lidless ascender

Finale Ligure in May

Well, I finally got around to going through all the pics we made on our "traditional" 1st of May vacation and upload them, but I guess it's better late than never.

This time we headed to Finale Ligure, a coastal town in NW Italy.After reading a couple articles about the place we decided it would be a worthwhile destination and since all the obvious alpine destinations still had the upper regions covered in snow this time was as good as any.
    All in all, it seems to have been a good decision.The weather was great (save from the first day which was cloudy and even served us some rain), sunny with almost summer temperatures, the company was great as ever and the trails flowy, at times demanding and abundant with amazing vistas of the coastline.
    The only thing we wondered about was how can a place that seems to advertise MTB possibilities so activelly have such lousy maps regarding MTB trails (not to mention a totally useless bike shop employee in Finale).More or less everything marked on the map as a MTB trail was to be avoided as it meant fireroad descents in best case or even asphalt in the worst.Anyway, we only did that mistake once and once we started scouting for promising footpaths there was a definite turn to the better There was really nice singletrack to be ridden.It had lots of "problem solving" sections in the form of steep turns, rockgardens, steps,... so not for the lovers of smooth woodsy strips of earth I guess, but we enjoyed it.A lot
    Oh yeah, we did have a complaint about the place: the sea was not yet warm enough for post ride swims

But let's leave the storytelling to the photos:

CLICK HERE if you want to check out the rest of the pics.

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

amar la vida de dos niner
    Yeah, Problematiks went on vacation again! We all win!!

Lots of good stuff here. I especially like the graceful bail-out over the fallen tree by the blond woman, as well as the pic of her descending the series of rocky ledges.

But the last one is my fav. Thanks!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

lidless ascender
    Thanks for the kind words

I must say these vacations are usually too short and too far apart.But I guess this makes them even more memorable so it's all good

"The blond woman" on the three pics you pointed out is my girlfriend btw.I'll extend your compliments to her

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

one man team
    Dec 2007
    some great pictures

Members who have read this thread: 0