a battle won- Mtbr.com

Thread: a battle won

Dec 2003

a battle won

I don't post on this board much, but last night i accomplished a goal that i've been working on for 2 plus yrs., so here it goes.I ride an area close to my home that has a climb several miles from where i start thats maybe 2 miles long, the last half mile it gets increasingly steep finally leveling off at the top.I' ve never cleaned this section so i'd set goals to reach certain points in the climb. I've been riding w/ a guy lately who does some guiding for mntbike tours, i've learned alot from him about proper gearing/ breathing etc.Last nights ride we got to the dreaded spot and started up (talking about the ventana X5 i've got on order) and before i realized it we were at the top!. for one night i was'nt an old fat guy, i was KING of the trail!!!! My passion is biking. Regards , Jim S.

mtbr member

kudos!

it's always good to ride w/ someone with better (or different) skills. I learn the most that way.
    Also helps to not think about it too much (ie talking while riding, etc).

congrats!
    Serge

Medium?

Congrats!

Is that the fire road up from Sycamore to the top? I guess it is. That X5 is going to be quite a step up! Good luck on the next 100!!!

Tree Hugger
    Good job!! I've got a few trail sections like that, the ones I have finally cleaned now seem simple. Its great to acheive goals, no matter how small they are.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunadad
    I don't post on this board much, but last night i accomplished a goal that i've been working on for 2 plus yrs., so here it goes.I ride an area close to my home that has a climb several miles from where i start thats maybe 2 miles long, the last half mile it gets increasingly steep finally leveling off at the top.I' ve never cleaned this section so i'd set goals to reach certain points in the climb. I've been riding w/ a guy lately who does some guiding for mntbike tours, i've learned alot from him about proper gearing/ breathing etc.Last nights ride we got to the dreaded spot and started up (talking about the ventana X5 i've got on order) and before i realized it we were at the top!. for one night i was'nt an old fat guy, i was KING of the trail!!!! My passion is biking. Regards , Jim S.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz