mtbr member

snow/ice passion baby!

were starting to get hammered by the big storm right now, and ive been out riding the streets (too lazy to go to the trails) and its awesome! Riding in the snow adds a whole other dimension. You slide left, the slide right, then you slide around a corner, then your tire spins alittle trying to climb a hill.

And the ice is even crazier, I slid out so many times.

Not to mention the amazing magical quality of riding in the snow.

Does this make anyone else giddy as a schoolkid? haha

mtbr member
    I can relate completely. I wish that I still got snow days so I could just get a little posse together and go ride the streets and have a blast.
    "Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You must not get regular"wintry mix" storms where you live if you like riding on glaze from freezing rain. Ice storm warning for 1/2" to 3/4" of ice tonight in my part of PA - hate it! I'd rather deal with a blizzard any day than this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i live in north carolina. it has snowed and iced more than usual this winter. we have some trails behind a friends house along the neuse river. going out in the ice at night on the trails was the funnest. we also went out in six inches of snow which was awesome. here are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snow/ice passion baby!-snow1.jpg  

snow/ice passion baby!-snow2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm going to check my pan head screw situation for studded tires.Some of the best rides I've had were on ice.There is nothing like getting the rear wheel spinning and drifting corners.

Members who have read this thread: 0