Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Did I screw up or is it the property owner fault for having this hazard ? watch vid

Did I screw up or is it the property owner fault for having this hazard ? watch vid and you tell me .

winnersneverquit.wordpess.com

the one leg bike rider

!Vamos, flaco!
    It's very unclear from your video what's going on. Whose property is this? Did you have a right to be on it? Did the owner have a right to keep people like you out from behind the fence?
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Interesting , Hope you not seriously hurt.

Before making a judgment. a couple of questions

1) Whose land is it ?
    2) I saw some signs as you were riding in, what do they say ?
    3) have you ever ridden there before ? B) gone through this way before ?
    4) are Mt. bikers welcome there ?
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Sign seems to say "Restricted Area - Keep Out - No Trespassing - No Public Access."

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I saw the Border Patrol early in the vid. Whose land was that? There clearly is a road across, but the fence is clearly there as well (albeit smashed down at that particular area) Probly a lot of illegal traffic in the area and the BP uses that part to access the land. I know that a lot of Ranchers give them permission to cross onto their property to catch illegals but that doesn't mean anybody can cross the fences.

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    I see that the white sign at 2:23 says "Private Property". Personally, if I didn't know where I was, I would have stopped, read the sign and gone back the way I came.
    Last edited by ski_adk; 09-03-2010 at 09:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

What?

I generally try to be nice, but you are a moron.

"Why was there barb wire across the ground?" TO KEEP YOU OUT.

Secondly, always check the ground for barbwire between cattle fences. I saw the frigen wire in that crappy ass video you posted 3 seconds before you passed it.

Third, no its not the property owners fault. Heres a hint CHAMP:

If you are passing through a gate and barb wire stops you? YOU SHOULDN'T OF PASSED THROUGH IT.

****. His fault? No. Its your fault for being a frigen moron.
    2008 Specialized Rockhopper -- STOLEN! *cry*
    09 Stout SE(Its like your sister, cheap and fun)

AZ
    banned
    Darwin's theory should have taken effect for sure .

Terrain Sculptor
    It looks like you rode through an obvious fence. Past a private property sign.

Judging by the wording of your post title, I'd guess that you are considering suing the landowner. Here's what that is likely to accomplish:

- You'll look silly in court because there is video evidence of you trespassing on private property. I have a copy and will gladly provide it to any defense lawyer who wants to see it.

- That landowner will likely take stronger steps to keep mountain bikers off his land. He may have been turning a blind eye to trespassers in the past but that will end after he goes to court.

- Other landowners in the area who may have been allowing mountain bikers access to their land will stop.

- You will become a pariah across North America like this guy. Most people who have been riding for a while know and hate him for the damage he has done to the cause of mountain biking. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94065

Thousands of miles of mountain bike trails have NOT been built because of people like him. Landowners and bike clubs can't afford the liability insurance.

mtbr member
    Whiners never quit.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus
    Whiners never quit.

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    The Ambush??
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

mtbr member
    You screwed up.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    The Ambush??

And the sequel , The Trespass .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit
    Did I screw up or is it the property owner fault for having this hazard ?
    Hey, thanks man. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Maybe next time you can Vimeo yourself ordering a Starbucks Frufrumochochino and walking out without paying for it. Then post up wondering if security is at fault for tackling you in the parking lot.

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    I'm wondering who to blame for all the trees and rocks that are always in my path.

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    A little personal responsibility goes a long way. The world shouldn't have to be catered to your bad judgement or hurt feelings.

AZ
    banned
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did I screw up or is it the property owner fault for having this hazard ? watch vid-fail_thread.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jesus talk about doing anything for people to visit his blog. you were going so slow I was not sure you were not even walking your bike and you hit a fence which was obviously down?

fail

Edit: to be fair I re watched it for the "shadow over the fence" lol not even close pal.

bringer of doom
    You obviously weren't paying enough attention to where you were going and rode your bike into a low fence.

The landowner didn't make you ride your bike into his fence.

