Color me green...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Color me green...

Shortly after reaching the start of the trailhead, I unclipped the carabineer that held Toby to the rope leash. Invariably, he scurried inside the vivid green woods in full gallop. I hurriedly tucked his leash safely inside my jersey pocket and made a mad dash in hot pursuit of my four-legged partner. My tires instinctively aimed for the skinny line between the twisted trees laden with spring leaves. Leaves of green that brings new life to the winter-tired grove. Having been off the bike for 3 months, I pedaled myself into a trance, rejuvenated for the time being. It feels great to be back on the saddle as I followed the ever-familiar scrawny brown line and dodged last winter’s deadfall that lay waste on the path. Spring has a tendency to open up a whole new way of life. It brings new passion to our sport, a new fire in the belly if you will.

I looked beyond what was in front my handlebar just in time to see Toby the trail dog crest a small hill. He stopped, glanced about and took off running again. I was pedaling and breathing and he was running and panting. We could see no end to the fun time in the woods but parental duties call and we must keep moving.

Thanks for reading and good vibeSS to everyone.

Spring umbrella helps cool the path.

Ever faithful, Toby the traildog.

Brought to life by April showers.

May your trails be loaded with singletrack.

Color me green.

Give thanks to the tress that stood guard our local trails.

”It’s not easy being green”
    ~Kermit the Frog

mtbr member

Great shots!

[QUOTE=mugg]Shortly after reaching the start of the trailhead, I unclipped the carabineer that held Toby to the rope leash. Invariably, he scurried inside the vivid green woods in full gallop. I hurriedly tucked his leash safely inside my jersey pocket and made a mad dash in hot pursuit of my four-legged partner. My tires instinctively aimed for the skinny line between the twisted trees laden with spring leaves. Leaves of green that brings new life to the winter-tired grove. Having been off the bike for 3 months, I pedaled myself into a trance, rejuvenated for the time being. It feels great to be back on the saddle as I followed the ever-familiar scrawny brown line and dodged last winter’s deadfall that lay waste on the path. Spring has a tendency to open up a whole new way of life. It brings new passion to our sport, a new fire in the belly if you will.

I looked beyond what was in front my handlebar just in time to see Toby the trail dog crest a small hill. He stopped, glanced about and took off running again. I was pedaling and breathing and he was running and panting. We could see no end to the fun time in the woods but parental duties call and we must keep moving.

Thanks for reading and good vibeSS to everyone.

Thanks, mugg, for the beautiful photos, as always.

Your trail looks so green. Is it always this green, or just because it got lots of rain lately? We've got lots of rain here lately, mostly during the night

BTW, how are your wife and daughter doing? I hope they're doing fine. How do you enjoy the fatherly life? 'Wonderful, isn't it?

Happy trails!

Tammy

mtbr member

Nice!

Glad to hear you were able to hit the dirt again. Our little Anika is 3 weeks old now, and I can see why this must have been such a joyous release for you! You and Rosie should stop by some time now that we're settled in, though an out-the-door Seneca Creek/Schaefer ride will have to wait until I can build some new wheels. Welcome back!

mtbr member
    Saaa-weeeeeeet! Thanks for the passion hit Mugg.
    Randy

More Chasmism

Thanks

A beautiful and lush post as always, mugg.

hfly

mtbr member

Wow. green is right.

I think I've been in the desert so long that I'm forgetting what true GREEN looks like. Thanks for the Hit.
    b

You Are What You Is
    It sounds like your dog has a blast. Is he your pace dog? Can you keep up?
    There's nothing like escaping for a solo ride (or with dog) to relieve a week of stress.
    Nothing compares...except maybe playing with my daughters.

surly inbred

phenomenal shots...

...not so patiently waiting for my new digital to arrive...funny how riding re-triggered my interest in capturing those images

~nice work!
    ~great dog!

120 pounds of xc sex!

where??

where is this? so cal looks like shiat, i tell u!
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    I think it's someplace in AZ if I'm not mistaken.