Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Bikesexual
    What the heck I'll throw her in here too Put my new bike together, upgraded saddle/grips/pedals/bottle cage - First time doing this, my buddy helped me out so we had some brews in the process fun way to end the day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do FOR your bike today??-rb1.jpg  

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member

9Point8 Fall line

Just got my 9Point8 Fall line dropper post yesterday, install was easy as it gets, construction/finish is superb, action is very nice and best it's easy to remove from the frame if needed. Really looking forward to the flow this should help restore on the trails instead of needing to stop and lower/raise my post when needed.

What did you do FOR your bike today??-dscn4446.jpg
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Love 2 Ride; Ride 2 Live
    Applied my new 3M Scotchgard Paint Protective Film to the areas of cable contact on my frame.

You can see where the cable started wearing off the finish before I got this stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Started riding on 05/01/16
    Riding a heavily upgraded Trek Marlin 5 29er

Bikesexual
    A few easy things, finish my cockpit on my road bike - added the bottle cage (finally) to my MTB -odd place man I tell ya!- new saddle bags for both -I realized carrying my huge multi-tool in my pack might not be the wisest, and attached a pump to the frame on the road bike. Tomorrow some much needed cleaning/maintenance for the MTB.

Sorry if too many pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do FOR your bike today??-rb6.jpg  

What did you do FOR your bike today??-bottlecage.jpg  

What did you do FOR your bike today??-sb2.jpg  

What did you do FOR your bike today??-sb1.jpg  

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    I got it filthy dirty. Bath time in the morning.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Rode and cleaned it afterwards

Magically Delicious
    Disassembled the upper pivots, cleaned, inspected, lubricated the pivot bearings.

Re-assembled, torqued and it's ready for the next ride tomorrow.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Bathing complete!

Gonna go ride it tomorrow and get it all dirty again.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Bikesexual
    Same here but no ride tomorrow.... she does look brand new
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do FOR your bike today??-cleansc.jpg  

The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    New shoes for everyone! Sort of...

Hybrid got a new pair of Saints:
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-13293014_10209268884742210_268669205_n.jpg

MTB got the front rim retaped with Gorilla tape and a Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin "TL-E" installed(Easy is no joke-took a minute to get the bead over the rim, but aired up instantly with a floor pump, and I even rode it around for a few minutes with no sealant):
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-13262396_10209268895742485_1650225579_o.jpg

I like the XR3 Team Issues, but am used to NNs, and felt like I could use more bite for the twisties, especially on speedy downhills, and tight corners on fast, flowy XC trails:
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-13293318_10209268893742435_1872327786_n.jpg
    About the same volume on the 2.2" XR3 and much more aggressive 2.25" NN, and the NN only weighs 37g more. Win-win

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Having noticed that the Shimano cup and cone bearings were assembled a little tight on the thru axle rear hub of my new RMB Thunderbolt back when I trued the crooked wheel, I set about taking a rainy day to fix that and possibly more. When I shifted the gears to small-small for removing the wheel, I noticed the chain was so slack it looked like a suspension bridge. A quick look in the blue book confirmed the chain might be too long. I used the chain hook from my Topeak mini tool to see how the chain would look with three links removed - the mandatory pair plus another for the quick link. There would still be double bends in the chain at each pulley when the big/big gears were used, so I removed the links. Then, what the heck, what a great time to soak the chain in degreaser to give it a better clean than the cleaning tool did when it was new and I was converting to Clean-ride With the chain removed I was able to see how smooth and precise the bottom bracket worked.

I was shocked to see how the lock nuts took next to nothing to release. WTF? I had decided to service the hub bearings on the low- time bike while I was at it. The bearings had also felt tighter on one part of the rotation, so I wanted to check it out. It was bad enough that it felt like the hub axle was bent or something. I was pleased to find that the bearings on one side were caged. This made reassembly go much faster. The bearings easily popped out of the cage for cleaning. I forget which side's bearings I was cleaning, but when I noticed a small piece of chrome plating in the shop towel, you can bet it made me take a close look at every bearing. Found nothing unusual.

About this time I noticed the weather and forecast had changed for the better and I set about efficiently putting it all back together and lubing the chain so I could go for a ride. The hub bearings now worked smoothly! I wonder if it was that chrome plating that caused the issues? Of course there was brake rub now, so I used a new aquisition, the Hayes disk brake feeler gauge to adjust. OMG perfect the first try - awesome!

