Cycling Tattoo Gallery- Mtbr.com
    RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Cycling Tattoo Gallery

Trying to get the word out to build an incredible collection of cycling tattoos to go along with the fixed gear gallery collection of bikes. I have a hundred or so right now here: http://cyclingtattoogallery.blogspot.com/ please feel free to comment on what you think I should do with this I dig me bikes and Ink

Peace
    I'm only as fast as the previous nights 12 pack, and as crazy as Einstein

www.cyclinglyfestyle.blogspot.com
    http://cyclingtattoogallery.blogspot.com/

RaD
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    Very inspiring,makes me want one!

Later
    RaD

Can Tree Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaD
    Very inspiring,makes me want one!

Later
    RaD
    I was hoping to see a pic of one I saw on the web several years ago, but it was not there. A roadie had the Campagnolo script logo tattooed on his leg from the middle of his thigh down to his calf. It was huge, and made him look like pretty much of a dork (my opinion). I'll bet he's regretting that one now.

BTW, what's up with the logo tattoos? I saw a Softride logo in there. Inconspicuously placed, but come on...their stuff just wasn't that good. There have been some inspiring road marques over the years...besides Campy, there was/is Cinelli, De Rosa, Masi, and others. But Softride? It wasn't even like they tried to dress it up and work it into a larger piece of art, like the IF tattoo, or the lockring spanner, or the Park wrench that were in there. The Softride tat was just a bit of corporate logo permanently scarred into that dude's ankle. I just don't get it.
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrely1
    Trying to get the word out to build an incredible collection of cycling tattoos to go along with the fixed gear gallery collection of bikes. I have a hundred or so right now here: http://cyclingtattoogallery.blogspot.com/ please feel free to comment on what you think I should do with this I dig me bikes and Ink

Peace
    Some nice stuff there. I thought I was the only one to think the Edward Gorey design would make a good tat. I guess I'm not as original as I thought - glad I never got around to having it done.

less is more
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrely1

Peace
    Nice Flash show. What to do w/ it? I'm a professional graphic artist & this is easy. Market your photos to tatoo artists in skin ready templates. If you are a graphic artist you could re-draw them in Illustrator or Corel Draw & offer digital modifiable skin-ready designs to be uploaded at hi res. That's what I would do. Of course, original designs face copyright issues I would think...
    Finesse is everything.

Jul 2006

the Evil Is very detailed..just with the hair on my leg is is hard to see it

this next one is bike related..how you ask...last year I got messed up real bad, ended up with a whole amount of broken bones and other stuff, on top of all the injuries I had collapased my lungs, this is the scar from where they Dr. in the ER had to run tubes in to my lungs to keep me breathing
    the tattoo is the name of the trail and the date it happened

mtbr member
    My favorites:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NEARMTB
    [/URL]
    I love that imperial... jus damn sweet.

Everyone post their Tattoos (he!! even if there not bike related).

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeride_Sycko
    I love that imperial... jus damn sweet.

for some of us that would take all day

Dec 2003
    My Avatar, for one. Picasso's Don Quixote on my ankle. A goofy eyeball from an old Calvin and Hobbes strip on my bicep. Maybe I'll post pics later, if I get around to it.

Born to push....
    My avater is on my left sholder blade

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Why would you want a picture of a frame (no matter how awesome you think the frame is) tatooed on your leg?! If you've got the bike, show it off that way, getting a tatoo of it seems kinda... ... ...

trail rat
    Use the Search, Luke! There have been numerous threads running:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=163143

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=212466
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willapajames
    Why would you want a picture of a frame (no matter how awesome you think the frame is) tatooed on your leg?! If you've got the bike, show it off that way, getting a tatoo of it seems kinda... ... ...
    to you it may seem stupid or whatever you want to call it, but I enjoy it and it is my body

Keep The Rubber Side Down

I dont' know what I want

I know I want a bike related tattoo, but not sure what the design would be or even where I'll put it. Next month I'm getting my kid's names put on my left shoulder sorounded by a sun.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Use the Search, Luke! There have been numerous threads running:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=163143

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=212466
    I didnt really care thaaaat much that I was guna search for it, jus interested.

