Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This place needs an enema

Goose with the guys.

A few weeks ago I met some friends, old and new, down in SW Utah. We'd loosely planned several days of riding, camping, lots of pictogeeking, and even a slot canyon.

But then the weather did what the weather does--made a mockery of our plans. We had one solid day of bluebird, but the others were filled with rain, sleet, snow, blustery winds, and more cold rain. We ended up shelving the slot canyon immediately--one look at the collective adipose of the guys I was with was enough to know that they'd have died in the water in those temps. (Skinny bastiges always ruin stuff...) And we spent better than a day cooped up 'inside' at camp, watching the rain turn to sleet and snow and back.

In the brief moments of non-precip, we did our best to enjoy ourselves by hiking when it was too muddy to ride, riding when and where we could, not to mention shooting guns and even burning stuff. All good, solid, man-affirming things to be doing, especially in the presence of, um, other men.

Even with the 'downtime' due to precip, we managed to enjoy the hzeck outta ourselves, squeezing every last iota out of every minute we had.

Great, great stuff--thanks fellas.

MC
    Last edited by mikesee; 04-29-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Aaah, rock rolling. We used to do that a bit in Waimea Canyon when I was living on Kauai.

Wish I'd been biking wayyy back when I was living in SW Utah. All my backpacking memories will have to suffice.

Great stuff mikesee, as always. Keep the stoke coming.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks for sharing and nice looking FJ

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Awesome video! I just spent 2 days camping and riding there about a week ago with my dad and some friends, we had a great time.

fan of maple syrup
    Nice. I used to do that with big boulders off the cliff of a cutout for my old hometown's water storage reservoir. The big, deep booming CLANG as it hit the side of the tank followed by a swooshing sound as the water ripples effervesced en masse was always a great incentive to find an even bigger boulder.

mtbr member
    awesome video! i need to get back up there, havent been in years when i used to do a lot of backpacking.
    Diamondback Assault dirt jumper, hayes, shimano, saint, etc...
    Trailhound Smokers, competition BBQ team.

mtbr member
    I'm never going to post any of my lame videos. Some of you guys do such a great job with them.....I keep waiting for a Subaru or Jeep logo to pop up. Good job....looked like a lot of fun.

Team Fearless Descender
    Mike,

Was just out at Goose / Little Creek this past (Easter) weekend. The weather was threatening but held off for us. Beautiful video and stills. You knew someone was going to say it, and I知 always the last to do it, but I知 not sure pushing huge boulders off cliffs is exactly the thing to be doing? They値l all fall off one day.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Off topic but how do you like the FJ? I've been debating one for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by El Salt
    I知 not sure pushing huge boulders off cliffs is exactly the thing to be doing? They値l all fall off one day.
    Clearly you haven't tried it. Give it a shot and tell me that it doesn't feel like *exactly* the thing to be doing. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

MC

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    that was the best amateur photography i think i've ever seen. mighty fine.
    breezy shade

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Clearly you haven't tried it. Give it a shot and tell me that it doesn't feel like *exactly* the thing to be doing. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

MC

"...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Throwing rocks off of cliffs is not cool!

http://trib.com/news/top_story/artic...bbad39696.html

Nice vid, though.
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 04-28-2011 at 09:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Fantastic! I watch MTB videos all of the time and usually skip away after 30 seconds of super jumbly helmet cam (I'm guilty myself of making those vids!). I was riveted to your video.

curious...what music is that?

Lone Wolf McQuade
    I love you're videos but this one kinda pissed me off.

Basically littering someone else's canyon lands with bright orange clay pigeons? Tearing out rocks and boulders from the natural cliffs that people come from all around the world to be around, ride and enjoy? I think it's not very respectful, I'm sure you wouldn't want people doing these things on your local trails................not cool IMO

I really do love your videos though.

Matt
    I should be out riding....

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Throwing rocks off of cliffs is not cool!

http://trib.com/news/top_story/artic...bbad39696.html

Nice vid, though.
    wow...i am naive on this concept i will admit but sounds like mtbr has enlightened us upon an entirely new level of idiocy for sure.

the sound of cars crashing i bet sounds cool to these people as well...how bout dropping rocks off of freeway overpasses to get even more bang for the buck! seriously, idiots

Gear Whore
    That was a great video, loved the mix of photo and video...such great photo's too....really inspiring.