Then I got to ride. My bike and I had a fantastic day

Glen

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeden View Post
    Having noticed that the Shimano cup and cone bearings were assembled a little tight on the thru axle rear hub of my new RMB Thunderbolt back when I trued the crooked wheel...
    And all of this was found on a 'new bike'?

A chain too long on a new bike?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    And all of this was found on a 'new bike'?

A chain too long on a new bike?
    Yes and yes To be fair, the decision to shorten the chain by the two links might have been a little tough for the builder. In fact one of those "wide to skinny" links might be a good idea to go half way. Now it's a little tight, but still OK on the large/large gearing, but I never go there anyway. I suspect that the decision to go with cartridge bearings by a bike manufacturer might be partly do to the reduction in assembly time, because it is a little tedious to get cup and cone just right.

I am only in my third year back into biking. The first year I used/trusted the LBS for that bike. Last year with my new hard tail, I made the decision to dive in and buy the few specialty tools needed to do everything. Then on my second ride I found the front disk brake mount loose enough that it moved inward and was striking the spokes of the disk! That was definitely an LBS "oopsie". I also couldn't believe they let the bike out the door with such a wobbly rear wheel. But again, I wanted to learn to do this myself, so rather than ask them to fix, I did it. On that bike, the hub bearings were also too tight and on the rear wheel there was even some piece of something in there to make it bind. I brought the wheels in for them to fix and saw how patience and TIME were needed to get it just right, which they didn't. That coupled with the fact that the axle skewer on that type of hub actually tightens up the cup and cones, I can understand how bike shops and manufacturers strive only to get it close, with too tight being more desirable than too loose. And most customers won't notice the difference. So last year I learned not to trust anyone under 60 to work on my bike and not to worry about it Just take it on and move along. Also, what was amazing to me was that the freehub bolt took NO EFFORT to loosen off and I'm pretty sure that was a factory issue. When I sold that pristine bike last month I was able to say that it was in way better shape than when I bought it

So this year's new f/s bike still uses the cup and cone, but the thru-axle now frees me from the tedious compression caused by hub skewers. And like last year, when I spin the wheels, they go and go and go

Glen

mtbr member
    Well, instead of riding, I replaced my new and defective Nobby Nic with the XR3 Team Issue that I took off yesterday
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-20160524_100639.jpg
    On the brighter side, I guess my bike's 37g lighter again...

Magically Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeden View Post

So this year's new f/s bike still uses the cup and cone, but the thru-axle now frees me from the tedious compression caused by hub skewers. And like last year, when I spin the wheels, they go and go and go
    I haven't run cup n cone hubs for years, but you will learn to adjust them within a hair's breath of being loose so the tightened skewer set's them perfectly. It will be a lost art before long. I still enjoy playing with them on friends bikes though. When they're set up correctly, they're great.

Congratulations on learning to take care of your own maintenance and service needs. It will pay dividends in both personal satisfaction and money saved. Stay in touch with your LBS and buy them beer from time to time, even if you don't give them any work. There might be a day when they can help you out. They will remember you.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    so you rode it hard and put away dirty??!! shame for shame.

nvphatty
    does it count i'm awaiting new hubs and spokes for the P L U S wheelset??

mtbr member
    5:10 impact lows and nrg tasters choice today

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

Professional Crastinator
    I decided I needed a little more impact resistance for my trip to Blue Knob, PA next weekend.
    (up from an Ardent 2.4, which has been moved to the rear)

What did you do FOR your bike today??-minion.jpg
    Still not going 29+.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member