Your fault.
    Ride on, Anthony.

used to be RipRoar
    Just be happy you didnt stuff your helmet into the ground and inject that ipod into your head. Someone mentioned iBrain, you almost did it!

Ska
    Steel is real.
    O.K. first off, it’s too bad that people feel the immediate need to be so nasty when they are responding to your question – although, in saying that, I am onboard with the overall consensus. The name calling is really unnecessary though.

If you’re interested, here is my opinion (since you asked). It took me a while but I managed to pause your video right after you fell so I was able to read the sign that says Private Property. Clearly the fence was damaged and a hazard but there were at least 2 other signs that were passed which probably stated the same thing. Personally, I don’t know how the laws work in the U.S. (I am in Canada) but it would seem to me that this one falls (no pun intended) on you.

But, like here in Canada, I’m sure there are many “good” lawyers out there who could skew this in your favour but I sincerely hope you wouldn’t stoop to that level. Nothing good would come of it. Falling sucks but it’s part of mountain biking. It’s just the way it is.

As a side note; I also took a few minutes to check out the 3rd video in your account (maybe some others should too) and I’d just like to say that you are very inspiring. Really cool – seriously. Very cool too for Race Face to help you out like that, bro. Keep riding and enjoy as many miles as you can. Be out in the open air and forget about the courtroom – it’s stuffy in there!

Ska!
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

middle ring single track

Viral video???

the one leg bike rider
    I'll give you props for riding with a handicap---I didn't notice this line at first and was wondering in the video why in the hell you would have been riding with one platform and one clipless pedal. I suppose this is why bunny-hoping the downed fence wasn't an option. What exactly took you down??? It almost looks like you fell down on purpose!?!?

But if you posted this to get attention to your up-for-sale blog site; fail...EPIC FAIL
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That's why our small claims court is so awesome.- you'll probably win.
    dont let all them nay-sayers on mtbr durring the day get u down. (they should get a job)
    Last edited by notflippant; 09-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Middle of nowhere restricted property, trespassing signs, barbed wire and you're wondering if the landowner is at fault. Living proof that there's no shortage of stupidity in the world.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pliebenberg
    But if you posted this to get attention to your up-for-sale blog site; fail...EPIC FAIL
    He just forgot the 'r' in wordpress.

Ska
    Steel is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by pliebenberg
    ... What exactly took you down??? ......
    My guess is that his non-functional leg which he rests on his left crank arm (watch his other video) caught one of the slightly elevated wires and stopped him dead in his tracks.
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    No way, this has got to be staged.

You tresspassed onto gated property (yes the gate was open, but if a front door of a house is open you don't just walk in). That'll get you shot in alot of places.

I guess common sense is not so common.

middle ring single track

Optometrist

Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus
    He just forgot the 'r' in wordpress.
    Aaaah...so right! I reduce my judgement to just plain fail; not epic.

A trip to an optometrist may be in order---if we viewers can see the obstacle plainly in a helmet cam video, so too should have the rider.

Yeah, in a court of law he may have a leg to stand on (bad pun sorry); A fence needs to be in good repair or it should be removed. In the court of public opinion a case like this only furthers the distrust of the legal system. "of the lawyers by the lawyers for the lawyers"
    Last edited by Moe Ped; 09-03-2010 at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Please do not encourage the Op from the Republic of californistan to further degrade this country with a BS lawsuit when he obviously blatantly rode across looking to do just that.

banned
    Mar 2004
    There's a guy named Benson around these parts that's missing his leg from the knee down. Coolest dude you ever met. Rides the meanest wheelies you ever saw and brings a grill, beer and BBQ wherever he rides! Top that Captain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr
    Please do not encourage the Op from the Republic of californistan to further degrade this country with a BS lawsuit when he obviously blatantly rode across looking to do just that.
    Please do not encourage the dillholes who move themselves and their famililes to our state en mass for work and recreational opportunities, while denigrating all 34 million of us at every opportunity as though we are NOT American. Sorry for this outburst, but I'm pretty f'in sick of reading this crap on the net, while the same people will eagerly brag on facebook with pictures of their CA vacations, and jump at a heartbeat when given an opportunity to relocate here.