But now that you got it for me . I can look at em. Thanks, I didnt kno this was done before.

Jul 2006

I'll thow up a pick of my most loved tatt. i got it last year

mtbr member
    NEARMTB...... all i can say is ..... ouch!
    Dude.. that had to hurt...

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Found it

Quote Originally Posted by Dad Man Walking
    I was hoping to see a pic of one I saw on the web several years ago, but it was not there. A roadie had the Campagnolo script logo tattooed on his leg from the middle of his thigh down to his calf. It was huge, and made him look like pretty much of a dork (my opinion). I'll bet he's regretting that one now.

BTW, what's up with the logo tattoos? I saw a Softride logo in there. Inconspicuously placed, but come on...their stuff just wasn't that good. There have been some inspiring road marques over the years...besides Campy, there was/is Cinelli, De Rosa, Masi, and others. But Softride? It wasn't even like they tried to dress it up and work it into a larger piece of art, like the IF tattoo, or the lockring spanner, or the Park wrench that were in there. The Softride tat was just a bit of corporate logo permanently scarred into that dude's ankle. I just don't get it.

I emailed the mate to see if I could use it

Peace

Kudzu
    I'll thow up a pic of my most loved tatt. i got it last year
    Whoa Duuuuude
    The evil frame is art, when do you get the rest of the parts tattoo'd on?

Can Tree Member
    Found what I was looking for...

Not as big as I remembered but pretty darn big. Whoa...he must like Campy a lot better than Shimano
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

Dec 2003
    BTW, what's up with the logo tattoos?
    I recently read an article somewhere talking about how logo tattoos are becoming increasingly common. The article highlighted pop-collared "Biff" types who actually had little Ralph Lauren Polo logos tattooed on their chest. Pathetic.

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004

One of two....

the other is on my other arm and it's a more detailed pic of a rider
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfudpucker
    NEARMTB...... all i can say is ..... ouch!
    Dude.. that had to hurt...
    you bet it did...that why it not filled in ...YET

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Mind if I

Quote Originally Posted by MtnSpectre
    the other is on my other arm and it's a more detailed pic of a rider
    put that in the gallery? Take a shot of the other one too.

Peace

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I don't understand the logo thing, and wonder where people are getting the logos done. My SO is a tattooist, and she doesn't do logos, and her shop will not tattoo names except for children and in some cases, spouses.

I have to say that there are some horrific tattoos in that gallery. Sure, a few good ones, but most of them are just nasty. Is it just me, or do chainrings seem like a really bad cliche? Maybe a barbed wire chain ring!

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

To each his own:)

Quote Originally Posted by ribaldmanikin
    I don't understand the logo thing, and wonder where people are getting the logos done. My SO is a tattooist, and she doesn't do logos, and her shop will not tattoo names except for children and in some cases, spouses.

I have to say that there are some horrific tattoos in that gallery. Sure, a few good ones, but most of them are just nasty. Is it just me, or do chainrings seem like a really bad cliche? Maybe a barbed wire chain ring!
    "[A] genuine tattoo.... tells a story. I like stories and tattoos, no matter how well done, and if they don't tell a story that involves you emotionally, then they're just there for decoration, then they're not a valid tattoo. There has to be some emotional appeal or they're not, to my way of thinking, a real tattoo. It tells people what you are and what you believe in, so there's no mistakes. ~Leo, tattooist, 1993, quoted in Margo DeMello, Bodies of Inscription, 2000 "

Peace

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004
    Go ahead....and I'll see about my other tat
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004

Here....

Is my other tat
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

My arm hurts a little
    I Totally want to get a MTB related Tat someday. I've only been a Hardcore rider for Two years. I think I have to wait till at least my fifth year but I think my Ten-year would be more fitting. I have my whole upper back done by the way. A Bull Charging a Matador, a Family Tat but most to my GP who just had passed.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

Art is Resistance

I love tattoos, and there are certain brands i love. Getting a brand tattooed on your body is not a good thing, though. I don't want to brand my body.

Art is Resistance

Wow, that's pretty interesting. I've never heard of a real tattoo parlor that would turn away a tattoo like that. Want 666 on your forehead? Go for it.