Pic to add to my previous post

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenM View Post
    Well, instead of riding, I replaced my new and defective Nobby Nic with the XR3 Team Issue that I took off yesterday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160524_100639.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	1072152
    On the brighter side, I guess my bike's 37g lighter again...
    Shwalbe seem to be having a lot of issues lately. My LBS is having a hard time mounting several Shwalbes without having them delaminate. A look very similar to yours here.
    Goodbye '95 ZJ. Just so you know, transfering box of left behind womens panties to next truck. Thank you ZJ!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmark View Post
    Shwalbe seem to be having a lot of issues lately. My LBS is having a hard time mounting several Shwalbes without having them delaminate. A look very similar to yours here.
    I love Nobby Nics once they're on the bike, but have had nothing but problems getting them there. They tightened up on the Performance line's ERD with the 2015- model(-2014 worked fine for me), and I've even had to use a metal trim tool to get them on my Arch EX rims after breaking half a dozen tire levers, and ended up gouging up my rim tape, scratching a rim, etc. Another of the 2015s had a damaged bead, and blew off the rim after mounting, too. I wasn't 100% sure that wasn't my fault, so just trashed that tire, since it was cheap, anyway.
    Either way, it's been a huge PITA, and I don't understand why they'd intentionally make their beads so tight that they won't go on what are likely some of the most popular aftermarket rims on the planet. They're generally run with tubeless tires, though, so maybe that has something to do with it. I certainly had no problem mounting this "Tubeless Easy" version.
    I talked to one of Schwalbe's USA people yesterday, describing the problem with the new tire and the Performance ones before.
    I think he was pretty straight up with me. Said they were having "some" reports of problems, though "this isn't a conversation I'm having every day", but told me about one of their warranty guys that he rides with recently having a problem with one of his tires, too.
    He was taking notes, and said that it would be brought up in a meeting later in the day.
    I'm supposed to go through the warranty process with CRC since they're not a US dealer, and I've already emailed and told them that I do want a replacement, so will see how that goes. If I have problems with another one, I'm going to have to call it quits with NNs and Schwalbe tires in general. Maybe my rims and those Performance models were just a bad match, but this latest issue is building a negative association with the brand for me. Patience is something I already struggle with, and I don't need my fun hobby being clouded by constant hassle and unnecessary frustration, especially when I can slap a XR4 on the front tomorrow with little fear of complications(can't get XR4s on sale for $44, though!).

On topic: today I ditched the Isoform bar and grips on my FX 7.5 and replaced them with Ergon GP3s on a Ritchey bar I had sitting around, and cut down to ~620mm. Curious to see how I like the bar ends...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Said they were having "some" reports of problems
    Which is amusing as I watch two NN's do the same exact thing when watching the mechanic trying to mount one right after the other. The look on the mechanics face and the manager face while asking if they should remove the others from the shelf was priceless!
    Goodbye '95 ZJ. Just so you know, transfering box of left behind womens panties to next truck. Thank you ZJ!

mtbr member
    Not seeing any mention of this in the Wheels and Tires forum, or even the dedicated NN thread
    I sent the above pic, plus another with the tire rotated 180 degrees on the rim to avoid any speculating about my tubeless install or the valve stem being part of the problem. CRC has already given me a new order #, and is shipping a replacement with no hassle.
    If that one turns out to be defective, too, I'll send both tires to Schwalbe in case it'll help finding the source of the problem. Hopefully that won't be necessary!

Give'er!
    Painted my stem cap with flat black primer, lol. It's the stock cap, but the GT branding all over it annoyed my OCD

...err...I guess without a before picture it looks like any other stem cap, but it looks much nicer than it did!
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-p5260169.jpg

mtbr member
    Cut my stem tube down a lot just 2 10 mm spacers I had about 35mm of spacers on prior much happier, installed a new M785 xt 26-38 2x10 crankset onto my 9 speed setup, shortened my chain 6 links everything running butter smooth love the crankset, and swapped my tool bag to a new smaller one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do FOR your bike today??-pic14.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Not seeing any mention of this
    I'll provide you more links, but understand that the delamination issue happening with Shwalbe tires is not just an MTB issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGBJmxCuqs

In over 18 years of MTB, I can''t ever remember an MTB tire company having delamination issues. More people in the motorcycle world are seeing this issue on a larger scale than MTB users. Shwalbe moto tires are no longer sold in the states retail stores because of this delamination issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Motovespa entry 2013 by nebulae
    The problem is that the tyres are delaminating.
    ie the rubber grip is coming away from the main body of the tyre.
    Schwalbe are staying quiet on the matter which is whats getting everybodys back up.
    Would i use their tyres?
    NO !!
    I've been witnessing this issue with Shwalbe for close to a year and a half now. And it was an issue before I found out about the issue.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    My bike like to go up the mountains. That's what I did for my bike today!

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Cleaned Ariel (Saracen Ariel) and tuned her gears and checked all the bushings etc

mtbr member
    Cleaned it, swapped the 29er wheelset back to 27+, aired up the tires and rode it!
    Enjoy the ride...

Give'er!
    One of my old man's golfing buddies gave me a couple of bike tires with curiously teeny little knobs! While there's no way that I would trust them as a front tire, I decided to throw the 2.35" one on to test out as a rear. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have doubts, but I'll find out tomorrow if it's a yay or nay!