All that aside, I agree that nobody should be encouraging this guy to file yet another frivolous lawsuit in a society where the legal industry has become more corrupt, bloated and powerful then any of our forefathers could have imagined.

Ethics matter. Frivilous lawsuits are unethical. If you knowingly trespassed, the culpability is your own. If you ignore these facts and try to manipulate the system just because some ambulance chaser will take the case, you are not an inspiration, you're a fraud.

Bite Me.
    Sue Tony Ellsworth.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbaysurfer
    Please do not encourage the dillholes who move themselves and their famililes to our state en mass for work and recreational opportunities, while denigrating all 34 million of us at every opportunity as though we are NOT American. Sorry for this outburst, but I'm pretty f'in sick of reading this crap on the net, while the same people will eagerly brag on facebook with pictures of their CA vacations, and jump at a heartbeat when given an opportunity to relocate here.
    Worked in your State a couple of different times, nothing impressive on any scale, any attempt you had at good weather and outdoor activities has been ruined by insane politics helping to lead the way to endless corruption, many being set by the standard of stoooopid bloated law suits which encase you did not know, governments actually get a big chunk of. Also it seems that most of the Cali D bags have moved up here bringing their twisted views of America and the outdoors with them, Im happy to stay out of your state, please take yours back there, thank you.
    All that aside, I agree that nobody should be encouraging this guy to file yet another frivolous lawsuit in a society where the legal industry has become more corrupt, bloated and powerful then any of our forefathers could have imagined.

Ethics matter. Frivilous lawsuits are unethical. If you knowingly trespassed, the culpability is your own. If you ignore these facts and try to manipulate the system just because some ambulance chaser will take the case, you are not an inspiration, you're a fraud.
    This now this part of your statement is very well stated, and I will add to this by saying it further degrades mtn bike opportunities for us and further increases a negative Image of us.

mtbr member
    How many sets of mtb tracks are in the frame around 3:24?
    Last edited by s0ckeyeus; 09-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.

middle ring single track

Sorry Frank...

It's just that we're a sarcastic bunch around here, and when we "smell blood in the water"...

I finally read your "about me" and again give you respect! (and the benefit of doubt that you did not "stage" the crash)

You should try and rig that LH crank so it doesn't dangle down like that---maybe somebody here can come up with a positive suggestion? (maybe a pedal centered on the BB spindle would be the ticket?

And...you might try contacting the land owner and politely tell him that he has a fence down---even anonymously if you don't want a confrontation, you may find out whether or not you should even be riding there.
    Last edited by Moe Ped; 09-03-2010 at 01:45 PM.

mtbr member
    your fault without a doubt.

iRonic
    If you would have gone to the second entrance, it looks like you would have been otay.

Definitely sucks that you got tangled up and fell, but I wouldn't go causing a stink over it. However, I'd be for taking my revenge out on that crap with some wire cutters when I passed by there again. That looked like it hurt!
    Ron

Ride Responsibly
    Props to you for getting out and getting it done.
    My thoughts are that your free crank-arm is at least partly to blame, not Race Face, just that there is a flaw to the setup.
    Anytime there are hazards, you need to be able to keep your cranks level or horizontal to avoid the exact thing that happened to you. Sometimes all you need do is catch your pedal on a rock and down you go. Riding around with your left leg all the way down is asking for trouble, and you found some.
    I think you would be better off with a pedal attached (by an adapter or new threads cut) directly to the bottom bracket, without a crank-arm.
    At least get a shorter crank!
    And why the rear tire on the front?
    Last edited by LWright; 09-03-2010 at 05:22 PM.

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    Darwin's theory should have taken effect for sure .
    Lol.... I would have stopped and picked up my bike over the barbed wire.....FN Idiot award goes to the OP!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say.” – Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    it dosen´t matter if is private property, the fence was to low you can pass it waking and even ride over it maybe you get only a flat tire, you screw up, sorry dude.

since 4/10/2009
    Can't fault the guy for not walking over the fence since he's only got one leg, but it's still his fault because the place was clearly posted as private property. Whether a lawyer might find a case somewhere is a separate issue altogether. In a question of responsibility, that falls upon the OP.

