Bike a Go-Go-Go- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike a Go-Go-Go

Jan 2004

Bike a Go-Go-Go

The circus pulled into town to do a little demo day with the Pedal Queens of New Mexico. We figgered that the best compliment to 34 demo bikes was 30 pounds of chocolate, courtesy of the Rocky Mountian Chocolate Factory.

And after a fine and festive day of setting up folks on bikes, we decided it would be a decent enough idea to hit the trail with our own bad selves. MTBR's own crd was nice enough to take us out on a jaunt through Dale Ball.

after that it there was a nice little party at Second Street, followed by a tour de bars de Santa Fe. Work, work, work I tell you.

Now it is off to Albuquerque for a tad more work, and a ride and probably some nibbling on leftover chocolate.

amar la vida de dos niner
    The most unbelievable aspect of this whole scenario?

That there was left-over chocolate.

How long before chocolate goes bad, anyway? (I'm sure there's a Far Side joke in there somewhere...)
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

Bandolero

tubes...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    The circus pulled into town to do a little demo day with the Pedal Queens of New Mexico. We figgered that the best compliment to 34 demo bikes was 30 pounds of chocolate, courtesy of the Rocky Mountian Chocolate Factory.
    after that it there was a nice little party at Second Street, followed by a tour de bars de Santa Fe. Work, work, work I tell you.

Now it is off to Albuquerque for a tad more work, and a ride and probably some nibbling on leftover chocolate.
    I hope your personal ride's have slime/stans for the tires. I was chuckling at all the bikes at the gogo that had flats AND the pile of tubes you guys had in your trailer...

At the Specialized booth a woman was getting a bike ready and said "oh a goathead" then proceeded to pull it out. As the air gushed out, I spun the tire and asked if they were using slime. She said no, so I laughed and said "well, here's another one to be patched".

Welcome back to NM. Where's your work location today? Sports Systems or High Desert Cycles?
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member

Love / Hate

the go-go proved useful for my girlfriend to check out 4 bikes .......... but ended up liking the most expensive one she looked at.

Although she still wants to check out the Santa Cruz Juliana and may be the Trek's and Specialized, she became a fan of the Yeti ASR as soon as she took it for a spin.

Members who have read this thread: 0