100% fuzz, 0% melody
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beagledadi
    ...this one kinda pissed me off.

Basically littering someone else's canyon lands with bright orange clay pigeons? Tearing out rocks and boulders from the natural cliffs that people come from all around the world to be around, ride and enjoy? I think it's not very respectful, I'm sure you wouldn't want people doing these things on your local trails................not cool IMO
    Agree completely.

The urge to destroy and break stuff is human, sure. It's adolescent human. Kinda embarrassing for a man of Mr C's age, if you ask me. I could do some psychoanalysis of this impulse but I'll refrain.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash T. Abula
    Agree completely.

The urge to destroy and break stuff is human, sure. It's adolescent human. Kinda embarrassing for a man of Mr C's age, if you ask me. I could do some psychoanalysis of this impulse but I'll refrain.
    i agree. Mr C, even age adjusted, has surpassed the peurile behaviors of MTBR's other living legend, a la Aquathrowsrocksonclimbers

keepin' it rural

I agree...

I had the same reaction. As a local to these trails as well, i felt a little pissed about the clay pigeon litter, and i understand the urge to roll a rock or two when standing at the edge of the cliffs, but dislodging big chunks, that's just bad form. Gooseberry is a mixture of public, state and private land, we'd appreciate you not screwing it up for us.

the videos are great, reminds me why i enjoy riding out there...sans the dippshit stuff.

Matt

I like bikes
    It is only ok to roll boulders down a canyon if you ride a Lenz.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Inches
    It is only ok to roll boulders down a canyon if you ride a Lenz.
    you may be right. and fortunately padre was not there to make matters worse. though if he was, i am sure he would have corrected Mr. C on his improper rock throwing form.

why is it that MTBR legends, mostly living, are the most full of sin?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goose with the guys.-tscheezy-whale-huck.jpg  

11 is one louder than 10
    Nice pictures. Not sure throwing/pushing rocks off the mountain screams of common sense though.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

mtbr member
    What a bunch of asshats...mikesee redefines the term

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Looks fun. Nice images and video. Were there loud campers below...what's with the rocks/boulders being dropped at every opportunity?

wannabee

Matt
    Like he said. I like the stuff you usually post up. Not this one. Let the land do it's own thing and stop polluting. Sorry. GBB

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Cool vid. The clays didn't bother me (they degrade very quickly) but the throwing of boulders (and in general) having no respect for the land, did.

Hi.
    Beautiful pics and vids. Makes me wish I had more free time to explore with the MTB .

rr
    I don't do PC
    Do you guys need a tissue?, what do you think happens to all those rocks they were tossing anyways? Has any of you E whiners actually ridden goose and looked over the edge of the mesa?, guess what?, rocks and tons of em. A single rainstorm probably has 100x the impact, and what about those poor rocks that get stained by our tire rubber, oh the humanity!

There's reality, then there's MTBR

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Do you guys need a tissue?, what do you think happens to all those rocks they were tossing anyways? Has any of you E whiners actually ridden goose and looked over the edge of the mesa?, guess what?, rocks and tons of em. A single rainstorm probably has 100x the impact, and what about those poor rocks that get stained by our tire rubber, oh the humanity!

if i ever see you rock climbing below, i wont be as shallow as other morons by throwing rocks that may kill you, but i will definitely take a dump on you

It's a slugfest!
    I agree with the remarks about bad form. Especially the using of a stick as a pry-bar. Correct form is back to canyon, both hands on rock, upward pull.

JK. I agree with what others have posted. Both in this thread, and on the internet.

The still photos were amazing. I was also excited when I saw water on the camera lens...that meant something exciting was going to happen. One cannot relax for one second on Grafton...

-SS
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    All I have to say is that if I had been on Goose that day an rode up on you vandalizing like that, I would have slapped the ***** out of you. You are ignorant and disrespectful and lucky you didn't kill someone.
    Forget big air and railing the corners, and enjoy a slower, more technical ride.