Maybe not be much the landowner can do about the fence if Border Patrol insists upon having access for law enforcement activities.

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    Lawfully riding there or not, should the landowner be responsible for clearing all "obstructions" so theres a clear path for all "mountain" bikers?

mtbr member
    A man with a watch like that doesn't necessarily have a passport problem.
    "I like skinny jeans. Sometimes I wear them to the mall to get an Orange Julius." -Chim Chim

Cthulhu fhtagn
    why were you taping this anyways?

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    Boy, the OP sure has a lot of reading to do in response to his post huh?

Wonder if he'll be back to respond?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Editing this post cause i didnt know you were riding with the power of only one leg. Great job and keep it up.

As far as the fence, i think its your fault. Dont sweat it, just keep riding.
    Last edited by The Diesel; 09-03-2010 at 04:28 PM.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    That there is a prime example of why ppl are moving towards the 29er.

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    Can't fault the guy for not walking over the fence since he's only got one leg, but it's still his fault because the place was clearly posted as private property. Whether a lawyer might find a case somewhere is a separate issue altogether. In a question of responsibility, that falls upon the OP.

Maybe not be much the landowner can do about the fence if Border Patrol insists upon having access for law enforcement activities.
    In my province, almost any attempt to discourage trespass is considered due diligence. A fence or a sign or a ditch no matter how run down they are, are enough to indemnify the landowner.

DeForest Stump
    To me, after seeing the post on the left bent down a an extreme angle, prudence would have dictated a more cautious approach.
    However, your video titled "untitled" is very inspirational, as someone mentioned earlier. Good work.
    Nice bike too.

mtbr member
    I have a feeling he didn't get the responses he was hoping for.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1911
    I have a feeling he didn't get the responses he was hoping for.
    ...But the attention he was....

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    ...But the attention he was....

Yep , successful troll .

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager
    why were you taping this anyways?
    +1

Seems like a very strange place to be dragging a vid cam around just to record a "road ride" on private property.

If you turn it up really loud and play it backwards, you can distinctly hear, " Cut/Wrap, thanks kid; that's perfect for my new commercial ! Send me the bill and we can sue for 1mil, but you'll only get 100 grand "

If the OP is trying to make a statement about accessibility issues for the handicapped, it's a "fail" as well. Unless his eyesight is worse than his bike handling skills, there's no point in showing all the no trespassing signs prior to the "accident".

Rolling
    I like how Frank keeps looking both ways down the road, then just continues on his way after once he catches his breath.

I'm sure the following occurred. This is my DEEP and ELABORATE CONSPIRACY THEORY ON THIS....

--Frank left his camera on for whatever reason and filmed this, regardless of intent for this video. Some people leave them on....Or forget.

--He thought he could run over the barbed wire but found like I did once, it's springy...and when you compress it with your front wheel, it bounces back and catches your pedal. As many of you know, Frank has a bum leg on a freewheeling crankarm that is always down---so he was guaranteed to catch that wire.

-He crashed and composed himself, checking the bike and left. It's all real.

-Later he discovered this video and thought how funny it would be to deadpan post this on mtbr as a liability issue question, knowing it would stir the pot.
    Last edited by lidarman; 09-03-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Victim of Saddle Rage
    As property owner direct on the border here in NM, I try to be fair to everyone that trespasses like giving illegals a bit of food and water before calling the border patrol or watching out for crossers with heat stroke and dehydration. BUT, should I ever catch you riding an Ellsworth with no regard to our land you can expect a round or two in your arsh. Do you think you're special because you have an Ellsworth? If you were in your zone on a 29er in this heat I might even offer you a beer, but you are clearly a moron.
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Worked in your State a couple of different times, nothing impressive on any scale, any attempt you had at good weather and outdoor activities has been ruined by insane politics helping to lead the way to endless corruption, many being set by the standard of stoooopid bloated law suits which encase you did not know, governments actually get a big chunk of. Also it seems that most of the Cali D bags have moved up here bringing their twisted views of America and the outdoors with them, Im happy to stay out of your state, please take yours back there, thank you.

