bad luck- Mtbr.com

Thread: bad luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

bad luck

aug 20 fractured r. fib while riding. cast off oct. 15. twisted same oct 31. just blew up. rode out. went to e.r. had the same nurse. he remembered me-don't get many 56 yo mountain bikers. it's not broken. but back on vicodin and crutches. sheeeet, ithink i'm hanging it up for season

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That blows, man. I tore the TFCC ligament in my wrist and underwent surgery. I'm just now getting back in the saddle, but my riding is limited until Spring. I feel your pain. What kind of fracture? Clean? Compound?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    clean. told me i might end up w/ permanent limp. as long as vics keep coming, i'll survive.

mtbr member
    Man, what's up with all the injuries. I fractured my wrist on Saturday...off the bike for a bit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig2002
    clean. told me i might end up w/ permanent limp. as long as vics keep coming, i'll survive.
    As far as healing from injuries goes, for me at least. The more activity and independence I have while injured, the quicker I heal. Keep working and stay positive, and you'll be back on the trails before you know it

Hermit
    I feel your pain. Broke my left leg in two places last July, which healed as well as could be expected. Then destroyed the cartilage in my left knee in April - which isn't turning out so well. This stuff takes a toll on riders, and us older guys don't absorb damage like we used to.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Ouch, that doesn't sound good. Well (Don't take this the wrong way) but it's good to see that there are still some older veterans still riding out there. Hope it gets better man, keep on riding.
    =[--<I=

Haha, I made a bike! Do you see it?

master blaster
    damn, i just fractured my elbow on thursday

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Swksheperd

How do your wrists feel now after getting treated for your TFCC's? Did you start with surgery or were you casted after having your DRUJ put back in place? I find out soon if I have a torn TFCC/unstable DRUJ and will have to make a decision on what treatment I want to do. I'm recovering from a distal radius fracture, which sucks, but I'm sure the TFCC sucks too!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorLake View Post
    How do your wrists feel now after getting treated for your TFCC's? Did you start with surgery or were you casted after having your DRUJ put back in place? I find out soon if I have a torn TFCC/unstable DRUJ and will have to make a decision on what treatment I want to do. I'm recovering from a distal radius fracture, which sucks, but I'm sure the TFCC sucks too!
    I underwent surgery first and was then casted for about 3 weeks. Then a brace, then a smaller brace, etc. Wrist feels pretty good now, and I had no complaints about pain or numbness even now. Good luck moving forward!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Scapholunate?

Just a couple of symptom questions. I know that everyone's injury is not the same, but I know yours was pretty complicated as is mine. I'm wondering if you had substantial pain when picking things up from the side, such as a book, especially when rotating the object. This also happens to me when I turn a doorknob, and even just occasionally with gripping things. I also have some clicking in my wrist with flexion/extension and am extremely concerned I may have a torn scapholunate ligament in there. From what I've read, the sooner these are treated the better. It's now been 10 weeks since my crash and the pain hasn't gone down much. I've addressed this with 3 different hand surgeons (and another retired one i know personally). They all have different opinions on this, but none of them seem to want to address this scapholunate ligament tear possibility at this time. Did you have some of these same symptoms? Anybody else out there? I feel like I'm doing all I can to make sure I'm on the correct road to recovery, but it's frustrating to keep getting all the different opinions. Thanks for any advice you can give, or details of your symptoms through your healing process. If I can't get this figured out soon and feel comfortable with the diagnosis I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps go to the Mayo Clinic. Anybody have any experience dealing with this kind of issue?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorLake View Post
    Just a couple of symptom questions. I know that everyone's injury is not the same, but I know yours was pretty complicated as is mine. I'm wondering if you had substantial pain when picking things up from the side, such as a book, especially when rotating the object. This also happens to me when I turn a doorknob, and even just occasionally with gripping things. I also have some clicking in my wrist with flexion/extension and am extremely concerned I may have a torn scapholunate ligament in there. Anybody have any experience dealing with this kind of issue?
    I experienced all of the above symptoms after tearing my TFCC ligament. The pain, for me, was rarely sharp, but pronounced itself with lateral rotation and with flexion.

May The Force Be With You
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

May The Force Be With You
    yup
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

mtbr member
    Get well soon.

mtbr member
    The thread is two years old

mtbr member
    nothing but awesomeness... probably trying to get his post count up.....
    A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0