Apr 2007
    Tread lightly, *******.

At least it's a good thing that mountain bikers don't have a bad rep as it is in this state, and there are absolutely zero threats of trail closures.

Some lame mayor down South has already voiced her opinion publicly of "reckless and dangerous" mountain bikers, and has been pulling to close some of the trails down there already. Let's not give them more ammo.

mtbr member
    Wow. Betcha didn't expect that uproar. I'm not too concerned with the rearranging of a couple of boulders other than what some enviro-nazi with their panties in a bunch might make of it and use against us. Maybe it's just the parent in me but if it were my son I'd've told him to knock it off... there might be hikers below (probably not... but it's plausible). And if he wasn't with me.... I'd probably be knocking a few off myself (after checking for hikers, of course ).

Way to make good use of the uncooperative conditions. Made for some stellar lighting and cloud shots. Loved the time lapsed shots.

SW UT has been very stinky weather-wise this Winter/Spring. Every time I go down there this year it's either raining our snowing it seems.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Really I am that slow
    Ummm thanks for trowing rocks.... that can get you in trouble in the state of UT.... please please respect our trails even when bored with the wet weather

Expected more from yah MikeC
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Maybe it's just the parent in me but if it were my son I'd've told him to knock it off... there might be hikers below (probably not... but it's plausible). And if he wasn't with me.... I'd probably be knocking a few off myself (after checking for hikers, of course ).
    When you get right down to it, that's essentially what we were doing--behaving like little boys. On occasion that's not only necessary but downright therapeutic.

Did we hurt anyone? Nope, not even close.

Did we cause the dreaded, deadly, insidious erosion? Tee hee. Anyone that believes that we did has a pretty narrow field of view, and could benefit from a little less computer time and a little more fresh air. You know--out in the rocks, with a written primer that gives some sense of geomorphology and geologic time.

As to all of the e-criticism and gol-ding-dang chest thumping being thrown around here, it's worth mentioning that *the entirety*of that video represented a literal .0013 percent of the time we spent up there that weekend. If you're comfortable passing judgment on someone's actions based on that amount of observation, via a video slideshow on the internet...

...well, I'm still laughing. Zero regrets about anything that happened up there that weekend. Given the chance I'd not change a thing.

I suspect that there'll come a day when the verbal dry humpings of the MTBR ambulance chasing crowd will factor into my daily actions.

I suspect that day to be written on a fairly distant calendar. And yeah, I'm thinking in geologic time...

Good weekend.

MC

mtbr member
    When you get right down to it, that's essentially what we were doing--behaving like little boys. On occasion that's not only necessary but downright therapeutic.

Did we cause the dreaded, deadly, insidious erosion? Tee hee. Anyone that believes that we did has a pretty narrow field of view, and could benefit from a little less computer time and a little more fresh air. You know--out in the rocks, with a written primer that gives some sense of geomorphology and geologic time.

As to all of the e-criticism and gol-ding-dang chest thumping being thrown around here, it's worth mentioning that *the entirety*of that video represented a literal .0013 percent of the time we spent up there that weekend. If you're comfortable passing judgment on someone's actions based on that amount of observation, via a video slideshow on the internet...

...well, I'm still laughing. Zero regrets about anything that happened up there that weekend. Given the chance I'd not change a thing.

I suspect that there'll come a day when the verbal dry humpings of the MTBR ambulance chasing crowd will factor into my daily actions.

I suspect that day to be written on a fairly distant calendar. And yeah, I'm thinking in geologic time...

Good weekend.

MC
    Somehow, I saw that coming. HAHA
    You should take yourself more seriously. Go ride the trails, leave no trace and do not touch anything that you do not have to.

I like bikes
    Next time toss a Lenz over the cliff........that would be good fun right there!

Really I am that slow

Upset

Good weekend.

MC
    Ok, well remember that next time i'm at lunch loops, kokpeli or up on the grand mesa....