This now this part of your statement is very well stated, and I will add to this by saying it further degrades mtn bike opportunities for us and further increases a negative Image of us.
    How politics affected your enjoyment of the weather and recreational opportunities in CA is beyond me. I don't talk politics when I'm riding, and no liberal made me pay a tax to access my local trail this morning.

I was kinda hoping to hear that you just don't like the politics but were open minded about the fact that every individual deserves consideration on their own merit, but you make it pretty clear here that where a person happens to live is grounds for you to prejudge them, so obviously my hope was misplaced.

D bags reside, and originate from every state in the union, CA doesn't have a monopoly on them.

More F-d up then frivolous lawsuits in this country is the people who think they can paint half the population with the same brush and hate them accordingly. Partisan politics is a real downer. I'd rather not be a Hutu OR a Tutsi, TYVM.

I like your parting shot...you'll stay out of my state? Right...just like you did when your job opportunity presented itself? Also, you may be unaware since your world is so black and white, but I didn't arrange for any D-bags to come to your state. In fact I generally avoid d-bags at all cost, which is why...

That's my last post on the subject, hope I haven't ruined the thread for everyone else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbaysurfer
    How politics affected your enjoyment of the weather and recreational opportunities in CA is beyond me. I don't talk politics when I'm riding, and no liberal made me pay a tax to access my local trail this morning.

I was kinda hoping to hear that you just don't like the politics but were open minded about the fact that every individual deserves consideration on their own merit, but you make it pretty clear here that where a person happens to live is grounds for you to prejudge them, so obviously my hope was misplaced.

D bags reside, and originate from every state in the union, CA doesn't have a monopoly on them.

More F-d up then frivolous lawsuits in this country is the people who think they can paint half the population with the same brush and hate them accordingly. Partisan politics is a real downer. I'd rather not be a Hutu OR a Tutsi, TYVM.

I like your parting shot...you'll stay out of my state? Right...just like you did when your job opportunity presented itself? Also, you may be unaware since your world is so black and white, but I didn't arrange for any D-bags to come to your state. In fact I generally avoid d-bags at all cost, which is why...

That's my last post on the subject, hope I haven't ruined the thread for everyone else.

Obviously you have missed where california has set the stage on nearly every level of crazy law suits and laws within America Which is why it has garnered the reputation of being the "republic of Kalifornistan" and other crazy names, does it have the monopoly? Of course not, but the rest has already been said.

Enjoy the sunshine, that is about all you have left.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    "Blurr rambles
    ...Obviously you have missed where california has set the stage on nearly every level of crazy law suits and laws within America Which is why it has garnered the reputation of being the "republic of Kalifornistan" and other crazy names, does it have the monopoly?"

Dude, you need to swap the tinfoil for a helmet. "republic of Kalifornistan", how fresh, did you make that up?

I'm not from Cali, and I'm offended.

It must suck hating half your fellow Americans.
    11 Flint
    08 Monocog Flight
    06 X-Caliber
    96 F400 (SS townie)

08 Schwinn Sierra TDM (gravel tandem)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm300
    "Blurr rambles
    ...Obviously you have missed where california has set the stage on nearly every level of crazy law suits and laws within America Which is why it has garnered the reputation of being the "republic of Kalifornistan" and other crazy names, does it have the monopoly?"

Dude, you need to swap the tinfoil for a helmet. "republic of Kalifornistan", how fresh, did you make that up?

I'm not from Cali, and I'm offended.

It must suck hating half your fellow Americans.
    Yea shame on me for staying informed. You should try it, then maybe we would not be having this conversation, or keep your head in the sand, I am however confident that later will prevail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    "Blurr... Yea shame on me for staying informed."

