allot of thought into it before it is time to pay up.
    Take Gravity For A Ride

  55. #55
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B.
    Since when was slapping innocent kids riding bikes acceptable in society?
    No one in this thread said that is was. In fact. No one has even mentioned anything about it as it simply has nothing to do with the conversation.



    Sure he got what he deserved. He shouldn't be going around harassing innocent kids.
    There it is again. You have NO IDEA if he was "going around harassing innocent kids" or not. You have NO basis for making that assertion and you have NOTHING that supports it.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  56. #56
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Instant karma for a ****** bag-troll.jpg  


  57. #57
    too cold to ride
    Reputation: BigSharks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr
    welcome to three years ago
    Two troll topic.
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jason B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    No one in this thread said that is was. In fact. No one has even mentioned anything about it as it simply has nothing to do with the conversation.





    There it is again. You have NO IDEA if he was "going around harassing innocent kids" or not. You have NO basis for making that assertion and you have NOTHING that supports it.
    LOL!
    What are you, a lawyer or the kids parents (or the dumb kid)?

    Regardless, he (you) opened the door and stuck his (your) head out and BAM.
    Like they say, you can't fix stupid. Enjoy your day there Frosty.

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Where was "fun" quoted by anyone? So they had a camera? big deal. That doesn't mean they were trying to "kill" anyone. It doesn't mean they were trying to hurt anyone. Quite frankly, it doesn't mean anything at all. They had a cam... OMG... that must mean they want to hurt someone...

    Your "facts" are irrelevant and simply have nothing to do with proving or showing what anyone was doing... short of shooting some footy.



    What "kind of behavior"? You are making everything up as you have NO CLUE what the kid was was doing. You have no clue if they had the camera all day long. You have NOTHING to go on but what you happen to believe from 10 seconds of vid.

    "Ohh man.. check it out... there is my little bro wearing my freakin' hat again... Hey Billy Bob... slow down and get close.. I am going to yank my hat off his head... CRACKER BOOM OOPS!!!!"

    That is JUST as valid as what you have come up with. You have no facts that show that the kid wanted to hurt anyone at all. You have no facts showing that the kid was even attempting to hurt anyone. You have NO idea if anyone had any intention of "terrorizing" anyone...

    Lighten up Francis.

    I like to believe the kid was trying to hurt a cyclist. You can't tell me otherwise.

  60. #60
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B.
    LOL!
    What are you, a lawyer or the kids parents (or the dumb kid)?
    No, I'm just being impartial instead of indicting the kid on emotional anecdote. Also, I see no need for you to insult be simply because I am being impartial. It is uncalled for and low brow.

    Regardless, he (you) opened the door and stuck his (your) head out and BAM.
    Like they say, you can't fix stupid. Enjoy your day there Frosty.
    Again. Who has said that it was not stupid? No one. But it is not funny and to say the kid deserved it due to knee-jerk reaction is hardly being fair. Stupid? Indeed. No one is arguing that.

    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nuffink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    768
    Frosty.

    Tell us about how the wanker died again. I laughed my tits off at that one.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nuffink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    768
    And on an even lighter note, how do I produce an animated avatar of that wanker's face hitting the bumper over and over again?

  63. #63
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro
    Lighten up Francis.

    I like to believe the kid was trying to hurt a cyclist. You can't tell me otherwise.
    That is fine. I don't believe that I know what he was trying to do or not. I am not making that assuption based on the lack of evidence provided in the video as it would be ridiculous to do so.

    If you want to go fanatical and believe something due to your emotions and what you "want", then feel free. It doesn't mean that there is anything provided to substantiate your belief.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  64. #64
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja
    I watched the video.

    Traveling behind someone on a bicycle in a car with the intention of hitting them either with the car or with your hand is likely to result in the death of the person on the bicycle.
    What in the video makes you believe he was trying to hurt anyone at all? You have NO IDEA what his intentions were or were not. Not by watching the video you don't. You can assume anything you like, but there is nothing in the video that will substantiate your claim.

    In the somewhat garbled interview with the person who was supposedly in the car with the kid who fell out, that was exactly what they were trying to do.
    So now you are citing evidence that has NOT been provided in this thread? Not a lot poeple can do about that now is there? Please provide the video evidence of the interview.