Believe it or not mike but you do have an influence on folks and this is just poor form on not treading lightly. Your not the one at the s/w utah blm meetings asking for more trail and defending mtn biking in the area and or building trail....

As someone who makes his living off MTB'ing I expect you to be an example....
    Read my BLOG!

Apr 2007
    ...Anyone that believes that we did has a pretty narrow field of view,...
    I don't think we're the ones with the "narrow field of view." ONE incident of jack***** rolling rocks isn't going to make a big difference. Neither is ONE cigarette butt thrown onto the trail. ONE beer bottle. ONE shotgun shell.

Thing is, that ONE incident has been 1,000,000 times ago. So either grow up, or stay off the trails.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Ok, well remember that next time i'm at lunch loops, kokpeli or up on the grand mesa....

Believe it or not mike but you do have an influence on folks and this is just poor form on not treading lightly. Your not the one at the s/w utah blm meetings asking for more trail and defending mtn biking in the area and or building trail....

you sir...are FAR too mature for the internet! you speak way more gooder than I and speak the truth. I reiterate what you so eloquently said but add that these guys are pompous dewshbagz

BOYCOTT LACEMINE29!

100% fuzz, 0% melody
    Mar 2011
    Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Yet still, some on MTBR will continue to see you as a "hero" of some sort.

Which is more a commentary on their immaturity matching yours than it is any indicator of your heroism.

Oh, and PS to you, Curiak:

In a wider field of view -- you're not that great a rider, even though you have accomplished impressive stamina-related things. Your techy skills? Sorely lacking. Some of us were shredding Grafton and other more difficult trails back when you were still putting campstove fuel in your frame tubes. Some of us don't feel the need to promote ourselves as "heroes" despite our history preceding yours in these "techy riding" self-promotion pictures and videos you've posted over the past 18 mos or so. We don't need to brag on ourselves like you do.

Keep promoting yourself as a "hero," though. It's impressive.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    if i ever see you rock climbing below, i wont be as shallow as other morons by throwing rocks that may kill you, but i will definitely take a dump on you
    If you ever see me below Gooseberry mesa climbing up those rocks please skip taking a dump on me and just throw a big boulder on my head instead, as only a retard would be there and one less idiot in the world is a good thing.

Peace & Love
    If you ever see me below Gooseberry mesa climbing up those rocks please skip taking a dump on me and just throw a big boulder on my head instead, as only a retard would be there and one less idiot in the world is a good thing.
    dont tempt me and please dont try to detract from the issue at hand...and you will get no apologies from me for propertly badmouthing your hero mancrush - i see you have upgraded from aquaholic

rr
    I don't do PC
    dont tempt me and please dont try to detract from the issue at hand...and you will get no apologies from me for propertly badmouthing your hero mancrush - i see you have upgraded from aquaholic
    Just remember, if you do throw a rock off the cliff(that would of fallen off on it own anyways and just as likely to hit some moron on the cliffside) then your good reputation here on MTBR will be tarnished and no one will take you seriously.

Peace & Love
    Just remember, if you do throw a rock off the cliff(that would of fallen off on it own anyways and just as likely to hit some moron on the cliffside) then your good reputation here on MTBR will be tarnished and no one will take you seriously.
    i am not worried about my reptutation on MTBR. i am confident, almost arrogant, that people will still continue to overpay for my services but thanks for caring

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

100% fuzz, 0% melody
    Mar 2011
    "I'm so important, I get to use TWO parking spots!"

Peace & Love
    FAIL...it should be a Prius since of course a Prius is a means by which one can also profess to the world that they are better than others by virtue of not supporting terrorism like the rest of us with our gas guzzling machine

Peace & Love
    and you are a total hypocrite so please dont pretend you are on the correct side of the fence on this one. why dont you go out and destroy more user trails with your selfish stunt building that nobody but you appreciates....a$$wipe

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Blah, Blah, Blahbity, Blah Blah... why dont you go out and destroy more user trails with your selfish stunt building that nobody but you appreciates....a$$wipe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goose with the guys.-fo-roll.jpg  

100% fuzz, 0% melody
    Mar 2011
    Don't crush Fo's head with a bike! Do it this way:

Apr 2007
    Can you p-chop the OP's head in there as well? Better yet--maybe one of his head getting chucked down a cliff......by a rock.