What did you do FOR your bike today??-p6020230.jpg

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Hung another wet shirt from the bars to dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHB View Post
    One of my old man's golfing buddies gave me a couple of bike tires with curiously teeny little knobs! While there's no way that I would trust them as a front tire, I decided to throw the 2.35" one on to test out as a rear. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have doubts, but I'll find out tomorrow if it's a yay or nay!

Name:	P6020230.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	1074058

My daughter runs those on her bike. Man it seems to roll for ever and pretty damn good grip on hardpack.

Love 2 Ride; Ride 2 Live
    I put a homemade chain guide on her to keep her chain from slapping around so much. We'll see how it works.

What did you do FOR your bike today??-img_20160603_234112.jpg

Love 2 Ride; Ride 2 Live
    I stopped at both my LBS, as well as Wal-Mart today and picked up some things for the bike.

Here, we've got some supplies for cleaning and maintaining it.
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-img_20160605_182904.jpg

And here, we've got a new seat and a pair of locking grips to put on her!
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-img_20160605_183734.jpg

mtbr member
    Reduced PSi from 33 to 30 (tubes)..feels like a new bike.

Give'er!
    Put new brake pads on and dismantled, cleaned and rebuilt the rear hub. When one's hub sounds like rubbing rim brakes, it's probably time to show them some love! The difference is like night and day, lol.

Freewheel's a bit creaky though, so that could probably use a once over at some point...or like...replacement.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmark View Post
    I've been witnessing this issue with Shwalbe for close to a year and a half now. And it was an issue before I found out about the issue.
    Ehhh. That's not very confidence-inspiring.
    Finally got around to swapping the front to the replacement NN, just now.
    Mounted and sealed up no problem like before, but I guess that doesn't mean much.
    If things go well, I'll be doing the longest ride I've ever done in the morning, so hope this doesn't turn out to have been a bad idea!

Give'er!
    Doubled my water capacity. My rides are getting longer with a lot of climbing and I'm trying to avoid riding with a hydration pack. It worked out good because the straps for the top mounts rest just above the brake mount, removing any possibility that they might slide down the fork (which would be bad!) To keep tension on the bottles, I run the cages fairly tight (I bend them inwards), but anyway I'll test it out tomorrow and see how things go!

What did you do FOR your bike today??-p6080026.jpg
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-p6080027.jpg

nvphatty
    Gave them both a bath...no not bubble bath either.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHB View Post
    Doubled my water capacity. My rides are getting longer with a lot of climbing and I'm trying to avoid riding with a hydration pack. It worked out good because the straps for the top mounts rest just above the brake mount, removing any possibility that they might slide down the fork (which would be bad!) To keep tension on the bottles, I run the cages fairly tight (I bend them inwards), but anyway I'll test it out tomorrow and see how things go!

Name:	P6080026.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	1075121

Name:	P6080027.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	1075122
    And I thought my water bottle cage was in an odd place never seen that before, but I can see you will need it w/out a pack.
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

Give'er!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    And I thought my water bottle cage was in an odd place never seen that before, but I can see you will need it w/out a pack.
    I can't take credit for the idea; I lurk in and got the idea from the bikepacking section.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ordered parts, and starting prepping both bikes for a downhill park trip.

mtbr member
    I just washed, lubed and waxed it today:

mtbr member
    Gave it a rest while I took a hike
    Enjoy the ride...

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Built her a new wheel.

What did you do FOR your bike today??-new-wheel.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I rode her hard, just like she likes.

mtbr member

What did you do FOR your bike today??

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr80015 View Post
    Gave it a rest while I took a hike
    Wow! So much water on Vernal Falls. I miss Yosemite!

Looks like you did panorama to half dome eh? That's a nice 16 mi trek

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfudge02 View Post
    Wow! So much water on Vernal Falls. I miss Yosemite!

Looks like you did panorama to half dome eh? That's a nice 16 mi trek
    That's actually lower Yellowstone Falls, we did the Clear Lake Loop which is only about five miles. That was more than enough for my ten year old daughter.
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Installed a 2 piece rotor , and started prepping them for the bike park this weekend

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr80015 View Post
    That's actually lower Yellowstone Falls, we did the Clear Lake Loop which is only about five miles. That was more than enough for my ten year old daughter.
    Oh wow silly me, I've been to both. Haha..

try anything on a bike

Made my own bike rack from my hitch rack that rarely gets used. The mount for fat bike is interchangeable between 100x20, 100x15, 110x15, and 150x15. It's extremely versatile and well built. Wife's is just a 9mm QR
    The most freeride like fat bike I could make with available parts...

