A great day, not the best day... a great day- Mtbr.com
    Sofa King We Todd Did

A great day, not the best day... a great day

By sheer coincidence, my riding buddy and I took off from work yesterday. He - to play hooky and get some ride time in simply because he can; me - I had a midday errand to run that would've made it silly for me to go into the office for any amount of time.

So first thing in the morning, I ride over to his house to ask for my arm warmers back that he'd borrowed.
    "What're you up to, mate?"
    "Not much, just getting started on my day."
    "I'm going to take a quick sprint this morning. Wanna come with me?" I ask him.
    "Hmm..."
    "Stop thinking, just go back into the house and change and meet me in 10 minutes."
    "OK."

And so we did. On geared hardtails, we knocked off about a 14 mile ride. Came back to town, stuffed our faced with a bacon & egg sandwich each, and went out merry ways. All by 11am.

I ran off to run my errands and got back my 1:30pm. I called my buddy back.
    "Dude, I just got back. Wanna go riding again?"
    (I could feel what he was thinking: does the pope crap in the woods?)
    "Sure!"

We met up 45 minutes later and bolted to a different trail. Different bikes this time: he on a burly geared full-susser, me on a singlespeed. This time, we were on a mission. We had to ride fast. We were both eager to get in, out and home before it got dark, around 5pm. So rode, and we pushed, and pushed some more. The 16 mile ride that typically takes 2.5 to 3 hours got done in 2 hours flat. But we pushed so hard that within two miles from home, we both were forced to pull off to the parking lot of a nearby church, hop off the bikes and carry out some emergency self-massages 'cause we started cramping up hard. I had it worse. The muscles just above my knees felt like they were about explode right out of my legs. It hurt so much I thought I was going to cry. But after a few minutes, we loosened up again, and finished the ride home.

And when we got back to town, we both proudly declared that this was a great day. The only thing that could've made it better would be the same thing that would make anything in the world better - a steak and a bl0wjob. And I knew I was having tacos for dinner, not steak. So we resigned to ourselves to having a great day, and went back to spend the rest of the day with our respective families.

A great day. Not the best day (which would've involved said steak and hummer). But a great day.

mtbr member
    lol

yeah, just a great day then... if you say so.
    I need to go out n ride.

NedwannaB

Two rides in a day?

Slackers!!!! You don't deserve a t-bone & a bj!

Great post! You even had me cramping sitting here reading about the end of ride #2. A good day indeed, various trails on various steads, what more do you want??

BTW, who was in charge of the steak and which one of you was in charge of the hummer!! Heh....

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    A good day indeed, various trails on various steads, what more do you want??
    Steak and a blowj0b. Of which I got neither. Nuts.

NedwannaB

Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by SpinWheelz
    Steak and a blowj0b. Of which I got neither. Nuts.
    ...my condolences. Where are my priorities???.......

Love them double ride days, specially when you're playing hookie from work. I just missed out on a 2nd ride w/my bro (on my single speed as well!) Got 20+ in though on the gearie. Have to get to a soccer tourney for my little one.

Members who have read this thread: 0