Someone once said, 'A little learning is a dangerous thing;...'

"I am however confident that later will prevail."

Say no more.

Back to the topic, the OP did screw up and is solely responsible for the crash. But he gets some credit for riding with one leg.
    11 Flint
    08 Monocog Flight
    06 X-Caliber
    96 F400 (SS townie)

08 Schwinn Sierra TDM (gravel tandem)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Agreed KTM300...with pretty much all of it.

Cheers

Rolling
    LOL...Frank's screwing with your head.....

Bonk in the head...ring ring!

Int'l Man of Leisure
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballtrail
    As property owner direct on the border here in NM, I try to be fair to everyone that trespasses like giving illegals a bit of food and water before calling the border patrol or watching out for crossers with heat stroke and dehydration. BUT, should I ever catch you riding an Ellsworth with no regard to our land you can expect a round or two in your arsh. Do you think you're special because you have an Ellsworth? If you were in your zone on a 29er in this heat I might even offer you a beer, but you are clearly a moron.

Gold!

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Proud Snob
    Apr 2009
    Yea shame on me for staying informed.
    LOL this guy!

meow meow
    if i run into a tree can i sue the planet (or maybe just al gore)?

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Okay, a few questions:

1. How loudly were the Border Patrol agents laughing?

2. What was all that grunting and groaning??

3. Were you walking or riding? Couldn't tell from the speed.

4. Why all the heavy breathing? Sounded like a, well, never mind...

5. Why do you ride an Ellsworth?

6. Are you an illegal alien?

Inquiring minds want to know....
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member
    Have yet to hear back from the OP. He probably killed himself after all the nasty replies. People should be more tolerant of dumb questions on here.

Just Ride.
    It looks like other bike tyre tracks are on the ground. So clearly other people do ride there and the owner of the property has given permission for mountain bikers to ride there. Maybe not but either way I wouldn't go making a fuss about it, sheit happens.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiggitydog
    Have yet to hear back from the OP. He probably killed himself after all the nasty replies. People should be more tolerant of dumb questions on here.
    No. He'll be back. He always comes back.

mtbr member
    OMG, you are actually questioning whose fault this is? What in the world were you doing, texting or something not to notice five strips of barbed wire on the ground. If I were the property owner and were to see this, I would laugh my azz off! Thanks for this mornings laugh.

Proud Snob
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP
    2. What was all that grunting and groaning??

4. Why all the heavy breathing? Sounded like a, well, never mind...
    I was wondering that as well. The guy has one leg, so maybe he was having a hard time getting back up, but that fall was still as walking speed. Hardly much of a crash at all. Maybe the stem got him in the nuts and he's way out of shape?

mtbr member
    does not look like a place to be riding to me

mtbr member
    Good entertainment right there...

if you listen real close I think you can hear the Board Patrol laughing...

OP, work on the climbing skills Dude!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel.
    It looks like other bike tyre tracks are on the ground
    That's because the OP kept riding over the wire until it snagged his crank

Ride Responsibly
    Quote Originally Posted by metaljim
    I was wondering that as well. The guy has one leg, so maybe he was having a hard time getting back up, but that fall was still as walking speed. Hardly much of a crash at all. Maybe the stem got him in the nuts and he's way out of shape?
    I must confess to having fallen,, and while not life threatening, sounding much like the OP while dis-entangling myself from the bike and bushes. Some of us have no business being on a bike,(uncoordinated, overweight, type one diabetic) yet still we ride. But for this there is ridicule instead of admiration.
    I am not suggesting the land owner to be at fault, just that Y'all are a bunch of heartless bastards.
    Last edited by LWright; 09-18-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    Kudos to the OP for overcoming a tremendous disability....

But F him for wanting to blame a land owner for something that was clearly his own fault....

Take some responsibility.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Worked in your State a couple of different times, nothing impressive on any scale
    hahaha...You’re right, nothing impressive about California at all...haha. You pretty much lost all credibility with that statement. We do have plenty of issues in California, but “nothing impressive on any scale”...that is clearly a well though out statement.