Like ^
    Simple and effective.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

RAKC
    I like that rack idea, pretty sweet. Giving me ideas.

But for now, I got a fork mount in my van, little dremel grinding on it so it can go back and forth between fat and normal forks. No more having to go real slow around corners so my bike doesn't fall over.

And now my wife no longer believes I got a cheapish used minivan just for being easier with the kids lol. Cargo space has been taken over hehe.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Put on a new bar and grips and cleaned it for photos
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    No pics yet simply because I haven got the parts yet there in the mail but nailed a steal on ebay im current running a 2x9 tranny well for 86.49 with shipping I got a new takeoff deore shadow+ 10 speed rear mech, front/rear shifters (was a set no choice) a new kmc chain and a 11-36 10 speed shimano cassettes. Add in 24.98 and I got a used SRAM XX1 X-Sync 36 Tooth 104mm BCD chainring plus ordered a set of steel bolts gonna match this to my shimano xt crank yes its a 104 bcd crank I already have a bash guard for it if i feel like using it. I felt like going 36 because I do alot of road riding to sure I could keep the 26/38 crank setup and would be smart considering I tend to ride road more than trail alot but I want a 1x10 someday ill swap to 1x11 when i find a deal like I did for my 1x10 and have the green for it.

Bikesexual
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-uploadfromtaptalk1472008118281.jpg new pedals...
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

Love 2 Ride; Ride 2 Live
    I noticed on a ride after work tonight that the remote lockout for my fork wasn't locking all the way. After the ride, I adjusted the cable and now it's working again!

I also moved the remote itself to a new location on my bars to see if I like it, but that's more for me than it was the bike.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    New tires and sealant for my HT rig.

mtbr member
    Long day stripped my bike down to the frame leaving my rear derailleur, seatpost, bottle cages and brakes hooked up only cleaned the hell out it regreased everything then reassembled with my new xx1 36 t chainring a race face bash over it leaving my front derailleur and shifter off and where they belong on the pos steel frame bike you can see in the background im building for commuting since I will get a 30-32t chainring when I wear this one out.

Now running a 1x10 was 2x9 for quite some time a quick road/offroad test loop shows me everything works great I may yank that bash gaurd off though my chain is making noise with it trying to squeeze in it fits but when i'm on my 11t i'm getting extra noise. Overall as she is shes weighing in at a trim(ish) 28 lbs for a aluminum alloy 26" bike with no carbon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do FOR your bike today??-100_0229.jpg  

What did you do FOR your bike today??-100_0230.jpg  

What did you do FOR your bike today??-100_0231.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2119 View Post
    Long day stripped my bike down to the frame leaving my rear derailleur, seatpost, bottle cages and brakes hooked up only cleaned the hell out it regreased everything then reassembled with my new xx1 36 t chainring a race face bash over it leaving my front derailleur and shifter off and where they belong on the pos steel frame bike you can see in the background im building for commuting since I will get a 30-32t chainring when I wear this one out.

Now running a 1x10 was 2x9 for quite some time a quick road/offroad test loop shows me everything works great I may yank that bash gaurd off though my chain is making noise with it trying to squeeze in it fits but when i'm on my 11t i'm getting extra noise. Overall as she is shes weighing in at a trim(ish) 28 lbs for a aluminum alloy 26" bike with no carbon.
    Saw this pretty rig at the TVR today! looked boss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Banshee Bikes
    Slaphead Legion
    Wachusett Brewery

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Installed KS eten dropper
    New carbon spacers in stem
    Flipped stem from negative drop to positive!

What did you do FOR your bike today??-dropper-2.jpgWhat did you do FOR your bike today??-dropper-1a.jpgWhat did you do FOR your bike today??-stem-1.jpg

All fat, all the time.
    I fed it 10 miles of singletrack. It gets hungry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Installed new pedals, swapped wheels between bikes, and both bikes are now tubeless

Quote Originally Posted by Cicch95 View Post
    Installed KS eten dropper
    New carbon spacers in stem
    Flipped stem from negative drop to positive!

