mtbr member
    Sep 2005

9 day Utah vacation: Where should we go?

Hey all,
    My wife and I are headed down to Utah (from Oregon) in a few weeks for 9 days of MTB-centric fun. We are flying in to SLC, and the one certainty is that we are going to Moab. We haven't yet decided how long we will stay there, or where else we should ride.

Are there any worthwhile riding destinations between SLC and Moab, or should we go straight there?

Where else should we ride? We are thinking that Fruita and Durango sound like worthy destinations that aren't too horribly far away.

If it helps, we are mostly in to epic XC rides. Technical terrain is fine, we just aren't DH/FR types. Thanks in advance for any advice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I personally think there's enough riding in SLC/PC, Moab & Fruita to keep you busy riding for 9 days. I would save Durango for your next trip to CO.

mtbr member
    epic XC rides = Durango...EPIC!!!

Don't forget to stop and turn out a few laps at Phil's World in Cortez. AWESOME trails!!!

Have fun no matter what you do!!!

www.singletrackmapping.com
    Ft. Collins & Lyons – Golden – Buffalo Creek – Durango – Phil’s World – Crested Butte

aka greyranger
    Since Fruita and Grand Junction are only 100-115 miles from Moab, might as well stop by if you are inthe neighborhood.

mtbr member
    Lots of quality XC in Park City.
    Virgin River Rim Trial outside of Brian Head is also quality XC
    Easy to do a loop from Park City, Price, Moab, Brian Head.

I'd rather be biking...
    Perfect time of year to do some riding up in the mountains. Moab and St. George are still gunna be hot and you'll be stuck with morn and eve rides only. Spend a few days in park city/slc then head down to cedar mountain and ride Virgin River rim/bunker creek/dark hollow/thunder mountain and maybe travel a hour further south and spend some time down in St.George on gooseberry/little creek/jem/zen before heading off to moab for "The whole Enchilada/amasa back. Skip sovereign in moab and ride out in fruita/GJ instead for the remainder of the trip. Peace.

Members who have read this thread: 0