Can't title something I can't put a title on.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can't title something I can't put a title on.

Yesterday on my way home from work, on the sky train this guy wheels his MTB on the train... its an older Devinci Chili Pepper. The guy had a full face helmet on, ok that's normal but the odd thing I couldn't figure out is he had a fire extinguisher in the water bottle cage... i said to myself ok this guy has a few screws loose and thinks he's riding a nitro crotch rocket or something. I couldn't see the entire bike at first... then i looked over abit a saw this extremely overkill built Panier rack... at least that's what I thought it was... i started looking a little more at this bike and there it was... a friggin snowmobile engine mounted on the side of the bike frame!!!!!
    I started looking at his " engineering "and its pretty shabby but functional i'm sure.
    What moved the bike was the actual shaft on the snowmobile engine that houses the clutch assembly was on the rear tire and thats what made the bike move forward... had a weird brake lever on the bike too... wasn't brakes it was the throttle
    so I guess Devinci should have a new bike powered by Rotax??

poser Administrator

Junkyard chic

Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    I started looking at his " engineering "and its pretty shabby but functional i'm sure.
    What moved the bike was the actual shaft on the snowmobile engine that houses the clutch assembly was on the rear tire and thats what made the bike move forward... had a weird brake lever on the bike too... wasn't brakes it was the throttle
    Here in Tucson, there is a dude with a similar concept using a chainsaw engine and a BMX peg on the output shaft that he uses to contact the tire and propel the bike. He uses one brake lever to engage the peg, via a lever arrangement, to the tire and another to actuate the throttle. Junkyard chic to say the least, loud, smelly, and reasonably fast, everything I desire in a bicycle.