Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Canmore Gathering Website is live!

3K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  CraigH 
#1 ·
Keep in mind this is my very first website. So, It's a work in progress. Ther relevant information is listed, contacts etc.

The ride, camping, party information will be updated as soon as we hammer out a master plan.

Hope everyone can attend, the contact email is: Canmore2004@hotmail.com

See y'all August 19-22nd!

brad.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Zonic Man said:
Seriously?

Where? We're doing the canada cup the weekend before in Fernie, then on to revelstoke, then pre-gathering luxury at the Banff Springs hotel....you gals can get a pedicure....Oooh La La!
United through Canadian air or something. SFO to Calgary. I'll email you the Travelocity thingie. Banff...what the hell kind of word ends in two F's?

I was planning on flying in on Thursday and out on Monday. Does that leave time for a pedicure?

I am trying to convince Dawn, Heather and Kenny G to join me.

Sabine

#12 ·
Canmore Gathering Update!

The 2004 edition of the Canmore Gathering is picking up steam. So far we've got 15-20 confirmed attendees!

The camp site has been reserved at the Restwell Campground, right in the heart of Canmore. It's a great spot and everything including trails are within riding/walking distance from the site.

Ride plans are taking shape as well. Pics and descriptions are up on the website. The terrain will be epic and many options are available on the rides to take into account different levels of fitness/ability.

Beer sponsorship is very close to a reality. Yes, I said beer sponsorship :D :D

We're working on details for the party plans/swag-off/awards ceremony. Keep tuned in for these items.

In the meantime, here's yet another set of teaser photos from one of the planned rides for the weekend. Hope to see you all in August, contact me with any questions at Canmore2004@hotmail.com , or Skogan at canmore2002@hotmail.com

www.members.shaw.ca/bradandnic

cheers!
brad.

Attachments

#13 ·
Damn! So many cool people coming! And Jed, too. I'm kickin myself that I can't make it, but I've got guests coming in that weekend.

Kn.

#15 ·
Nice job!

The web site looks great!

I had everyones favourite North Shore couple stranded at my place last week so I felt obliged to give them a little pre-gathering tour... Lee is plotting his revenge for all the climbing I took him on as we speak.

We are planning on doing Mist Ridge saturday, you Cow Town boys should come on out for that.

A couple pics from last week...

#16 ·
bones said:
Bring em! the more the merrier!

how are you healing up?

b.
Healing is good, but slow. Long rides result in two days of soreness in the mid-backal area.

My guests are coming for a conference ... so we'll be hanging close to home!

Kn.

#22 ·
nfa and other updates

Monte said:
Looking at the list, I guess I'm going....

Guess I should get the time off, eh?

Monte
PS:bones, what's "nfa"?
Hello all,

NFA - no fixed address, I wasn't sure where you were coming from, and yeah, get that time booked off! No committment is worth missing the gathering!

Some new updates listed on the site, the weekend is coming together nicely.

we're looking very much forward to seeing y'all soon.

cheers,
brad.

#24 ·
bones said:
Hello all,

NFA - no fixed address, I wasn't sure where you were coming from, and yeah, get that time booked off! No committment is worth missing the gathering!

Some new updates listed on the site, the weekend is coming together nicely.

we're looking very much forward to seeing y'all soon.

cheers,
brad.
Ah. I got 2 out of 3 words right. Anyways, Bellingham, WA. Might start driving on the 18th.

Monte

#26 ·
bones said:
Awesome! We'll see you soon then. Let me know if you need any travel info etc.

b.
Is the campground easy enough to find? Looking at their web site it sounds easy. Shooting for a Wednesday night arrival.

Good thing the alternator went out in my truck today while I was driving to work. I got to swap it out parked on the street next to the autoparts store. I was already on 'company time', but had to take a 'fix the truck break'. Faq.

Sieze ya,
Monte

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.