Finally got some trail time!! X-Post from Eastern Canada Forum- Mtbr.com
    Sir Hurt Locker

Finally got some trail time!! X-Post from Eastern Canada Forum

I woke up on Sunday to my brother shaking me and saying "Hey! Come on, we're are going biking!" I really didn't want to get out of bed but the warm intense sunlight coming through my window was convincing enough.

I got out of bed, had a quick breakfast, dressed in my winter riding gear, packed up the bikes and we were out the door by noon (yes, I do like to sleep in ). After grabbing some gas and making a stop at Best Buy for batteries and an SD card for my new GoPro Wide Camera we were on our way to Guelph.

We got to Riverside Park in Guelph at about 1:00 and as soon as I stepped out of the car I was worried I didn't dress warm enough. The wind was brutally cold but I was in the open so I kept my fingers crossed that the woods would shelter me from the wind and it would be warmer once I was riding.

My brother and I were out for 2.5 hours and had a blast! I was the most comfortable I have ever been on a winter ride, not too hot and not too cold, it was excellent. The trails were in great condition minus a few icy areas which were difficult to ride without studded tires but we managed. The added challenge of staying balanced on an icy trail was welcomed considering there are no challenging climbs at Guelph Lake.

Surprisingly I made it through winter in pretty good shape and look forward to spring so I can ride some dirt. But until then I am just happy to be on the bike on road, ice, dirt, or snow. Thanks Martin for getting my lazy a$* out of bed. Here's a video to summarize my ride.

Cheers,

Seb

Lone Wolf McQuade
    You'll love that camera. It looked like a beautiful day

Matt
    I should be out riding....

Sir Hurt Locker
    I love that camera already, can't wait to try out some different mounting options
    Cheers,

Seb

Feb 2009
    wats the name of the song??

Sir Hurt Locker
    the songs called Shake your Limbs and its by Mattafix. Wicked group with a lot of cool songs.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    I love that camera already, can't wait to try out some different mounting options
    Great music on that video!

I have the earlier model with 3mp, but now I've got the Wide angle version also and it's awsome for the price!

If you tilt it down a little you'll get the front tire and your hands into the view which gives it a interesting look.
    Youtube cut the quality down a lot, it's much better on my computer!

Sir Hurt Locker
    Nice vid, seeing the gloves and tire is a nice touch but i find with the camera pointed down like that it makes it look like the biker is extremely tall. I think for techy sections that view is awesome but then maybe for more flowy high speed sections the camera can be pointed a little higher. What you think?

Awesome song btw, Clutch is one of my favourite bands!!
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    Nice vid, seeing the gloves and tire is a nice touch but i find with the camera pointed down like that it makes it look like the biker is extremely tall. I think for techy sections that view is awesome but then maybe for more flowy high speed sections the camera can be pointed a little higher. What you think?

Awesome song btw, Clutch is one of my favourite bands!!
    Oh...I forgot to say I'm a giant!......Ok, really only 6"1".

I agree, i think I need to move it up a little as long as the tire still makes it in the view. I'm still playing with it to find the best," set it and forget it," position.

It too bad you can't review the video on the trail with the camera, but that's the price you pay for the small size.

"Fast flowy highspeed sections," not a whole lot of that around.
    Chris

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    is that one section a tree farm? that looks fun.

Sir Hurt Locker
    No not a tree farm, it is at a Conservation Area in Guelph, Ontario. Looks like those tress in that spot were planted there. I have run into areas like that quite a lot in Ontario, guess people here like to plant trees.
    Cheers,

Seb

Members who have read this thread: 0