If your want to do this year's Test of Metal in Squamish- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

If your want to do this year's Test of Metal in Squamish

get on it. They just sent out an e-mail saying it is selling out fast. Entry opened up on New Years day and they have sold 650 of the 800 spots already. Last year it sold out in March. They figure it will sell out tomorrow if not tonight. They had only sold 300 as of yesterday.

Feb 2004

One way in to the test of metal....

Quote Originally Posted by never_was
    get on it. They just sent out an e-mail saying it is selling out fast. Entry opened up on New Years day and they have sold 650 of the 800 spots already. Last year it sold out in March. They figure it will sell out tomorrow if not tonight. They had only sold 300 as of yesterday.

bikeroom.com has a free pass giving away in late Feb, see the main page

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by loureedthevelvet

Interesting that they are able to do that considering the rules for the T.O.M. clearly state that the entries are non-transferrable.

Didnt bikeroom used to be airbomb?

mtbr member

Oh nooo...

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Interesting that they are able to do that considering the rules for the T.O.M. clearly state that the entries are non-transferrable.

I've read a lot of threads over on NSMB about bikeroom.com. Would not be suprised that they tried to do something "against the rules".
    "Without the ability to make moral distinctions based on motive, consequences, the ethical constructs of various parties, everything is equal, and you end up with people like Woody Allen: a tiny speck of compacted narcissism, revolving around the dead sun in an empty universe." - James Lileks

Feb 2004

Test Of Metal Sponsor

looks like bikeroom is sponsoring the event

http://www.testofmetal.com/sponsor.html

Yummy

Not quite. The Canadian Airbomb went bankrupt. Then sometime later, the same owners rose out of the ashes and started Bikeroom. Technically a different company. But still similar tricks, ie:

http://www.e13components.com/archives/000023.html

Kn.
    I used to be with it. Then, they changed what "it" is, and now what I'm with is no longer "it". And whatever "it" is, is strange and confusing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by K'Endo
    Not quite. The Canadian Airbomb went bankrupt. Then sometime later, the same owners rose out of the ashes and started Bikeroom. Technically a different company. But still similar tricks, ie:

http://www.e13components.com/archives/000023.html

Kn.
    Good find Ken, I had never noticed that over on the E13 website.

My one and only dealing with them was in an attempt to purchase a King hub. They went charged my credit card, 3 months later still no hub. They then said they refunded the money on my card. After another 2 weeks with no refund I contacted Visa told them to reverse the charge. No problem. About 6 weeks after that BR went and charged my again. Evidently stock had arrived (although they had not shipped to me). I contacted Visa, had the charges reversed and told them to not accept any charges from those bozo's on my card again.

Your Customer Sales Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by loureedthevelvet
    Hey, I got a better idea ... anybody want to ride the race route? You can have a killer after-ride dinner & beer at the Shady Tree an still have a few bucks left over to spend at the Tantalus Bike Shop with the $70 you will have jangling in your pockets. D.
    You be you. I'll be riding.

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan!
    Hey, I got a better idea ... anybody want to ride the race route? You can have a killer after-ride dinner & beer at the Shady Tree an still have a few bucks left over to spend at the Tantalus Bike Shop with the $70 you will have jangling in your pockets. D.
    Sounds good - since I'm in Toronto on the weekend of the TOM every year.
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Yummy
    Good find Ken, I had never noticed that over on the E13 website.

My one and only dealing with them was in an attempt to purchase a King hub. They went charged my credit card, 3 months later still no hub. They then said they refunded the money on my card. After another 2 weeks with no refund I contacted Visa told them to reverse the charge. No problem. About 6 weeks after that BR went and charged my again. Evidently stock had arrived (although they had not shipped to me). I contacted Visa, had the charges reversed and told them to not accept any charges from those bozo's on my card again.
    Noel's friend is going through a similar process with something he ordered. B/R charged, didn't ship. Phoned Visa. Visa says that online and mail-order retailers are required to enter an agreement with Visa that they won't make any charges to customers until they ship. Once the charge is made, the retailer is obligated to ship within 10 days.

So, B/R is violating their agreement with Visa, and screwing customers and suppliers. I can't see the business lasting much longer.

Kn.
    I used to be with it. Then, they changed what "it" is, and now what I'm with is no longer "it". And whatever "it" is, is strange and confusing.

Yummy
    Well I'll do that anyway at least a couple of times before race day. But, there's still a cool atmosphere about doing it race day. The buzz, the 800 rider mass start, the sound of 1600 mtb tires in one big group on the blacktop at the start, the foolish people trying the pull passes on Jack's trail, etc etc.

Kn.

mtbr member

I definately wanna ride the race route. If you are offering to guide I will drive us up to squamish.....

mtbr member
    As an aside, look out for team Knolly: we have 12 people competing in the race this year, all on their V-tach freeride bikes. We won't be fast on the climbs, but watch out if you're in front of us on the Plunge!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com
    As an aside, look out for team Knolly: we have 12 people competing in the race this year, all on their V-tach freeride bikes. We won't be fast on the climbs, but watch out if you're in front of us on the Plunge!
    We are planning on riding 12 abreast for the entire ride right......

Took my beast out for a ride today with Bryan, Tarpon, and Kendo. Was kinda fun going down the trails 4 V-tachs in a row. OK more like them 3 then me tagging along way behind while I tried to convince my mind that I was not going to pitchfork and spike my head into the ground every time I put my front wheel into anything.

Trails are in amazing condition. Appears lots of trail work is happening to get into tip top shape for your return!

TJ