It's a slugfest!

Some Sedona Passion

Highline trail.... Rode Wednesday, 3/16. Thought I'd post this up on Passion for those who might want a virtual ride....

Enjoy.

-SS
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    This virtual ride was a lot less work than actually riding the trail. Almost feels all downhill.....

Sweet video! I really want to get back up there. I have watched this video 4 or 5 times already and it just makes me want to go back even more.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice video, I have yet to ride that one, looks great!
    Bianchi San Jose commute/town duties and fixie trail riding. Bianchi C.U.S.S for days I feel like riding a MTN bike.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Cool video and trail. That section around 3:20 looks mean. Thanks for posting.

mtbr member

Good riding guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigCreekRider
    That section around 3:20 looks mean.
    That's what I was thinking. Maybe it's just the angle of the camera, but I don't remember that section.

Thanks for the excellent vid stoke. Thanks for including a bunch of off-the-bike-not-POV footage. That takes time to set up.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

It's a slugfest!
    Thanks guys.

Kent, that's a spooky section, right after a previously spooky section...so your mind/memory is all jacked up when you roll through...

It was fun taking our time, filming, and looking around and saying "Wow!" Its going to be tough to force ourselves to try other trails in Sedona, while we know Highline is just sitting there calling out to us....

-SS

I'd rather be biking...
    Thanks for the bike stoke, Silver_slug I met your bro in law i guess? Shane here in STG for a group ride the other day. Love Sedona though need to get out there this summer

Downhiller
    its almost hard to imagine that i've lived in az all my life(minus the last 2 years) and have never been to sedona...passed through a few times going to flagstaff but thats it, it looks like a great place to ride, im gonna have to go out there sometime.

p.s. what song was that and who is it by?
    Last edited by darkness777; 03-19-2011 at 10:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks like an awesome trail! I need to get out there someday.

Big Damn Hero
    Looks like some great trails, so very different than what we're used to out here in east Texas. My sister lives just outside of Flagstaff and my friends and I are trying to plan riding trip out there... looks like this is a trail we'd have to try!

Thanks for sharing.

It's a slugfest!
    Thanks guys. I'll have to agree with some of the others that say "If you go to Sedona, and can pick just one ride, you need to take a good hard look at this trail.....It will not disappoint."

Shelbster, I spoke with Shane and he mentioned that he met you on an Ice house ride. Says you guys ride pretty fast. Some of our AZ crew are headed your way mid April...hope to see you on a trail or two while we're in town.

Darkness, song was "The Journey" by Fatboy Slim. Don't know the group from a hole in the wall, but the song flow and some of the lyrics were what I was looking for to accompany our footage.

-SS

mtbr member
    Great video. I rode highline and hogs as part of the azsf on Saturday. Awesome trails and definitely a lot of exposure and some sketchy sections. Sedona is an awesome place. Can't wait to go back.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33
    Great video. I rode highline and hogs as part of the azsf on Saturday.
    Heard that the Hogs trails are pretty sweet. I haven't ridden it yet and it will be pretty difficult to convince myself to ride that instead of Highline but if you rode both as part of AZSF then it should be possible to ride them in one ride, right? Whats the route and how long of a ride is it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theGreenEGg
    Heard that the Hogs trails are pretty sweet. I haven't ridden it yet and it will be pretty difficult to convince myself to ride that instead of Highline but if you rode both as part of AZSF then it should be possible to ride them in one ride, right? Whats the route and how long of a ride is it?
    Hogs is definitely worth a look and would be a nice addition to Highline. Very doable in a day. We did a Hangover and Highline combo one day last May when I was there. Hangover is my favorite of all three. You should check it out too if you haven't yet.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theGreenEGg
    The quickest way to do the Double H is a figure 8 ride where you cut through the Chapel Rd neighborhood. That's about 16 miles and a 3.5 to 5 hour ride for most. If you add in the Shadies and leave and end from Village of Oak Creek it's about a 20 mile ride.

Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Good style points boys! I like the edit, showing some good attempts at some fine techy trailriding.
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

Members who have read this thread: 0