203 mile passion

Over in Arizona, that is.

mtbr member
    Wow.

That's all I can say.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Wow and double wow. That's a looooong ways for a two-day ride. Care to comment on your camping kit. It looks very spartan and light. And what did you do for water. Were there always places to fill up or did you have to filter from cow ponds and bogs?

There's huge potential for that type of "exploring" here in Nevada. Lots of dirt/jeep roads (water would be a problem though)......but I just can't wrap my head around it. Amazing trip, man.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    Over in Arizona, that is.
    You know if you'd gone just two more miles you'd have reached 205 miles!

Freak!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Wow and double wow. That's a looooong ways for a two-day ride. Care to comment on your camping kit. It looks very spartan and light. And what did you do for water. Were there always places to fill up or did you have to filter from cow ponds and bogs?
    My sleeping bag is a Western Mountaineering 35 degree mummy. It lives in a XS Granite Gear compression sack, which was strapped to the saddle and seatpost. Very simple, very effective.

My home-modified frame pack held snacks, maps, and GPS.

On the back was my Osprey Talon 22, brand new. What an amazing piece of gear. The singletrack descent off the north side of Bill Williams mtn was rough and tough for miles, and the pack was simply never noticable. I love packs, have owned many, and this may well be the best yet.

It held a Thermarest Prolite S3 (13 oz), an Adventure Medical 3.8 oz (15 bucks) emergency bivy, food, odds and ends, knee/arm warmers, and a light Goretex jacket. I also had my standard hydration bladder, a six liter dromedary with a hose.

I left the house fully loaded with six liters plus a bottle. I drank most of it by early afternoon, filled up at a gas station in Williams, topped off back to full at the truckstop near Flag, and got a few liters from the caretakers at the Grandview Lookout tower. I had iodine just in case, but did not use it. There were a few rain puddles, and occasional cow ponds, but neither were particularly appealing.

I re-upped on food late in the afternoon on Saturday: Subway, twizzlers, fritos, things like that. Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    You know if you'd gone just two more miles you'd have reached 205 miles!
    I was quite content to break 200.

Tucson, AZ
    Gnarly. Glad to see you have joined the ranks of those with an Osprey Talon 22, it is truly a remarkable piece of gear, frankly a necessity for any endurance rider. Sweating on the back is not an option with this amazing pack. Now if only I can get some better shorts that reduce the amount of sweat on my nuts.

Basha Felika
    Now that's passion, ladies and gentlemen...
    "Will you have nuts or a cigar, sir?" --an English soldier after Rourke's Drift

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    You sir, are a maniac.

Mad props, that's an epic.

Nice passion hit, helluva job.

Members who have read this thread: 0