mtbr member
    Apr 2008

goggles: oakley vs. scott

i was lookin for new goggles!
    i was lookin at both the
    scott nosweat xi
    and the
    oakley crowbar

which one would you prefer, im looking for the one with most ventalation and fog resestance!
    which ones best??

thanx

mtbr member
    Rudy Project....
    "Live, Live, Live!. Life is a banquet but most poor suckers are starving to death!!!"

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Any set of goggles, so long as they come with a free dictionary and shift key.
    Since when did the phrase "invest in" come to mean the same as "buy"?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'll take Oakleys over Scott...they're more comfortable and better looking in my opinion

mtbr member
    scott

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Any set of goggles, so long as they come with a free dictionary and shift key.
    Go play some Zork.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

oh Lucky me
    dragons!
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

I'm more of a dog person
    i went up to the local MX store the other day and picked up a set of Oakley anti-fog goggles. they seemed to be more comfortable than some of the Scott's. They're probably both good goggles, but i would recommend getting a set of anti-fog of either brand. nothings worse than trying to see through your own breath.

Bloody Bastard
    I rock the classic Oakley M Frames. Black lens for day, clear lens for night or limited visibility.
    Last edited by Blu Falcon; 05-23-2008 at 11:43 AM.

If you think you can
    Is a mx place the place to get goggles? I don't recal many lbs carrying them.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Here's something that I and many other moto guys do...get some over-the-glasses models. I use the Oakley OTG's which are L or M frames...I forget. Why OTG models? They have a bit more space to allow you to wear shades under clear lenses so you don't have to swap lenses if caught out after dark. Changing lenses is a PITA...IMO. The other and possibly bigger benefit is improved ventilation. OTG's allow better airflow for obvious reasons. The OTG's are not some big retarded looking outfits either. Most people can't even tell the difference without a closeup comparison with regular non-OTG versions. Here's a pic of mine...with a detachable nose-piece snapped on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

kool

im still kinda undecided, my friends just got a pair of the scotts and he says there super groovy!

scott:
    - Created to address the fact that most helmets severely restrict air flow through the vent foam at the top of the goggle, a ventilation visor on the top of the NSXi's frame utilizes elements of our patented Ram Air technology to keep air moving within the frame
    -An all new strap attachment system which ensures that the goggle seals properly
    -A completely new 2 part overmolded nose guard. Profiled to provide complete nose protection
    -New Multi-Layer NoSweat Face Foam and a new clear single AFC (Anti-Fog Coated) WORKS Lexan® lens put the NSXi in a class of its own

oakley:
    The culmination of 25 years of goggle technology, Oakley’s CROWBAR® MX offers the protection and performance demanded by the world’s top riders. The lightweight and flexible O MATTER® frame is combined with optically pure LEXAN® to maintain impact protection that meets all ANSI Z87.1 and EN 1938 standards. Clear lenses are enhanced with F3 anti-fog treatment, the optics maximize your range of peripheral and downward view. You can’t stay focused without comfort, so Oakley engineered triple-layer face foam to wick away sweat, and strap outriggers for balanced pressure distribution. And to keep the strap from sliding, we treated it with silicone. This goggle also comes with a removable nose guard and the Oakley 7-pack laminated tearoff system, the most advanced tearoff system on the planet.

which one is still better?
    your own opinion...
    thanx

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Pro grips also make a good goggle.

Members who have read this thread: 0