    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  65. #65
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Another possibility is that you are trolling looking for another E-argument to try to show how clever you think you are .
    Everything to you is SUCH a big deal. OMG... someone is discussing something in a thread that I don't agree with so I MUST call him a troll because it is SUCH A BIG DEAL.

    This is not a big deal. It is not a big deal if I argue that there is nothing "funny" about the video. If is quite alright if I would like to discuss why people are so quick to leap "facts" regarding intent when the video clearly does NOT show intent. It does not show what the intent was one way or the other.

    Again... not a big deal if I want to discuss it. If you can't HANDLE this discussion, then maybe you need to avoid it. Either way, please stop coming into threads simply to talk junk on me or someone else. If you have nothing to offer but your petty personal attacks, then please move on. It is simply uncalled for. You don't have to let me bother you.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  66. #66
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,428
    That Karma ran right over his Dogma....
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

  67. #67
    Pimpmobile
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    What in the video makes you believe he was trying to hurt anyone at all? You have NO IDEA what his intentions were or were not. Not by watching the video you don't. You can assume anything you like, but there is nothing in the video that will substantiate your claim.


    I don't think you watched the video at all... Watch the beginning, at full speed, you can CLEARLY see the kid, hanging out the door and the camera following the bike.



    Face full of Buick!
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

  68. #68
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSharks
    Two troll topic.
    I've yet to Ignore(ban) Frosty...he's too funny
    love this guy!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  69. #69
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Everything to you is SUCH a big deal. OMG... someone is discussing something in a thread that I don't agree with so I MUST call him a troll because it is SUCH A BIG DEAL.

    This is not a big deal. It is not a big deal if I argue that there is nothing "funny" about the video. If is quite alright if I would like to discuss why people are so quick to leap "facts" regarding intent when the video clearly does NOT show intent. It does not show what the intent was one way or the other.

    Again... not a big deal if I want to discuss it. If you can't HANDLE this discussion, then maybe you need to avoid it. Either way, please stop coming into threads simply to talk junk on me or someone else. If you have nothing to offer but your petty personal attacks, then please move on. It is simply uncalled for. You don't have to let me bother you.



    Troll's don't bother me a bit . A troll is a troll , every time .

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jason B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    What in the video makes you believe he was trying to hurt anyone at all? You have NO IDEA what his intentions were or were not. Not by watching the video you don't. You can assume anything you like, but there is nothing in the video that will substantiate your claim.



    So now you are citing evidence that has NOT been provided in this thread? Not a lot poeple can do about that now is there? Please provide the video evidence of the interview.

    Spoken like a true lawyer. You must have represented this kid.

    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, guess what... go watch the video again counselor.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Troll's don't bother me a bit . A troll is a troll , every time .

    And does not seem to change no matter how often you look in the mirror. Which I cannot help noticing that you and a handful of others on here love that word while trolling nearly ever discussion tossing around the word liberally with anyone who disagree's with you, how mature.


    Lets look over what we know, kid reaches out car while hanging out door, according to all the information that is known based upon the kids supposed initial posting, he was trying to slap the cyclist on the back of the melon, yea I cannot Imagine a teenger doing something like that, I mean why didnt he just use a hammer? Crazy

    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...11&postcount=1
    So from the website we have this.

    "and what he liked to do as a joke was smack them in the back of the head, they always do it to each other. So i thought it would be funny to film it,"

    And this
    "he rolled down the window and was gonna reach out and smack him, but since the new cars windows only go half way down, he couldent reach. So he opened the door, and was hanging onto the door, but..the kid on the bike swerved in closer, and mullet lost his balence after the door hit the back of his bike seat, and fell off."


    So any reasonable adult can read this and hypothosise that everything written is completely logical and no malice was initially ment at all.

    Or does the

    HE WAS TRYING TO KILL THE CYCLIST!!!! we know this because we are cyclists!!!!!!

    make more sense to you?

  72. #72
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    ...edited for politics...
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  73. #73
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,428
    Ok, let's use the word TOOL here...there is obviously two residing on this thread...and you know who you are.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jason B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    There may have been no intent as far as harm goes - like with most "horseplay" incidents, trying to be a funny wise ass got him in the end.

    So he knocked the kid off his bike, probably did some damage to the bike and the car he was in (from door hitting bike as they admitted to in the thread linked above) and from the parked car (why was he even on the wrong side of the road driving).