Peace & Love
    again, a FAIL. coupled with the stickers on it, the skatelid laughs at you.

mtbr member
    May 2006

MC

Very bad form around here....

mtbr member
    You need an enema, Mikesee.

I like bikes

"actually ridden goose and looked over the edge of the mesa?, guess what?, rocks and tons of em"

Correct Rick!

There are also roads and hiking trails.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

F.Gump

rr
    I don't do PC
    Wrong, not within striking distance of the cliff sides at least, would be pretty stupid given the natural erosion that occurs there, which was my point.

giddy up!
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by donkey; 04-30-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    What about rolling a mountain biker off a cliff?

Cue Miles video in 3...2...1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrtOKtTPCAg
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    Wrong, not within striking distance of the cliff sides at least, would be pretty stupid given the natural erosion that occurs there, which was my point.
    RR, what's the harm in NOT rolling them off the cliff?

I'm not going to sit here and say it is or isn't dangerous. But did the OP really think he was not going to get some adverse reaction? I mean, are you really surprised that some folks are calling you out?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    RR, what's the harm in NOT rolling them off the cliff?

I'm not going to sit here and say it is or isn't dangerous. But did the OP really think he was not going to get some adverse reaction? I mean, are you really surprised that some folks are calling you out?
    save your energy...rretard is to moron as Mr C is to pompous

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What he said^

Hi.
    You guys are a bunch of babies. We roll WAY harder than mikesee and rroeder, or any of you tree-hugging eco babies on this thread:

Serious Rolling

Formerly known as...
    Yeah. That was pretty F-tarded. If everyone thought it was cool to push rocks off a cliff and litter clays all over the place, well... things would start looking the way things are starting to look. Thanks for crapping on our country. Sure, in geologic time scales, that crap is just going to fade into the dirt, but why crap up the place when you can choose to have fun in a way that doesn't.

mtbr member

Good weekend.

MC
    Craftsman, of the Sears sort for sure.
    Reading Features...
    Cracking Features...
    Assembling Features...

mtbr member

Good weekend.

MC
    zero regrets yet you took down the video. ok really stupid behavior. no excuses. its not treehuggers that are calling you out, it,s fellow riders. just stupid $h!t

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    breaking away from the topic du jour...the still photography is amazing. Stuff that BIKE magazine would print.

Apr 2007
    He took the video down. Ha ha, hilarious. You're still a d-bag for trying to shrug off idiotic actions that not only destroy the landscape, but may attribute to TRAIL CLOSURES. There are people down there fighting to do the exact opposite, and there you are, pulling a Tony Hayward acting like you did nothing wrong.

I will never buy from you---I don't support people that don't support the sport.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Enough!

It is time for the playground soap antics to stop. First of all, get your facts straight. Trying to destroy the business of Lenz when the guy was not there and the riders in that video are not affiliated with him financially is totally reckless and irresponsible behavior. Second of all, you scream destruction, but I cannot find any where evidence that a rock being pushed off a cliff has had an environmental impact. Third, skeets are bio-degradable. They addressed that issue YEARS ago. Fourth, you claim you don't want attention drawn to this because you are afraid of trail closures, but you start this inflammatory thread that will have everyone laughing and sending it to their friends. Lastly, if you want to persuade someone that you think their actions are irresponsible, well name calling, insulting their riding skills as you boast of your own, talking down your nose while you wag your finger at them (what are you my mother?), suggesting they be thrown off the cliff, suggesting to boycott their business, suggesting you will do the same in their back yard sure isn't the way to do it. Yes, I know three of these guys personally. I respect them and know that they are not environmental terrorists nor would they ever do anything that they thought might endanger another person's life. I also know they are level headed critical-thinking individuals and would listen to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism should it be given in a respectful way.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm with the "tread lightly" crowd.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    "Acting like a beast takes the pain out of being a man."
    Steve Sloan

Apr 2007
    Constructive criticism.... Ha ha. Welcome to MTBR/The Internet. BTW, that video nor his responses indicate he's "level-headed, critical thinking".