Glad to hear you will not be visiting us.

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by LWright
    I am not suggesting the land owner to be at fault, just that Y'all are a bunch of heartless bastards, not that that is a bad thing.
    You'll have to be more specific, "Y'all" to me would be everyone who reads your post or at least everyone who replied to this thread.

mtbr member
    I DID like the part of the video where there is definitely some masochistic "getting off" pleasure; an unexpected period of joy not far from authorities and getting arrested-
    Good job, no fault for success.

Thread Terrorist
    Bwaaa haa haa haa haa...... FAIL
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Proud Snob
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LWright
    I must confess to having fallen,, and while not life threatening, sounding much like the OP while dis-entangling myself from the bike and bushes. Some of us have no business being on a bike,(uncoordinated, overweight, type one diabetic) yet still we ride. But for this there is ridicule instead of admiration.
    I am not suggesting the land owner to be at fault, just that Y'all are a bunch of heartless bastards, not that that is a bad thing.
    HTFU

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Mate, I'm sorry to see that you came unstuck.

I think that you might win if you proceeded with legal action.

The land owner failed to maintain a safe passage. They also failed to maintain the perimeter of the property in a sound and safe manner.

You were not given a fair indication that you were entering unsafe ground. Sure, there was a sign that indicated 'Private Property, No Entry' but your eye level and direction of vision wasn't where the poorly maintained sign was and should have been.

Screw the arse off the dude Mate. All property owners have an obligation the keep their property safe. Unexpected events do not exclude property owners from negligence.

If you come onto my property to rob me, and you trip on my new steps and are injured on the steps that I'm currently building, I've created a man trap whether I have intended to make my steps a man trap or not. There is no difference from this example, to what happened to you.

Go for it Mate. I liked the footage, it was well suffered. Have a chat to a no-win no-fee lawyer ... anxiety and post traumatic stress Mate, totally shocking and affecting, that is what is ruining your life ... this trauma has to be worth at least two new Foss inner tubes. They don't puncture when you run over barbed wire.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 09-11-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Kildare. Ireland
    the world has gone mad.

The US has a (Media) reputation for suing everyone in sight . This kind of backs the accusation up.
    Hey. I heard yesterday that Britney Spears body guard is suing her for wearing see through underwear in front of him... Holy ****!!!!!!!! Sexual harassment. Give me a break.
    100% TRUE

why not just pick your arse of the ground and get on with your life. And look where you are going the next time.
    If your not slidin, yur not ridin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wassa

The land owner failed to maintain a safe passage. They also failed to maintain the perimeter of the property in a sound and safe manner.

You were not given a fair indication that you were entering unsafe ground. Sure, there was a sign that indicated 'Private Property, No Entry' but your eye level and direction of vision wasn't where the poorly maintained sign was and should have been.

Screw the arse off the dude Mate. All property owners have an obligation the keep their property safe. Unexpected events do not exclude property owners from negligence.

If you come onto my property to rob me, and you trip on my new steps and are injured on the steps that I'm currently building, I've created a man trap whether I have intended to make my steps a man trap or not. There is no difference from this example, to what happened to you.

Go for it Mate. I liked the footage, it was well suffered. Have a chat to a no-win no-fee lawyer ... anxiety and post traumatic stress Mate, totally shocking and affecting, that is what is ruining your life ... this trauma has to be worth at least two new Foss inner tubes. They don't puncture when you run over barbed wire.

Warren.
    I smell sarcasm........I hope!

It's about showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wassa

Warren.
    I guess you might be technically right, I'm nota lawyer, but it represents something I despise most about an event which is possible in our culture. The guy burgling my house hurt on my steps or the McDonalds hot coffee suit (settled for somewhere between $2.86 million to $640,000). It is just wrongheaded. It seems that we have to protect everyone. After all we are not all bright enough or observant enough, or paying attention enough to heed warnings, regard considerations of safety, or respect property limits. Even if such a move was calculated to appear as described our laws could be used to leverage judgement.

