mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Great music made by mountain biker...

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that if you like ambient/experimental electronic music, you might enjoy music by Soleil Vert.... he is a mountain biker and inspired by the beauty of nature... and the destruction of it by mankind and technology!

You can listen to his music for free at:

Soleil Vert on Last.fm

The last album came out in March 2008 and has our current era of fossil fuel usage as a theme...

I am sure some of you are like-minded and will enjoy the music. It is all instrumental and perfect for relaxing.

Have fun!

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    It's all instrumental...yet uses fossil fuels as a theme?

I always thought instrumental was the theme of what the listener wanted it to be...not what it was marketed as...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    And of course is made entirely possible by fossil fuel powered technology. It's all digital synthesizers....and a more soulless composition would be hard to find. I am surprised (not really) at all the people railing against technology and it's "destruction of nature" from the keyboards of their computers.

yeah, uh............bikes
    Soleil Vert is French people!!!!!!

pretty trippy stuff. I gave it a listen, but it's just not my thing.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I can't believe I paused Iron Maiden's "The Clansman" to listen to that. I want my 30 seconds back.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    ZOMG guys you've gotta listen to my buddies band. They are a earth loving, super-green, mountain biking group of musicians in their mid-20's, blonde haired, and the drummer is a girl!

Anything else I missed that would help you identify with my buddies band?

Members who have read this thread: 0