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ....should it be given in a respectful way will reflect much better on you

rr
    I don't do PC
    save your energy...rretard is to moron as Mr C is to pompous
    Oh yeah?, well FoShitforbrainzzle is to loser as Aqua is to E phony

There, take that, now go fock yourself

wannabee
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    zero regrets yet you took down the video. ok really stupid behavior. no excuses. its not treehuggers that are calling you out, it,s fellow riders. just stupid $h!t
    "sponser issues?"

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Ha. Wow there are a ton o ******s in this thread. I just want to see the vid! Where did it go?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    It has been removed, so let me fill you in. It was a beautiful compilation of canyon, trail, and sky scenes that included video of someone pushing a big rock off a cliff. The person who made the video has already admitted that they were acting like bad boys having fun, but would not apologize so we are going to take it to federal court. Not to exciting, sorry.
    Again, enough said! LET IT GO!!!!!!!

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie
    It has been removed, so let me fill you in. It was a beautiful compilation of canyon, trail, and sky scenes that included video of someone pushing a big rock off a cliff. The person who made the video has already admitted that they were acting like bad boys having fun, but would not apologize so we are going to take it to federal court. Not to exciting, sorry.
    Seriously, i love the photos and videos that Mike does but he really got off light. Anyone else not so popular on these boards would have been run out of town. He seems like a decent guy so despite his post that he doesnt have any regrets i'm sure he does.
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Ha. Wow there are a ton o ******s in this thread. I just want to see the vid! Where did it go?
    it went where tscheezy's sinful whale riding video went...never to be seen again

I like bikes
    Don't mind Rick........after a "safety break" he enjoys stuff like that. His other pass times are cow tipping and sticking firecrackers up cat's buts.......

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Oh my goodness. What drama.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member

wow, posting just to defend a$$hat behaviour. it was tupid behaviour. he has "zero" regrets so why are you so adamant about defending him. he seems fine with being a jack a$$. he should have left the video up. he's not embarrassed about it

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    One, I never defended anyone's actions I said I knew three of the individuals and suggested that you try a civilized conversation with the individuals. Two, I defended the owner of Lenz as he had nothing to do with it. Three, I had never opened up the MTBR page until I saw a link to this thread posted on my face book page. The individual posted the link and added a comment that was only go;ing to inspire more knee jerk reactions and what I foresaw as more harm then good. This individual has 1200 friends/followers and the individual who responded to the thread, my friend, has over 300 friends. This individual who posted the link is the same who said Mike's posting of the video was bad form as it could potentially draw negative attention to mountain bikers. I am still trying to figure his reasoning then for posting it. Lastly, I thought it an opportune time to maybe sway people to check their facts before rallying to destroy someone's business. To maybe pass opinion on the action without jumping to conclusions that that one instance is the total man/woman.
    So I will leave you with these thoughts (I hope). You don't really think that someone will
    thank you for calling them an a$$hat and then apologize to you saying you were right? You are pissed by the video, but what constructive argument have you brought to this thread? Let's hope if there is a heaven, they don't draw out of the hat just one instant in our lives to pass judgement.
    Again, I am not defending the actions of this video and you should not jump to the conclusion that I either approve or disapprove of what has so riled you up. I have never shared in any of my postings my opinion on said actions.
    But I will share with you this video of desert alteration for capital gain. If this video doesn't upset you more, then you should ask yourself why?

http://govide.com/video/9A85UX9GGW48...l-Rampage-2010
    My final MTBR posting, as I have said what I had to say. If you don't get what I am trying to share by now, you never will.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Never thought much about it but yeah, where is the outrage from all you "tread lightly" arguers about the extensive impact of the Rampage?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Inches
    Don't mind Rick........after a "safety break" he enjoys stuff like that. His other pass times are cow tipping and sticking firecrackers up cat's buts.......
    So safety breaks and cow tipping are not MTBR approved either?, what other activities(aside from throwing rocks off cliffs obviously) are deemed not politically correct by the fragile types here such as yourself?