There is such a huge disconnect with this thread. There was signage all over the place and he rode over downed barbed wire for crissakes. It is foolish on the face of it. I wonder if the OPO is using this to flesh-out a defense in service of a large legal settlement or just jerking a chain or using us as a sociology project. In any event I think he is using us poorly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lamb
    I smell sarcasm........I hope!
    Lamb, yes you did because Foss inner tubes can be punctured.

The odour that you smell, is possibly a burning smell. A puncture to Foss inner tube can be simply repaired just by heating the inner tube with a cigarette lighter and pinching the membrane around the hole, with your finger tips.

If you burn your finger tips while pinching the still hot membrane ... please do not sue me. You should have known to use your Leatherman pliers and not your fingers on the hot acrylic. I learn from my mistakes.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 09-11-2010 at 10:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Subscribed because this made me LMAO and no time to reply right now.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    OP'ers is a d'ouche for what he did, a double d'ouche for posting this.
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    LMFAO-- property owner's fault for having a hazard? The signs give you all the information you need. The guy is trying to keep people off of his property. Apparently it worked.

Props on your other videos though.

mtbr member
    That is why I walk over that wire there
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

Go Fast, Take Chances.
    Feb 2007
    I ride this area very often, I live within 10 minutes(20 by trail). I really don't know how to respond to this. Are you serious? Really? WTF? There are about 3-4 barbed wires running accross the ground, I usually just lift the tire as I'm crossing it. You should try looking where the "f" your going. And regarding the land issue, to my knowledge(sea lawyer by way of Border Patrol and Rangers), the land is public(BLM) and we are allowed to ride there via public recreation easement laws. I know for a fact the BP guys like us(at least most of us) because we are an extension of their eyes and ears.

mtbr member
    I also ride that trail at least one a week for years, don't undertand how you fell since the wires are on the ground, just lift front tire, never known of anyone had any issue with it, I only hope that because your f&^* up it won't affect everyone else that ride there on a regular basis.

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_sykes81
    I ride this area very often, I live within 10 minutes(20 by trail). I really don't know how to respond to this. Are you serious? Really? WTF? There are about 3-4 barbed wires running accross the ground, I usually just lift the tire as I'm crossing it. You should try looking where the "f" your going. And regarding the land issue, to my knowledge(sea lawyer by way of Border Patrol and Rangers), the land is public(BLM) and we are allowed to ride there via public recreation easement laws. I know for a fact the BP guys like us(at least most of us) because we are an extension of their eyes and ears.
    Please to satisfy my curiosity. What's the story with the "Private Property" sign and the fence?

My response was based on what looked like the OP riding past a private property sign over a partially broken fence.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    What? OP never got back to us. Hmmmmm. Ima go ride into Donald Trumps mailbox now.
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

N8!
    mtbr member
    Did I screw up or is it the property owner fault for having this hazard ? watch vid and you tell me .

winnersneverquit.wordpess.com

the one leg bike rider

mtbr member
    ^^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself. To the OP, quit being such a litigious prick.
    '14 Scott Genius 730 650b
    '16 Heller Bloodhound rigid

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just scanned the thread looking to see if this guy came back to say anything...
    I guess not.

Addicted to the dirt......with no hope for recovery.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke That
    I just scanned the thread looking to see if this guy came back to say anything...
    After one of the most hapless attempts of all time to cross into the United States, the Border Patrol picked him up and threw him back over the fence. They didn't have to lift him very high to clear that fence.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 09-15-2010 at 01:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    To the OP: I genuinely feel bad about your disability and commend you for your drive and determination. But judging on how you previously posted the exact same thread (not this one) on 10 different forums looking for kudos tells me that you may be down on yourself and have become an attention whore. What you are trying to do on this thread is truly despicable. Many of us on here have already lost access to our favorite trails and due a few members of our community we have gained somewhat of a bad rep. Your intentions will no doubt have a very negative impact on how other perceive us. You need to get over it already or find another sport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0