Thread: bummer ride

man the ramparts!!

bummer ride

Yup. The Gods of cycling were frowning upon me today. 1st off I forgot my socks. That should've tipped me off right away. Within the 1st half mile of riding, I pinch flatted on the first rocky section which sent me down. The sidewall of my rear tire was torn open (next time I'm not getting Conti Supersonics.... ProTection all the way.) In the process I managed to break off the cleat from my right shoe.... old bolts.

I'm usually not one to throw in the towel, but at the rate things were going, I wasn't in the mood to see what was down the trail waiting for me. Oh well... There's always tomorrow....
    oh... I'm too depressed for murder and mayhem!

Gravity Tester
    At least it happened early in the ride. See, you should have gone to the Tribe meet, you've angered the Yeti.

man the ramparts!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss
    At least it happened early in the ride. See, you should have gone to the Tribe meet, you've angered the Yeti.

You know, it's funny you say that.... all was well until I came back from my trip to N.C. which was, of course, the same weekend of the Tribe Gathering. Clearly I chose poorly.
    oh... I'm too depressed for murder and mayhem!

Enthusiast
    I also had a not-so-hot ride yesterday. Somehow, I managed to grab two, right-handed gloves, so I didn't even have a full pair to wear at the trailhead. Then I overdressed thinking it'd be cold, and it turned out to be warm. And then the bugs! I should've showered in bug spray, but alas, I failed to bring any.

I bailed out at the 3 1/2 mile point and rode the road the 2-3 miles back to my car. I too, just sort of lost the mood.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I had one of those last week. Couldn't stay on the bike at all. Got thrown off on sections that I usually clean without thinking about it. I went OTB into a mudhole... It's pretty funny now but at the time I was pissed. I felt totally beaten by the end of the ride.

Anyway, rode the same trail saturday and cleaned everything, so I feel a lot better now.

All-most Mountain
    i had a bummer ride last week. something i ate for breakfast wasnt agreeing with me and i just had that UGH feeling. i did like 2 miles and went back to the truck.

Members who have read this thread: 0