I will start a list and make it my mission to appease!

up n over
    Nov 2010
    wow i guess i shouldnt skip rocks on ponds anymore either!
    the water level could rise causing premature erosion!
    not to mention that poor fish i could have given a concussion to!

save the planet by riding a bike, its not like he lit a campfire and left it unattended...
    "my cat's breath smells like catfood."
    -ralph wiggum

mtbr member
    Christ.....what a bunch of ladies. What about all of these trails with man made obstacles......I'm guessing no one here has ever dropped a goo package or ridden on muddy trails....get over yourselves.

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySprocket
    Christ.....what a bunch of ladies. What about all of these trails with man made obstacles......I'm guessing no one here has ever dropped a goo package or ridden on muddy trails....get over yourselves.
    If every one of us went out and altered the landscape or littered or whatever things would be a mess. I mountain bike to get away from the pollution and everything else and prefer to let nature take its course,

Yours truly,

Nancy
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

banned
    Sep 2007

Matt
    I have to agree. And I was pissed off to see clay birds broken up at Sovereign in Moab this week also littering the landscape, along with all the empty 12 gauge shells. About as healthy and attractive as littering the landscape with cigarette butts.

I also kind of really dislike seeing "grind" marks from bikes on sandstone too, as well as black skid marks. As stewards of the land we use, our goal should be to leave no trace of our presence, except maybe a buried poop or pee or two, like the Native Americans.
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 05-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    Never thought much about it but yeah, where is the outrage from all you "tread lightly" arguers about the extensive impact of the Rampage?

dont like it ether, and i work at a shop who's owner support it but you wont ever see me up there supporting an event like that
    Read my BLOG!

Yes, that's fonetic
    dont like it ether, and i work at a shop who's owner support it but you wont ever see me up there supporting an event like that
    Bummer is that no one would dare mount a crusade against something as wildly popular as the RR here on MTBR, but a guy pushes a couple of rocks and busts up some biodegradable pigeons and he gets crucified.

mtbr member
    Don't forget the Red Bull Rampage was on private land, not public.

The thing is, you just don't know who might be out there these days. I spent weeks if not months working on a geology degree hiking around scree slopes of the Chinle Formation underneath the Wingate cliffs that predominate much of the landscape in Moab. Might there be somebody wondering around Gooseberry? The Moenkopi is not quite as interesting so probably more unlikely, but not improbable. Trundle with care but don't spooge your load on the internet.
    Last edited by rockman; 05-02-2011 at 07:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Nice work ass hole.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    knowing this family, and what they have been through, i (and many others) take trundling very seriously.... not for environmental concerns.

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/bac...ics/39482.html

banned
    Sep 2007

Why is it that MTBR legends, mostly living, are the most full of sin?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Who cares

Roll the rock you only live once just watch for the people below. Mother natures going to do it sooner or later anyways maybe your preventing it from landing on someones head in the future. Just do it

Plan #123-D
    delete
    Last edited by The_Aaron; 05-03-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomer
    knowing this family, and what they have been through, i (and many others) take trundling very seriously.... not for environmental concerns.

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/bac...ics/39482.html
    Yep. I've explored the bases of obscure cliffs (looking for climbing possibilities) in places where there isn't any sort of trail or road near the base of the cliff. In some of these cases, the top of the cliff had a completely different access than the bottom. So anyone at the top would have had no idea that I was around until they saw me. Yes, the chances of events such as the above are slim, but as the link shows, the consequences are high.

Apr 2007
    ... I thought it an opportune time to maybe sway people to check their facts before rallying to destroy someone's business...
    In this world where there is pleatora of businesses without owners involved in ******-baggery, it's the OWNER'S responsibility to, not only avoid dumb comments and/or posting of their idiotic activities, but also "avoid the very appearance of evil." Businesses have gone down for less offenses, and this scenario is no different.

Mikesee posted his video, then confirmed everyone's thoughts of what his intentions were. His actions not only broke laws, but also went against plain ol' common sense. The part that pissed me off more were his responses in this thread. Why check facts? All the evidence I need is here.

On a brighter note: Osama is dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0