    Did he get what he deserved? Looks like it from my chair. Work is done, I'm going home, thanks for making the last hour go by a tad quicker.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nuffink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...11&postcount=1
    So from the website we have this.

    "and what he liked to do as a joke was smack them in the back of the head, they always do it to each other. So i thought it would be funny to film it,"

    And this
    "he rolled down the window and was gonna reach out and smack him, but since the new cars windows only go half way down, he couldent reach. So he opened the door, and was hanging onto the door, but..the kid on the bike swerved in closer, and mullet lost his balence after the door hit the back of his bike seat, and fell off."
    Well that's clearly a load of bollocks. Frosty told us he died.

    In Frosty we trust.

  76. #76
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Please provide the video evidence of the interview.

    You're kidding right? Nothing ever happend before there was video to document it?

    OK now I'm calling Troll.

  77. #77
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr
    And does not seem to change no matter how often you look in the mirror. Which I cannot help noticing that you and a handful of others on here love that word while trolling nearly ever discussion tossing around the word liberally with anyone who disagree's with you, how mature.


    Lets look over what we know, kid reaches out car while hanging out door, according to all the information that is known based upon the kids supposed initial posting, he was trying to slap the cyclist on the back of the melon, yea I cannot Imagine a teenger doing something like that, I mean why didnt he just use a hammer? Crazy

    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...11&postcount=1
    So from the website we have this.

    "and what he liked to do as a joke was smack them in the back of the head, they always do it to each other. So i thought it would be funny to film it,"

    And this
    "he rolled down the window and was gonna reach out and smack him, but since the new cars windows only go half way down, he couldent reach. So he opened the door, and was hanging onto the door, but..the kid on the bike swerved in closer, and mullet lost his balence after the door hit the back of his bike seat, and fell off."


    So any reasonable adult can read this and hypothosise that everything written is completely logical and no malice was initially ment at all.

    Or does the

    HE WAS TRYNG TO KILL THE CYCLIST!!!!I we know this because we are cyclists!!!!!!

    make more sense to you?

    So you profess to know what frosty the snowman meant , or are you hypothesizing ? You post that "HE WAS TRYNG TO KILL THE CYCLIST!!!!I" Were you there ? Do you have first hand knowledge of this event that you are not sharing ? Or , are you making very broad generalizations and then are going to try to argue the minutia as usual ? Out , Blurr back on ignore list .

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Everything to you is SUCH a big deal. OMG... someone is discussing something in a thread that I don't agree with so I MUST call him a troll because it is SUCH A BIG DEAL.

    This is not a big deal. It is not a big deal if I argue that there is nothing "funny" about the video. If is quite alright if I would like to discuss why people are so quick to leap "facts" regarding intent when the video clearly does NOT show intent. It does not show what the intent was one way or the other.

    Again... not a big deal if I want to discuss it. If you can't HANDLE this discussion, then maybe you need to avoid it. Either way, please stop coming into threads simply to talk junk on me or someone else. If you have nothing to offer but your petty personal attacks, then please move on. It is simply uncalled for. You don't have to let me bother you.

    My last visit to this site was on 05-20-2010. I have stopped going to most forums due to people like you. This was the first (and last) thread I looked at; it looks like I came back to soon. I'm outta here. Happy biking to all
    Gun Control Fights Crime Like Gasoline Fights Fire

  79. #79
    BMX:Our Shining Future
    Reputation: davidarnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    875

    yes i a door thee

    deeer

    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    "That was a-door-able."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Instant karma for a ****** bag-4b318247721b1.jpg  


  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: h82crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    177
    It's entertaining to see how some people will try and frost a turd. Probably because of a guilty conscience. The world is becoming a turd pie because too many people are being "impartial". How about this idea? Lets call out and label evil as it is and become partial to good.

    The same ones who demand video evidence don't believe what they see once its in front of them. There's video here and then a barrage of "maybe" and what "if followed". Really? Trying to get more people to sit on that fence with you? And they wonder why there are lawyer jokes.

    "In order for evil to succeed it's only necessary that good men do nothing."

    I ask myself now why I wasted my time here.

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by h82crash
    It's entertaining to see how some people will try and frost a turd. Probably because of a guilty conscience. The world is becoming a turd pie because too many people are being "impartial". How about this idea? Lets call out and label evil as it is and become partial to good.