Name:	dropper 2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	1090857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dropper 1a.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	1090856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stem 1.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	1090858
    Nice!
    I think your post is mounted backwards. The cable should be running up the back of it and not the front, me thinks.

nvphatty
    stared @ it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Nice!
    I think your post is mounted backwards. The cable should be running up the back of it and not the front, me thinks.
    No sir! That is the way the Eten mounts!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Inner pad on the rear brake started rubbing a tiny bit, had to reset them. Also adjusted my hand controls. It's a new bike

mtbr member
    Hopped on it, putt 'er in full squishy mode..rode up and down the street and off the curb..I am happy for a few hours.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_biker View Post

Made my own bike rack from my hitch rack that rarely gets used. The mount for fat bike is interchangeable between 100x20, 100x15, 110x15, and 150x15. It's extremely versatile and well built. Wife's is just a 9mm QR
    That's pretty cool..perhaps get some of those straps to lock down the rear wheels onto the frame

Quote Originally Posted by Cicch95 View Post
    No sir! That is the way the Eten mounts!
    Ahh a skeptic I was you proved me wrong. I looked it up and you're right it is cable forward mounted. First dropper I've seen in that configuration. My apologies Sir.

Nice looking ride BTW.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Nice looking ride BTW.
    Thanks! I love the Eten so far! I have only done about 27 miles but it is awesome!

mtbr member

What did you do FOR your bike today??

Rode it and washed the mud off afterwards
    Enjoy the ride...

since 4/10/2009

Installed a big new 203mm rotor.

used to be RipRoar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post

Installed a big new 203mm rotor.
    I love big brakes and have had a 203 up front on the past few bikes, good stuff.

For the bike I deep cleaned the drive-train and lubed her up for weekend fun.

mtbr member
    Put Spring tires on my AM mule

Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Purchased new gear to protect myself of the intense awesomeness this soon to be ebike/downhiller will be dishing out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Voaraghamanthar; 09-03-2016 at 06:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Took it from this...

To this...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I contacted my insurer and inquired about increasing coverage beyond 2K for my new Thunderbolt before I start a camping vacation next week. Gathered receipts for the bike, dropper, seat, and pedals - scanned and sent off to them

mtbr member
    I just ordered an e13 TRS+ 9-44 11speed cassette for it to make my inexpensive Eagle clone drivetrain. That along with my 26t Absolute Black chainring and I will have a slightly lower climbing gear and almost the same top gear as if I were running Eagle with a 30t chainring which is what comes on the Hightower now
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    Before my ride today I put air in the tires and shocks. But I also lubed the chain and the derailleurs and pedals and wiped the brake rotors clean (they weren't too dirty).

mtbr member
    Installed a Specialized Command Post LT dropper 125mm, goatlink and Cateye Velo 7. Some of that was for me too!
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 160mm fork
    Straitline Defacto pedals
    Renthal Fatbar with TV 40mm stem
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Carbon & some better brakes for the wife's bike. Great deal from chain reaction on the bars and stem. EBay on the brakes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I changed my Revelation fork from 120mm to 130mm, now to test ride it tonight.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

try anything on a bike

There was and everywhere. So it got a much needed bath.
    The most freeride like fat bike I could make with available parts...

Bicycles aren't motorized
    Air up the tires. It doesn't look so sad now.
    It ain't supposed to be easy.

Make
    America
    Gravel
    Again

Magically Delicious
    A little Race Face Carbon 1X with ceramic BB now boarding.

mtbr member
    Got my new chain in the mail today, cassette will be here Tuesday
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    Took it out and rode it!
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    Changed the seat height.

Magically Delicious
    ^^^ How much did you change it?

mtbr member
    Added an extra mount in prep for a digital speedometer.

mtbr member

Magically Delicious
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-sram-xx1-rear-derail.jpg

Give'er!
    Built a chainring (For snience!)

A few things to tweak, but the fact that it even works makes me happy! 16 gauge mild steel, 26 tooth 64 BHC. Only took 7 hours, lol! There was drilling...and grinding...and lathing...and filing...and more filing...and more filing...oh my how there was filing...
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-c1.jpg
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-c2.jpg
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-c3.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do FOR your bike today??-p9130506.jpg  

mtbr member
    Not today, last week took it on a short, but nice holiday in Colorado ;-)

What did you do FOR your bike today??-golden-bars-pb.jpg
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

somehow still alive
    Bought it.
    2017 Santa Cruz Hightower 27+
    Should be here this week
    Not what you think.

My videos

mtbr member
    Ordered up some Shimano XT hubs and a set of SUNRingle MTX33 rims..... IN WHITE!

Magically Delicious
    What did you do FOR your bike today??-20160912_193512.jpg

What did you do FOR your bike today??-20160912_194356.jpg

mtbr member
    Lubed them up... Now I'll have to toss a coin to see whom I take out o_0

Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast