Costa Rica?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Costa Rica?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Costa Rica?

I know there's a regional forum for this, but the "other" area forum that contains central America seems to get very little use so...

If anyone has any recommendations for riding in Costa Rica, please let me know! I'll be down there for 10 days at the end of the month and would like to get a couple days of riding in while I'm there. I'm into any area with key features being singletrack and big climbs and descents and lush forests. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Would you be cool with hiring a guide or are you looking to just venture out on your own? I've only done DH riding there, which was guided, but I know there is tons of XC. What part of Costa Rica will you be in? I've ridden in a few areas but it was mostly all just south of San Jose. Santa Maria de Dota and Providencia were 2 of the areas. I would think it might be difficult to tour on your own and you might have a better experiance hiring a guide. The company I went through was called Big Mountain, I have no connection with them other then being a really happy customer. I will actually be using them to go to Italy in May. Anyhow, the guide they use is the former XC/DH national champion and has podiumed at La Ruta de Los Conquistadores. Super awesome guy who lives just outside Santa Maria.

Will you be bringing your own bike or trying to rent one down there?

Such an awesome place....been down there 2 for 3 week trips each time. Each time we started out biking for 10 days and then touring and chilling for the next 10+ days. Good times.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Google "costa rica paulo valle"

Members who have read this thread: 0