    The same ones who demand video evidence don't believe what they see once its in front of them. There's video here and then a barrage of "maybe" and what "if followed". Really? Trying to get more people to sit on that fence with you? And they wonder why there are lawyer jokes.

    "In order for evil to succeed it's only necessary that good men do nothing."

    I ask myself now why I wasted my time here.


    "How fortunate for Leaders that men do not think" Adolf Hitler

  82. #82
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink
    Frosty.

    Tell us about how the wanker died again. I laughed my tits off at that one.
    I heard the guy died... like years ago when it happened. I'm glad he didn't die.

    I am not sure why you thought it was funny. It is not the appropriate reaction to have.

    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nuffink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    768
    True. I'm a bad person.

    In mitigation It wasn't my initial reaction. My initial reaction was...

    OMFG! THAT PLANK OF A TROLL IS TRYING TO TURN A MINDLESS YOUTUBE VID INTO A MORAL CRUSADE LULZ! ROFL! HAHAHAHAHA LMAO!

    But then I pulled myself together and reminded myself that I'm not a 13 year old tartrazine addict. Then I laughed my tits off.

    Keep up the good work

  84. #84
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink
    True. I'm a bad person.

    In mitigation It wasn't my initial reaction. My initial reaction was...

    OMFG! THAT PLANK OF A TROLL IS TRYING TO TURN A MINDLESS YOUTUBE VID INTO A MORAL CRUSADE LULZ! ROFL! HAHAHAHAHA LMAO!

    But then I pulled myself together and reminded myself that I'm not a 13 year old tartrazine addict. Then I laughed my tits off.

    Keep up the good work


    Noice ,

  85. #85
    More carbon fiber please!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    684
    Lol at Frosty Da Troll. Hook, line, and sinker.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    No, I'm just being impartial instead of indicting the kid on emotional anecdote.
    Emotional anecdote. Awesome. This thread has gone full deconstruction postmodern.

    Please, elucidate the formative dialectic at it's most transgressive.

  87. #87
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    deeer
    dave, you RARELY let me down


    sometimes B's look like R's....
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jason B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    I heard the guy died... like years ago when it happened.
    What? You posting he died and you had no video evidence to back up your claim? Shame on you.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    deeer
    sweet, sweet, s a w e e e t

  90. #90
    Newt Guy
    Reputation: FrostyStruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B.
    What? You posting he died and you had no video evidence to back up your claim? Shame on you.
    I'm sorry, but I had vicarious information from years ago that the kid died. I will take your word for it that it was wrong. Afteral, it really makes no difference to the discussion at hand.

    I'm not really sure there is anything to be "shameful" about, but okie dokie...



    Some of you need to have the term and concept of "dignity" explained to you as many of your reactions are simply out of control in relation to the topic and what has been said.

    Really... it is not big deal. Settle down a bit. Take some deep breaths. You don't have to always defend yourself. You don't have to always be on edge. You don't have to agree with everyone or anyone and they don't have to with you. Lern to enjoy it.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    657
    This whole "Jackass" frat boy attitude of these people will be the downfall of our society. Even if it was a freind he was going to hit, if my freinds did that, I'd be shopping for new freinds.

    Good riddence. I'm glad he didn't die, but maybe it knocked some sense into the now mis-shapened head of his.

    Rock
    Last edited by Rock; 08-13-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

  92. #92
    I'm just messing with you
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    This whole "Jackass" frat boy attitude of these people will be the downfall of our society.
    That's pretty mild (other than the ending) compared to the time we were driving behind an SUV down a 4-lane 65-mph highway, and a guy opened the side door, worked his way up to stepping out while hanging on to the door, and surfed the pavement.

    Like this, only hanging onto the SUV door, instead of a sport bike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvW-zhSIm2I
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

  93. #93
    Hail Satin!
    Reputation: chewymilk99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    215
    I don't know. I just cant help thinking of how stupid the driver was for driving that close to a parked car. Or not just jamming on the brakes when he had seen the door guy was hanging out. It is funny though. But in that "I need to go take a shower after laughting at it" way.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Again. Who has said that it was not stupid? No one. But it is not funny and to say the kid deserved it due to knee-jerk reaction is hardly being fair. Stupid? Indeed. No one is arguing that.
    The kid DID deserve it. He was being stupid and got the full recompense of that stupidity. He is a human being, he has a brain and therefore the ability to process information and make informed decisions. He chose to open the door, he chose to try to lean out of a moving car, and he got every bit of the outcome he deserved in light of those actions. I am sick of the societal push to ignore or replace personal responsibility with excuses. He chose the actions, there is no other person, reason, or factor to excuse the consequences of his actions. So YES he did deserve it.

