Anybody here still go......- Mtbr.com

Poll: Make the name of the forum start with Passion.

This poll will close on 10-31-2019 at 07:46 AM

Self Appointed Judge&Jury

Anybody here still go......

To the top of the scroll bar looking for Passion? And then realize itís down lower and you scroll to P only to realize itís under R for Rider and not P for Passion. GRRRR..

Weíve been trained for decades to go to the top. At least, if after so many years you suddenly want to put it in alphabetical order make the beginning of the name of the forum Passion so we go to the P in the alphabet. Jeez!

This is a poll to change the name to something that starts with Passion and not Riding. Take the poll please, maybe Iím the only one irritated by this, or maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    I'm fine with the name change and the relocation. Name was changed to clarify what belongs in this sub- forum and it was moved to keep it from becoming the first on the list so it wouldn't be the. catch all. Before everyone was complaining that because it was first on the list everyone was posting here instead of General. What does carbon fiber knives or being passionate about Halloween have to do with riding?
    This topic belongs in General or Site issues and my guess is that it will be moved as it has nothing to do with riding or being passionate about your bike.
    Change begins by doing something different.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm pretty passionate about how little this matters so count me as a vegetable and leave well enough alone.

Bikesexual
    I agree ^^ Passion being at top did create a bunch of bs threads.

I still say Beginner's corner should be at top, it just make sense to teach newbies how to navigate the forum.

When I joined I had never been part of a forum but I did my research and sort of figured it out on my own. Most newbies just post whereever! The All Mtn forum also gets a ton of bs threads, and newbie questions about entry level bikes.

Eventually you will get used to finding it DJ.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Out spokin'
    I voted -- went the vegie route. I'll be out spokin'. Meanwhile y'all have fun playing MTBR forum scrabble at home.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Looks like thereís more vegetables than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    To the top of the scroll bar looking for Passion? And then realize itís down lower and you scroll to P only to realize itís under R for Rider and not P for Passion. GRRRR..

Weíve been trained for decades to go to the top. At least, if after so many years you suddenly want to put it in alphabetical order make the beginning of the name of the forum Passion so we go to the P in the alphabet. Jeez!

This is a poll to change the name to something that starts with Passion and not Riding. Take the poll please, maybe Iím the only one irritated by this, or maybe not.

Getting out of your routine once in a while is psychologically healthy.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Looks like thereís more vegetables than anything.
    I find myself wishing I could change my answer. Not my vote, just my response. Like most multiple choice polls, this one didnít include enough choices to cover all possibilities. So I voted for the closest thing available which was:

Iím a vegetable and could care less.
    Had the choice been offered, my vote would have been:

I actually ride my bike and couldnít care less.
    The change from ďcouldĒ to ďcouldnítĒ is more significant than the comment about riding. I canít deny ďvegetableĒ applies sometimes. But being unable to care less ó thatís accurate 100% of the time.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

Probably drunk right now
    For what it's worth.... First time here in about a year and it took me a while to find Passion. When it wasn't at the top, I went alphabetical. I then went back and looked at the link that Pete sent me to find out what the name was. It was a PITA because I didn't know the name changed. The next time I stop in, I'll probably forget again. Take my opinion for what it's worth: Not a regular participant any more and it should carry less weight as a result.

Just from a UI/UX perspective, starting the forum with Passion so it's alphabetical is reasonably intuitive.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    It's kinda like switching back and forth with SRAM/Shimano. Doesn't take long to adjust if you don't think about it too hard.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    ...took me a while to find Passion. When it wasn't at the top, I went alphabetical. ... It was a PITA
    You make a good point here. By the way, are you pagan? Finch is looking for you.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org