Another 35 Mile Day...- Mtbr.com
    S*it Happens!

Another 35 Mile Day...

I live in Minooka, Ill and I must say that I love these days. Lots of sunshine, not too many bugs yet and lots of trails to ride. I moved here about two years ago and it’s like XC heaven or anything outdoor for that matter… I live about 3 miles from two main rivers. The Illinois and The dupage. Plus the path I been riding lately has so much history and goes for about 90miles one way. The I&M cannel. With places to rest, many small towns to visit and forest preserves and state parks that have single track. Also on the trail, there are places to camp out for the night… Free. Backpack only!

I just got back from a thirty-five mile ride. With all the stopping, I did, shooting photos and eating my powers bars and looking around I was surprised to find me back home in three hours. AVG. SPEED 11.67 not fantastic however, I’m getting better.

I hope you like the photos. I took a lot but I will just post some.

Fred.

At this point I’m about 5 miles into it. The path is the I&M cannel. The path was used for the mules because they would help to pull the barges down the water way.

This white house is one of the last of lock tenders houses. He would live with his family and his job was to open the locks to let the barges though. Some days as many as thirty times he would do this. This home is from 1860 and they stop using this cannel in the 1930’s

This is one of the locks and here an example of one the many barges that traveled this route.

I stop too take many photos. Good thing I remembered to bring my bike chain.

I’m just going to get on with it.

I believe this guy going to be in that “New Transformers” movie coming out soon. I’ve been told that this one turns into a Volkswagen Beatle.

I guess that’s about it… Don’t want to put you to sleep.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member

Nicely done.

We are in Brookfield, just West of Downtown Milwaukee. That is some great riding you have there.

My wife and I did 24 miles today (road) and enjoyed the perfect weather. Keep up the good work.
    Marc82Much
    Saint Louis, MO

mtbr member
    nice

I live to bike
    I did 25 miles on the C&O canal yesterday, towing my son on the trail-a-bike. The canal tow paths make for great family riding!

nice pictures.

Members who have read this thread: 0