    What if he had cause the kid on the bike to swerve in front of that car and get hurt the same way or worse? I suppose you would say that wasn't his fault either cause it was his friend and they always did it so it was totally ok. NO IT WASN'T. Repetition of stupidity is still stupidity. Do I feel bad that he got hurt, yes I do, but that doesn't diminish in any way he fully deserved what he got, there are consequences to our actions and NOONE deserves to get out of them (granted sometimes we are blessed to avoid them but that doesn't mean we don't deserve them nonetheless). I can only hope that it knocked some of the common sense and intelligence he was obviously lacking into his head and he will seriously give thought to the consequences of his actions from this point on.
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth"
    - Albert Einstein

  95. #95
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    That's pretty mild (other than the ending) compared to the time we were driving behind an SUV down a 4-lane 65-mph highway, and a guy opened the side door, worked his way up to stepping out while hanging on to the door, and surfed the pavement.

    Like this, only hanging onto the SUV door, instead of a sport bike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvW-zhSIm2I
    Yup. Done that. Not at 65mph, maybe 45 or so. You know, your boots will start smoking after a while. Bumper skied behind the school bus all the time too.

    I fully expected all my friends to laugh if I crashed too. That happened all the time. You'd hit a manhole cover and it would send you flying.

    Kids do stupid things, they always have.

    It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's fricken' hilarious!

  96. #96
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyStruthers
    Wasn't funny when everyone found out that kid was dead.
    So you get to spew unsubstantiated speculation based on internet rumor but nobody else does? I get it.
    I heard he was trying to kill the cyclist and had killed 3 others the same way... that day... blindfolded. That's what's not funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    ....
    darn! you beat me to it!!

    Name:  925262-troll.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  26.1 KB
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    540
    My first reaction was, wow that could have ended bad for both of them. Then after watching it again, I said to myself, WHAT IF the driver had pulled closer to the kid on the bike, that car door could have broke his back. I'm glad to see karma at it's best, keeping the world a better place for people with sense! Like stated earlier, if those were my "friends", the first thing on my to do list would be to find some new ones!
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by ntlarson
    The kid DID deserve it. He was being stupid and got the full recompense of that stupidity. He is a human being, he has a brain and therefore the ability to process information and make informed decisions. He chose to open the door, he chose to try to lean out of a moving car, and he got every bit of the outcome he deserved in light of those actions. I am sick of the societal push to ignore or replace personal responsibility with excuses. He chose the actions, there is no other person, reason, or factor to excuse the consequences of his actions. So YES he did deserve it.
    So its safe to say that being a MTN biker and riding probably a little beyond what you should and laughing having a good time while you are doing it that you deserve to have your back broken and be otherwise seriously inured because you are after all an adult capable of rational thought and you understand that you are doing a dangerous activity and certainly because of said activity you deserve what you get, that is what you are saying right?

    What if he had cause the kid on the bike to swerve in front of that car and get hurt the same way or worse? I suppose you would say that wasn't his fault either cause it was his friend and they always did it so it was totally ok. NO IT WASN'T. Repetition of stupidity is still stupidity. Do I feel bad that he got hurt, yes I do, but that doesn't diminish in any way he fully deserved what he got, there are consequences to our actions and NOONE deserves to get out of them (granted sometimes we are blessed to avoid them but that doesn't mean we don't deserve them nonetheless). I can only hope that it knocked some of the common sense and intelligence he was obviously lacking into his head and he will seriously give thought to the consequences of his actions from this point on.
    Karma is a *****, and hypocrites and other self righteous Dbags who pretend they do nothing out of the ordinary are by far the worst, so ya, I will laugh and point when the lot of you get "what is coming to you"

    why not, seems to be the mature thing in today's world.

  100. #100
    Pimpmobile
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    487
    Geez!

    How complicated things can get in the internetZ


    The kid did something incredibly stupid.

    The kid got hurt.


    I've had a mouthfull of dirt from trying something outside my skill level, but I didn't try to blame my bike, or the trail for it. And yes, my buddies did laugh a bit... after they made sure they didn't have to carry me back to the truck.
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.