Or, as my tattoo artist said, "If some guy wants a 'white power' tattoo, and they want this overweight asian to do it, then sure i'll take their money!"
    Kind of a funny outlook, but i can appreciate it.

nice marmot.
    careful all... ink is addicting.
    Q. how many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. i don't know, ya wanna go ride bikes?

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by upmtnsinbreck
    yeah it is..I started with a little tat on my arm of my kids name, got that and told my self no more ...yeah like I stuck to that

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The gallery doesn't work.....

When did you get here?!?!

not a tattoo but...

cycling related body modification

My girlfriend had stopped during the Heartbreak Ridge downhill to let me by. When I passed on the 12 inch trail, I bobbled and fell into her and her bike. Wow that rotor was hot!
    Here is my 'Hope Mini Rotor Brand' two days after it happened
    and today, 7 months later
    Last edited by pisgahproductions; 08-27-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

No Justice = No Peace

Or tattoo related bikes....?

I got the tattoo in the South Pacific when I was in college 22 years ago. The bike was painted last year to match the rider. I couldn't be happier with either.....
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

No Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Boot
    The gallery doesn't work.....

I'm not a savey computer dude, it works on all our computers even the old one at me house, just takes forever to load.

some where on here is the flikr link

Peace

Aug 2006
    I just got my first tat. Have walked around for years with a greasy chainring mark on inside of leg so decide to get one permanently inked in. There is a similiar one already on your site (on outside of leg). Going through midlife crisis. said would get tat when turned 40. Procrastinated till had heart attack at 43 (Apr 18). Had stopped riding for a few years, silly me. Am now back on bike, not smoking, and feeling better than I did before attack. Need to get some reink done. Used to much lotion to keep moist. Scab got real real soft and managed to scrape half off on my pedal. looks a liitle blurry in middle. Need to wait till fully healed and will get reinked. Don't let anyone bs you it effing hurts. Does look ultra cool though.

Apr 2006
    I'm getting an HG chain around my ankle for the 18th b-day in march. As detailed as possible.

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by upmtnsinbreck
    so true
    looking for 20-21" P team

Sep 2006
    Here is the one I'm getting tomorrow, not MTB related but just showing that nature will always be higher than man and that we need to respect natureThe Black of the bear paw will be brown

RidetoLive,BuildtoRide

Session one done yesterday

just got this one started. Single cog instead of a pearl in the claw, although I had a tough time deciding wheather to put the hole in the center at the time....now I know it needs it...we'll come up with some thing

Sep 2006

I'm kind of curious what the deal is with people tattoing half a chainring.

The trail and date tattoo under the scar is funny.

I hate that name.
    I love irony

Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

Sep 2006

Yow

A look inside one of the most powerful legs in the world:

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    this next one is bike related..how you ask...last year I got messed up real bad, ended up with a whole amount of broken bones and other stuff, on top of all the injuries I had collapased my lungs, this is the scar from where they Dr. in the ER had to run tubes in to my lungs to keep me breathing
    the tattoo is the name of the trail and the date it happened

NICE man I have that same scar on my right side..... pnemothorax dirtjumping...

Dec 2007
    First post thought I'd post in here tattoos yeah they are addictive.

mtbr member
    An old friends tat

Nov 2007

That tattoo is forever on your body. That tattoo is crooked. The wheels are not centered in anyway what-so-ever. Way too high.

mtbr member
    Anyone with a tattoo for winning SS worlds?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Oog.
    A look inside one of the most powerful legs in the world:
    Who is that? Chris Hoy? I didn't think he had any tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbuss
    I love irony

Dang it, I was just about to post that.

mtbr member
    A little late on the post but here is mine.
    B-52 Tattoo 248 manhattan ave brooklyn, ny (snake eyes)

mtbr member
    I don't have any pic tats yet, cuz I couldn't think of what I really wanted. But I think I got it now.

mtbr member
    vdubz you win the thread IMO, that is very nice work.

mtbr member
    Please tell us more.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by picassomoon View Post
    vdubz you win the thread IMO, that is very nice work.
    Thanks man!

The Original Suspect
    Some old school SC!

mtbr member
    Awesome SC tat! Haven't seen that logo in a long time!

Members who have read this thread: 0