Colorado front range ride this weekend, Colloquium- Mtbr.com
    crashes in parkinglot

Colorado front range ride this weekend, Colloquium

Hey all front rangers, it seems there is some interest in a group ride this weekend. I think my best day will be Sat, but i could probably get out on Sunday too.

I was also curious to see if lyons gulch was rideable this far into the season.
    I'd be up to ride pretty much anything.

mtbr member

Question for ya....

is the Denver area / Front Range generally rideable in March? I may be attending a conference there the second week in March and would love if it could double as a riding trip. Thanks,

Tom

Perpetually single track
    depends if you like to/can ride in snow. March is a snowy month for us, and we can have big dumps,. so even when the temps get high, it doesn't always melt all the snow off. Needless to say, you probably could find SOMETHING worth riding whilst out.

mtbr member

Thanks....

I'll keep that in mind.

single track ****

gulch rides would be sloppy on Saturday....

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    Hey all front rangers, it seems there is some interest in a group ride this weekend. I think my best day will be Sat, but i could probably get out on Sunday too.

but should be frozen fun on Sunday if we get predicted colder weather. I'm planning on riding backbone for lunch, and I'll let you know how trail is. It was great couple days ago. . I can prob swing Sunday ride if anyone wants to get together. I been craving to do the Horsetooth to big city burrito point to point ride if anyones interested. I could handle a gulch ride too-Sash likes gulches- ahhhh what hard decisions we're faced with

ride

Lion's Gulch

Lions Gulch would probably be doable if you're adventurous. Might be hiking more than riding, and playing pinball on the way back down. Since it's in a fold, once it snows in there, it takes a while to melt. Top of Hall still has snow and it's still lower than the trailhead to LG.

My time tomorrow is going to be pretty early, so I may just head out on the road - it's been a while. I've got a road bike that hasn't spun wheels since September. I think it's feeling left out...

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    but should be frozen fun on Sunday if we get predicted colder weather. I'm planning on riding backbone for lunch, and I'll let you know how trail is. It was great couple days ago. . I can prob swing Sunday ride if anyone wants to get together. I been craving to do the Horsetooth to big city burrito point to point ride if anyones interested. I could handle a gulch ride too-Sash likes gulches- ahhhh what hard decisions we're faced with
    I've heard of the famous Horsetooth/big city borrito ride, I'm interested, never been to horsetooth.

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    My time tomorrow is going to be pretty early, so I may just head out on the road - it's been a while. I've got a road bike that hasn't spun wheels since September. I think it's feeling left out...
    I understand, my cross bike feels the same way, hopefully i will start commuting soon and that will be solved.

I do look forward to riding with you though. I've met you once briefly.

rr
    I don't do PC

Idea! how about the Springs

Were doing a group ride in Cheyenne Canyon on Sunday-its a fund raiser thing for Mark Reynolds, he's the guy that was killed by the mountain lion, he lived here for 3 years and worked for CTS before moving to Cali. The trails are in good shape, we will probably go over Buckhorn and down Capt. Jacks.

ride
    I understand, my cross bike feels the same way, hopefully i will start commuting soon and that will be solved.

I do look forward to riding with you though. I've met you once briefly.
    Couple times, actually. Last spring I ran into you guys one muddy day at Hall, I think. I was on my cross bike. At the gas station in Lyons, too. You were with K-ware... We'll ride soon.

Evil Lurks
    I'm pretty interested in both days. Let me know what shapes up.

crashes in parkinglot
    I talked to kitchenware today, he is planning to be out of town this weekend to pick up his new car in St. Louis. He's interested in biking again, but i don't know when he or his bike will be ready to ride.

Card Carrying Member
    I talked to kitchenware today, he is planning to be out of town this weekend to pick up his new car in St. Louis. He's interested in biking again, but i don't know when he or his bike will be ready to ride.
    Soon my friend, very soon.

After I pick this car up, I'm going full swing on getting my ride up to standards.
    I'll be SSing for the next two weeks, but I would look for gears and suspension in the near future. I've got my FFTF time off, so I am thinking about cycling.

btw, I couldn't think of a better avatar, Eric. Well, maybe I could pull a funnier pic from screen capture.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware

After I pick this car up, I'm going full swing on getting my ride up to standards.
    I'll be SSing for the next two weeks, but I would look for gears and suspension in the near future. I've got my FFTF time off, so I am thinking about cycling.

btw, I couldn't think of a better avatar, Eric. Well, maybe I could pull a funnier pic from screen capture.
    Where you been?

trail waggler

Yah-hoo! Umm, I mean...

I'd sure be interested!

Yeah, Lion Gulch would be pretty snowy, they got some snow up that way this past week.

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by daveM
    I'd sure be interested!
    Yeah, Lion Gulch would be pretty snowy, they got some snow up that way this past week.
    Well migz's devil's back bone pics got me jones'n for some mud/muck/grime free riding. Scrublover and i discussed doing a DBB ride and then heading over to coyote ridge to get some miles in.

how about meet at Ventanrama's shop around noon. Does everyone know where the shop is?

Migz, if you and your 4 legged friend want to try a gulch ride on sunday i'd be interested.

Woohooo! Moderator

Fftf?

Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware

Are you two up for another road trip? (and this time I promise we won't blow a water pump going up Ike Tunnel).

Moderator Moderator
    Fort Collins - Horsetooth - Big City is very do-able for me on Sunday if anyone wants to come up. I'd be glad to lead a group on the local goods up my way.

I've been putting a lot of road bike miles in and my mtb really wants to get out bad. Poor thing seems to only make it out on the weekends this winter so far...
    Front Range Forum Moderator

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Are you two up for another road trip? (and this time I promise we won't blow a water pump going up Ike Tunnel).
    Kristian, i'm glad you converted over to the new system.

I was hoping to head down to CS some time in the next couple of weeks for a tour of palmer park, maybe after jim gets a bike w/ a fork.

Jan 2004

New question here. snow?

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Were doing a group ride in Cheyenne Canyon on Sunday-its a fund raiser thing for Mark Reynolds, he's the guy that was killed by the mountain lion, he lived here for 3 years and worked for CTS before moving to Cali. The trails are in good shape, we will probably go over Buckhorn and down Capt. Jacks.
    how mutch snow is up their? what time does the ride start? i will join you all. will their be any freeriders or dh riding in the fundraiser? I know 2 many ? sory man.

single track ****
    [QUOTE=2melow]Fort Collins - Horsetooth - Big City is very do-able for me on Sunday if anyone wants to come up. I'd be glad to lead a group on the local goods up my way.

I've been putting a lot of road bike miles in and my mtb really wants to get out bad. Poor thing seems to only make it out on the weekends this winter so far...[/QUOT

Hey fellow passionites, Lets meet in Ft. Collins about 9-9:30 ish Sunday morning. We can meet at Gart Bros. parking lot on N.W. corner of Mulberry & College ave intersection. To get there from anyplace south of Ft. Collins take I-25 south. There's three exits off I25 for Ft. Collins. Take the third one (mulberry/hwy14 exit) , and go west into Ft. Collins on mulberry until you hit college ave. Ride will be point to point cross country w/ more down than up.

Moderator Moderator
    Cool - I can meet up at 9:30 if that works for you. Gart Bros., meet on the north end of the parking lot next to Wells Fargo like we did last time (11 months ago already?!? sheesh..)

The trails up here are SWEEEET right now! I might have to put my sussy fork back on cause you guys are gonna kick my butt!
    Front Range Forum Moderator

single track ****

cool see you there

Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    Cool - I can meet up at 9:30 if that works for you. Gart Bros., meet on the north end of the parking lot next to Wells Fargo like we did last time (11 months ago already?!? sheesh..)

The trails up here are SWEEEET right now! I might have to put my sussy fork back on cause you guys are gonna kick my butt!

See you at 9:30 .

Woohooo! Moderator
    Kristian, i'm glad you converted over to the new system.

I was hoping to head down to CS some time in the next couple of weeks for a tour of palmer park, maybe after jim gets a bike w/ a fork.
    The conditions are a little snowy at the moment (and more is falling as I type this) but I would love to ride with you guys again. I'll keep you updated on the conditions around here and let's try to ride 2-7 or 2-14 if they are permitting.